Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Bad Girl by Daniela

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 4


Sunlight streamed in through the window to pool on the bed. Alanna stretched and smiled as she remembered the events of yesterday. That was a great kiss, she thought as her smile grew bigger.

She jumped out of bed and quickly made it, smoothing the dark green bedspread as fast as she could. The sunlight quickly warmed the green walls and lit on the carved golden vines on the molding.

Alanna got dressed in a pale blue dress she’d had forever and had never worn. She didn’t think she’d see Draco today, but just in case, she decided to not take any chances.

She ran a brush through her wavy hair and then ran downstairs. It was seven in the morning, and her mother had told her to be prompt, as she had to start working as soon as customers started coming in. They came in around eight.

“Good morning, Mum!” Alanna trilled as she dropped a peck on her mother’s cheek. “Isn’t it just gorgeous out today?” She grabbed an apple from the bowl and smiled at her mother.

“Yes,” said her mother slowly. What is with her? Madame Rosmerta thought suspiciously. She’s never this cheerful around me “ especially not in the morning. Something is up.

“Alanna, I need you to work all day behind the bar. Don’t come out. Technically, you’re grounded,” Madame said. Might as well discourage her from anything.

Alanna’s cheery smile instantly faded. “What?” she asked incredulously. “Why?”

Her mother rolled her eyes. “Don’t try that look on me, young lady. I know it all too well,” she said. “You’re grounded because you were late last night. I hope to somehow teach you promptness.”

“Just because I was 10 minutes late, I’m grounded?” Alanna cried. “That “ that “ that’s totally unfair! Argh. I hate you!” She ran out the kitchen door and slammed it loudly behind her.

Madame Rosmerta sighed. “I just can’t win with her,” she muttered. She shook her head and went out to the bar. She’d have to call Alanna in sooner or later, but Madame would much rather it was later. The girl needed time to cool off.

Outside, Alanna had dropped on a bench and was taking vicious bites out of the apple. What is her problem? I was 10 minutes late, how is that grounds for, well, grounding? I mean, just, what, I’m not allowed to have fun? Sometimes I really do hate her, even if she is my mother!

Alanna hurled the apple over the garden wall.

“Ow!” yelled someone behind the wall. Alanna desperately wanted to smirk and walk inside, but she couldn’t. She wasn’t like that “ she just acted bad, she was really a good person. So she ran to the wall and looked over.

“I’m sorry!” she called as a boy with flaming red hair and a girl with bushy brown hair stared at the apple rolling before them. “I didn’t mean to hit you!”

The boy looked up, and his mouth dropped. The girl pushed it closed with her hand and glared at him. Then she looked at Alanna and grinned.

“It’s okay!” she called back. “You’d think he’d be used to it by now!” She chuckled, and so did Alanna.

Alanna looked behind her, and saw no one in the doorway. She hopped over the wall, somehow keeping her dress straight. Once she was on the other side, she walked over to the boy and girl.

“Hi, I’m Alanna,” she said cheerfully, smiling and extending her hand.

“Hi, I’m Hermione and this is Ron,” said the girl, taking Alanna’s hand. The boy continued to gape openly at Alanna. “He would say hello, but apparently he’s stupefied by your beauty.”

Alanna flushed. “Oh, I’m not ““

The girl shook her head. “Perfect combination “ beauty and modesty. Anyway, I haven’t seen you around. You look about our age “ why don’t you go to Hogwarts, seeing as you live so close?”

Alanna smiled uneasily at the boy. “Well, I was in Hogwarts a while ago, but I got expelled in my fourth year.” She saw the girl’s eyebrows disappear into her hairline. “Don’t worry “ I didn’t murder anyone or anything, and I’m not Slytherin’s heir!”

Hermione relaxed and chuckled. “What house were you in?”

“I was in Gryffindor “ I don’t think I saw you much, though. I was sort of in my own world,” Alanna explained. “Aren’t you in fifth year?”

Hermione nodded. “Yes, Ron and I are. Well, we should get going, it’s getting late. It was nice to meet you.” She shook Alanna’s hand again and smiled. “I’m sure Ron would say something, but he’s not in the right condition right now.”

Alanna giggled. “That’s quite all right. Goodbye Ron.”

The boy goggled at her. She smiled broadly at him and then hopped back over the kitchen wall, and walked into the pub. She slipped behind the bar and began wiping glasses.

Well, those two were interesting, she thought to herself.

THAT NIGHT…

Alanna slipped from under her bedclothes. She crept to her wardrobe, and pulled on her favourite purple dress. After a lot of consideration, she’d decided to forego the blue one.

She grabbed the matching shoes, and crept out the door and to the head of the hallway. She listened carefully for footsteps, then crept silently down the stairs. She paused just before the doorway to the bar, and suddenly flattened herself against the wall as one of the other workers passed her.

Once the worker was gone, she let out the breath she hadn’t known she was holding. She flashed past the open door and out the back door. She moved like a silent shadow through the back yard and hopped the wall again.

She strapped on her shoes and hurried in the direction of Hogwarts. She hugged herself and smiled. She was going to see Draco again!

Finally she reached the appointed meeting place. She only had to wait a few moments before she saw Draco approach. She stepped out of the shadows and he took her in his arms.

“It seems like so long,” she whispered. He nodded, then lowered his mouth to hers. Again, she felt that shock, then the passion surged through her veins. I probably won’t be able to survive these kisses after a while!, she thought after they parted.

“Come on, let’s walk,” she said to him.

“Alright, where do you want to go?” he asked. She bit her lip, and then her eyes lit up.

“Can we walk around the grounds?” she asked. “I haven’t been here in so long, I just want to see everything.”

“Okay, let’s go,” he said. He took her hand, and they began walking. Alanna drank in all the sights that had been lost to her for so long. Hagrid’s hut, the lake, the castle itself, the Forbidden Forest… She told Draco stories of what she had done here, and he chuckled at all her escapades.

Finally, his watch beeped. Alanna grabbed his wrist, and saw it was one o’clock in the morning.

She gasped. “I’ve been here too long. I have to go!” She turned to run, but he grabbed her hand.

“Wait, Alanna!” She turned to face him, and he took her face in his hands.

“We have to do this again sometime. How about tomorrow?” he whispered to her. She smiled, and nodded. They kissed, and this time it was better than ever before. Her knees were so weak, he had to hold her up. He laughed and so did she.

Finally they parted. She gasped, and said, “Do you take lessons on kissing?”

He chuckled softly. “No. You should go now. I still have to get back to my common room.” She nodded, and gave him a swift kiss.

He watched her go, and whispered to himself, “Until tomorrow, then,” and touched his lips.

Meanwhile, from his dormitory window, Harry Potter watched as Malfoy walked back to the castle. Harry frowned. Who was that girl?, he wondered.

(A/N: Sorry I couldn’t think of a chapter title “ totally blanked. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks. Please review!!!)