Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Bad Girl by Daniela

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 2: First Rule Broken

Disclaimer: All characters and locations belong to the talented Ms. Rowling – I only made up one character.

Alanna yawned her way through brushing her teeth. Her mother had called to get her butt downstairs soon or else! Alanna shook her head – it still felt weird to hear that familiar call. The last two days had been hectic, but it was still good to be home, in a somewhat weird way.


She swept her hair up into a ponytail and secured it with a clip. Suddenly, she remembered today was the day that the Hogwarts students were coming in. She grinned mischievously – perfect flirting material! If she hadn’t been expelled from Hogwarts, she would have been in sixth year. She’d heard that Harry Potter was in his fifth year – maybe she’d get to meet him! It was only a year’s difference, not a big gap. Smiling, she scurried downstairs, and the day was begun.


She worked throughout the morning. Just after lunch, when she was on her break, the students from Hogwarts began filtering through the door. All they ordered was Butterbeer, but she didn’t have the chance to deal with them yet.


Suddenly, her mother barked, “Alanna! Come here!” Alanna jumped out of her chair and hurried to her mother’s side.


“Yeah, Mum?” she asked. She was pretty sure she hadn’t been doing anything. She quickly ran over the day so far in her head – no, she hadn’t flirted or anything. Luckily, her mother didn’t recognize the “guilty look” on Alanna’s face – in the duration of Alanna’s youth, that look had betrayed her many a time.


“I have to run to the store to stock up on some more Firewhisky, we’re all out. I would ask you to do it, but you’re underage. I need you to watch the bar. If someone asks you for a drink that is too complicated, just ask them if there’s anything else they’d like, as you’re not quite experienced enough, or wait for me to come back. Now, I really have to go. Do not drink, and no flirting with the students – just give them their orders and leave them alone!”


Her mother hurried out the door, smiling at regular customers she passed. Alanna hurried behind the bar, grabbing a cloth and wiping out a glass as she waited for someone to order something.


Abruptly, she heard a deep male voice asking for a Butterbeer. Thinking it was an adult, she looked up. Instead, she found herself looking into the steely grey eyes of a boy with blond hair. He happened to be very hot. She instantly turned on the charm, conveniently forgetting completely about her mother’s rule.

“Hi. I’ll just get that for you right now,” she purred in her most attractive voice. She turned away briefly and grabbed the bottle of Butterbeer under the counter. As he took it, she felt an electric shock. She drew in her breath. He smiled at her and she smiled back. He leaned across the counter to talk.

“I haven’t seen you here before,” he said, his eyes boring into hers. She flushed. “I, uh…just arrived a couple of days ago,” she said shyly. Guys seemed to like that. “I’m staying for a while, though,” she added flashing him a confident smile. From her experience, guys generally liked that too. He nodded, then extended his hand.

“I’m Draco Malfoy,” he said, still looking into her big green eyes. He looked down as she propped her hand on her hip, and was sure, if the bar wasn’t in the way, he would be seeing a nice, shapely hourglass figure.

“I’m Alanna, Madame’s daughter,” she said as they shook hands, trying to keep her voice steady. She felt an electric shiver again.

“Why don’t you go to Hogwarts? You certainly live close enough,” Draco asked casually. His casual demeanor was a pretense he used with many girls. He’d learned they seemed to be attracted to laid-back guys, and ones it took an effort to catch. He thought this girl was quite attractive, but knew enough not to overstep the line just yet.

“I was at Hogwarts for a while,” she said, again drying the glass while looking at Draco out of the corner of her eye. She judged he liked bad girls – he just had that sort of, well, vibe. “But I got expelled in my 4th year.”

She saw that had surprised him. “Really? How old are you?” She smiled. “Just sixteen. How old are you?”

“I’m fifteen. So, I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime?” he asked. She smiled happily. She was wondering when he was going to get around to it!

“Sure,” she said nonchalantly, like she didn’t care. “I get off at about four thirty today, for a change. When do you have to be back?”

“Uh, six – that’s when dinner starts,” he answered. “So I guess we can meet at five, and have an hour?”

She nodded. “Alright. I’ll meet you in front of here at five. See you then.” He nodded and walked away, giving her a quick sexy look over his shoulder as he left.

She smiled yet again. She had a date! She just wouldn’t be able to let her mother know – she’d have to make up something.

Oh, well, she thought, as she mixed three people’s drinks. I’m used to making things up. This should be easy. Besides, I wouldn’t want to miss this – that guy is drop dead gorgeous!