Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Right To Be Wrong by HPLoverForever

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Oh my gosh, you guys. I'm SO sorry for the HUGE lack of update. My computer is in the shop at the moment and I won't have it back for a while. Chapter 3 of RTBW is almost finished and then it will be sent off to my lovely beta. Until then, I'm planning on the future chapters of this fic and my other fic, 'Dear Diary,' which I am really really focusing on. In the mean time, you could always take a look at that... ;)

Thank you all so much for your patience! xox



**







Tears continued to leak thickly from the corners of her eyes as she stared up at the sparkling green skull floating almost gracefully above their house, loud, heavy sobs still escaping her salty lips. They were gone. There was nothing she could do about it. They were gone.





People in dark robes continued to roam around in different directions, murmuring lightly under their breath, utterly puzzled, when a hand grasped her shoulder uncertainly. She gasped, knowing whom it had to be.





“Wh-what does it m-mean?” Petunia stuttered. Lily shook her head as she cried another loud sob.





“It m-means th-that Voldemort k-killed them.” Lily said with a mourning tone. Petunia let go of her abruptly and stepped away from her sister, shaking her head disbelievingly, bony hands covering her thin mouth. Before Lily could say a word, Petunia ran off in the opposite direction and down the hard sidewalk.





It wasn’t long before Lily couldn’t handle it any longer. They were in there, and she had to get to them. She walked past the mailbox and up the front lawn. Lily thundered up the steps and turned the doorknob roughly, the door rushing open and slamming against the brick wall with a terrible bang. The scent of coffee still lingered in the air from only a simple hour ago. They were still alive that hour ago. The thought just made Lily’s heart heavier than it already was.





Then she saw them. The man, whose eyes were wide with shock, and the woman, whose auburn hair was sprawled across the tile floor. Lily fell to her knees and bowed her head. How could this have happened? One moment, they were all sitting in the living room, enjoying the presence of one another, when the front door flung open, half a dozen shadows drifting inward. She remembered trying to save them, trying every spell she could think of, trying to get Petunia out of the house…







”So Lily, darling, we’re taking you to that Dragon Alley place tomorrow, then?” her father asked with a small smile. Lily smiled right back.



Diagon Alley, Dad. And yes, we’ll have to go there tomorrow morning. So Petunia, how’s Vernon doing?” Lily asked with another sly smile. Petunia glared, but did not respond.





“Yes, Petunia, how
is Vernon doing? He hasn’t been around lately.” Petunia glared deeper at her sister for bringing up the subject and Lily couldn’t help but slightly smirk.





“He’s fine, just busy with school.” She said quietly. Without warning, the front door swung open and smacked against the wall. A high cackle echoed through the room and Lily gasped in horror.





“Oh my god,” she said, eyes wide with fear and shock. “It’s him. Mum! Dad! Petunia! It’s him! You’ve all got to get out of here!” Petunia leaped to her feet and looked from her parents to her sister, utterly clueless on what to do. A tall shadow drifted over the light carpet and Lily tensed. She grabbed her sister by the wrist and dragged her along behind as she leaped up the steps two at a time. She heard a scream from downstairs, followed by another, and knew they were gone. Lord Voldemort had killed her parents.





“Petunia, we’ve got to get out of here! Go into your bedroom, lock the door, and climb out the window. I’ll meet you down there, okay?” Lily didn’t wait for her response. She shoved her sister into her bedroom and whipped out her wand. “COLLOPORTUS!” The door swung shut and locked. Lily thundered across the hallway toward her own bedroom. She was within arms reach when a hand grasped her from behind. Lily screamed.





“Oh no, I don’t think so, my dear. The Dark Lord has excellent plans for you,” a wheezing voice said from behind. Lily squirmed.





“Turn her around,” a voice from behind both of them said darkly. Lily turned abruptly to face a dark, hooded figure. Lord Voldemort was in her presence. “Well, well, look who we have here. Lily Evans, we finally meet. Drop her,” he commanded, and the man’s tight grip loosened greatly, dropping her to the floor. Voldemort approached her. “Do you know why-” he was cut off in mid-sentence. The front door had opened and she could hear new, panicking voices from downstairs.





“Come,” Voldemort commanded once more to the Death Eater standing before him and two more pounded up the stairs to join him, “we will meet again, Evans, do not doubt that for a second.” With a swish of his robes, Voldemort and his Death Eaters fled into the darkness, leaving nothing behind but sadness.










It all seemed to blur the harder she cried. Footsteps approached her, and a thin, balding man knelt down beside her.





“Pardon me, young lady, but I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave. This is a secu-”







“I just don’t understand why it happened,” Lily began quietly, cutting the man off in mid-sentence, “I never did anything to them. What would they want me for? My parents…they were just muggles…they had nothing to do with them…I’m the only witch in my family.” The man looked at her sympathetically, but rather than questioning Lily further, he stood up and walked away, leaving her alone in silence with her dead mother and father beside her.





“Come back,” she whispered thickly to her mother and father’s dead bodies, “come back…”