Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Right To Be Wrong by HPLoverForever

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I am SO sorry this chapter has taken so long to post! I just got a new laptop and all my information got erased and I had to completely rewrite this chapter. However, I've been planning and writing a lot lately, so I should have the third chapter up pretty soon.

Hope all is well!
*Hayli
The Boys’ Dormitory echoed with uncontrollable laughter. Sirius threw a feather pillow at Remus, who ducked at the last second, causing it to hit Peter. Peter smiled and threw the pillow back at Sirius, who got smacked in the face.


“You guys are such idiots! How can you honestly think that Julia Marshall is hot?” Sirius asked, putting the pillow behind him.


“You haven’t seen her yet, Sirius. Her acne cleared up a lot over the summer,”
Remus responded. Sirius rolled his eyes.


“Oh please. What about you, Prongs? You agree with me, right?” he pleaded jokingly. James grinned and reached across the sheets, snatching his own pillow and setting it on his lap.


“Whatever you say, Sirius. Now, was it just me, or did Evans seem a little off today?” he asked. Sirius rolled his eyes sarcastically and Peter fell back onto his bed with a loud groan.


“Oh come on, Prongs! Stop obsessing over her!” Peter exclaimed, annoyance seeping through each of his words. Before James could respond, Remus took the chance away from him.


“Actually, she did seem a little depressed when I talked to her,” he commented. James’ eyes opened wide.


“When did you talk to her?” James asked, surprised.


“I caught her before she boarded the train. We talked for a little while. Nothing really important though.” Remus answered.


“And what? You didn’t mention me?” James both looked and sounded very hurt.


“Of course not!” Remus retorted. “I’m surprised you even asked me!” James smiled jokingly and took this chance to throw the pillow that still sat on his lap at his friend. The room exploded into laughter once again as it it Remus so hard it knocked it over. Remus sat up and threw the pillow back at James who wasn’t able to duck in time and got smacked hard on the side of his head.


“Ouch, Moony! That one hurt!” James rubbed his cheek tenderly, but it was obvious he had been kidding.


“What? Me not mentioning you or me hitting you with a pillow?” he asked.


“Both!” and, with that, James grabbed his pillow again, walked up to where his friend was lying, and wacked him forcefully in the ribs. The laughter continued for another solid minute, yet faded quickly after.


“But seriously. When I talked to her after the Prefects’ meeting, I tried making a friendly conversation. I asked her how her summer went and she was almost in tears,” James said, sounding concerned.


“Just leave it, Prongs. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. She’s pulling you down! Think about it. You could have any other girl you wanted, yet you chose the only one you couldn’t have. Come on, James. You’re a Marauder! We never tie ourselves down like that!” Sirius finished. James was glaring at him deeply, yet he didn’t respond, afraid of what might slip out. Seeing the tension for a new topic, Peter finally spoke up.


“So, when are we going to start planning for our next prank?” Peter asked eagerly, sitting up quickly. Sirius grinned mischievously. Before he could say anything, Remus stole another chance.


“Not tonight. It’s almost midnight and we have classes tomorrow. We’ll start sometime this week,” he said, sounding final. No words of protest escaped any of their lips and sooner than expected, the group was sound asleep. Well, three of them were. James lay awake in his bed, mind focused on one thing alone. Lily Evans.


It had been a long six years and James still didn’t understand. He could get any girl in Hogwarts that he wanted, yet the one girl he truly desired wouldn’t even give him a chance. Why not? His brain was too tired to fathom any idea and desperately wanted to shut down for the night. James gave in easily and fell into a deep sleep.


James was at a Quidditch game. The field did not seem the slightest bit familiar, but he didn't think the slightest of it. He had the Quaffle in his grasp and was now speeding across the pitch, dodging random players from the opposite team. He was almost at the goalposts when a Bludger came racing his way. He swerved drastically, causing him to drop the Quaffle. It was Ten to Ninety with the other team in the lead. One of the other team’s players had snatched the Quaffle from under him and was now almost at him end of the goal posts. James urged his broom forward, trying to get it level with the person in possession of the large ball. He was almost there when he saw Lily Evans in the audience, watching him in pure awe. She smiled and winked at him, causing him to lose focus. However, this happened at just the wrong time because…


WHACK!


A bludger smacked him so hard he fell off his broomstick. He was falling. The wind blew quickly below him. He started to fall even faster. He was falling so quickly that…



The dream changed. James was in a dark room; too dark to make anything out. He heard voices from not too far away. He listened intently.


”It has happened, my lord,” a familiar voice said quietly. “I can tell you. They have made me their Secret Keeper.”


“Good,” a raspy voice responded happily. “Tell me. Where are they located?” The first voice took a deep breath.


“Godric’s Hollow.” Who was that?


“Very good. We leave tomorrow evening. You have done well. Now, leave me,” the second voice commanded. The person muttered something under his breath and soon, James heard footsteps coming toward him. The footsteps trailed past him and he heard a door swing open and then shut. The first voice began speaking to himself, saying things that James couldn’t understand. He heard vague hissing noises. Was there a snake in that room?.



Suddenly, the lights flickered on in the room in his dream and, before he could see anything, James woke up, heavy breaths escaping his lips. None of it was real. It was all in his imagination. James sighed heavily and fell back against his pillow, slowly falling back into a deep slumber.