Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Come Back... by AstroFire

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I own nothing of this. I’m just having fun using JKR’s characters and my imagination. I’m not making any money out of it, and no copyright violation intended.

Others disclaimer: The lyrics used are from the song titled "Angels fall first" played by the group Nightwish. Here is a link if you want to see a custom video of the song that inspired me to write this one-shot: Click.

Dedicatory: To all those who are waiting for their one true love.







"Come Back..."





A soft curtain of rain whispered over her face while the moonlight was shinning high above, reflecting on the small drops of sadness. Her auburn hair was dancing with the wind of pale night, and the stars high above were burning, consuming her happiness, her life. The trees around her talked in low whispers as the wind ran around their old bodies. It was the symphony of nature.

Her face was lifted to the black night, as though she wanted to reach the clouds with her lips, with a forbidden kiss. She let all the elements play around her, surrounding her with the vastness of life, and yet abandoning her to her inner demon. The demon crawled inside her chest, tearing her heart apart; the demon of grief.

She took a deep breath, almost trying to take in all the silver beauty of the night by doing so. Her tears continued to run down the sides of her face when her lips parted, and his name escaped her lips, perhaps unbeknownst to her.

“Harry…”

The rich sounds around her were a soft flute blending with her soul; the melancholic notes played by her soul.

“Please come back, Harry… come back safe…”

Her body trembled but not because of the cold wind whirling around her, caressing her tears, but because she felt inside her chest Harry’s fear, vibrating with empty words.


An angel face smiles to me

Under the headline of tragedy

That smile used to give me warmth



Finally, her knees became too weak to support her as the weight of uncertainty pushed her down, trying to burry her into the mud, to dig her deep into the ground, to return her back to the earth. Ginny fell on her knees. Her face turned to the ground where scattered flowers were drowned by the rain.

Kneeling as she was, Ginny was the portrait of a prayer; a plea to love for love. She was supplicating for Harry. That wherever he was, he could hear her voice, and see the star in the night that would lead him home.

The memories of his innocent face, the touch of his lips, the spark of his eyes and the bliss his voice carried to her, whirled inside her mind, playing in front of her eyes. It was the war what had taken all this away from her; the hatred of men and courage of others, because the war would only be lost when there was no one left to stand up for what was right.

But what was right? Was it to leave a father without son, a mother without daughter? Was it to make the children grow without parents, without brothers? Every time someone defended what was right that person risked everything and sacrificed the love of the family for the life of light. Was it worth the price? Was the reward sweet enough to overcome the bitterness of the sacrifice? Probably not, but the sacrifice was needed, and that was why men like Harry cast light in the darkest of the hearts.

He had purified her heart; her heart that had been so scarred by a forsaken memory, shadow of evil. She had been on the verge of sinking in the waves of a dark path, a path with no return, but Harry had pulled her out from the mud of regret. He had saved her that day and forever, and yet he had never asked anything in return. But she had given it to him… her heart, her capacity to feel through a soft, tender kiss. He was her angel.


I’ll never understand the meaning of the right

Ignorance led me into the light



The melody of the night spilling on nature flared a small hope in her heart. He would return. He would come back, to her, to her arms, where he belonged. In return she would never let him go; through a caress or a kiss she would love him, so deeply that her very veins would carry only his voice; the gently words that she loved to hear as a new day dawned, as the sun burned in its highest point, as the dusk grew darker, and as the stars finally burned out. Their voices would drift into eternity, accompanied by the bells of triumph, and the bonds of family. They would be a whole and everything… but he had to come back.

“Come back to me, Harry.” Her whispers cracked down into sobs before she finally lay on the wet grass as her tears mixed with the rain and the moonlight. “I’ll be here… just come back…”


Sing me a song

Of your beauty

Of your kingdom

Let the melodies of your harps

Caress those whom we still need



The breeze around her carried her words, as if they were made of leaves, and took them very far away, with invisible legs running over mountains and valleys, deserts and storms. Her words were laid before a young man in a strange land, over the hills and faraway.

This young man sat in a rock as he gazed at the infinite stars. His eyes were clouded, burdened by the chains of a destiny not yet fulfilled. The breeze came to blow over his hair, over a strange scar on his forehead, over his ears, bringing the words of love from remote places back to home.

The young man’s green eyes widened when the sound of night and the whistles of leaves turned slowly into a breeze of a voice.

Harry…

The melodic wind was the voice he had so well heard sing. The voice of his Ginny was once again whispering into his heart; words of longing, words of hope.

Come back safe…

He heard it so clear that not even the black veil of darkness around him could conceal the image of auburn hair, deep brown eyes, soft lips curled into a small smile and a never ending love; a heart so pure that it was the strength of his soul in moments like this, moments that foretold the end of a prophecy.

Harry knew that soon enough he would be facing the twisted smile of the assassin of his parents; the man carrying with the sentence for more than a hundred of murders and the sin against light. As the moment drew closer, fear had coursed through his body, but when the wind brought words of distant lands, hope had been shed over his soul.

His eyes scrutinized the cosmic map above him, searching for the silver needle in the dark blanket.

I’ll be here… just come back…

As the words wrapped around him like armor, he finally spotted the star on the sky. The celestial body was twinkling with brightness. This was the star he would follow to return home. The star shone with memories of her; promises of love and reunion.

With conviction growing inside him, Harry stood up with decision. Eighteen years had led him to this night, but all the centuries would lead him to Ginny. He would return. Inside him, an inextinguishable flame of hope and freedom lighted the path ahead from him. A path his feet walked without wavering, ready to fulfill his destiny and return safe.


Needed elsewhere

To remind us of the shortness of your time

Tears laid for them

Tears of love, tears of fear

Bury my dreams, dig up my sorrows

Oh Lord, why

The angels fall first?






The End






A/N: Well, I'm on a roll. 2 one-shots in 3 days! Please remember to review, constructive criticism is very welcomed too :) If you liked the story, you could also check my other fanfics: "As the Dusk Grows", "Sleeping Sun" and "Wait for Me". I hope you like them.

This story really just flowed out. The song I used like inspiration is called "Angels Fall First". I hope you liked this one-shot as much as I did.

Unfortunately, this one-shot has not been beta-ed. My beta is still very busy, but I solemnly promise that as soon as she is free, I'll ask her to look over them.

I'm still working in the chaptered story, and hopefully you'll start seeing the first chapters very soon :)