Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Reluctant Ally by TotalLunacy81

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I'm so sorry about the long wait for the second chapter. This chapter is approximately half the length of the first, but I hope you like it. I'm currently working on the third. DISCLAIMER: Harry Potter is not mine, but is J.K. Rowling's creation.
“Hello Harry,” said Aunt Petunia.

At the moment so many things were occupying his mind that all he could muster up to say was a simple “hello” in return. Harry did notice that his aunt seemed a bit more fearful than the last time he had seen her. He knew it was not because she was surrounded by a group of wizards. She feared something that was beyond her control. His train of thought was broken when his Aunt Petunia spoke.

“Don’t just stand there boy, do something. For example, introduce me to your friends and make it quick. We have loads to discuss when we arrive back home,” Petunia demanded.

“Where’s Uncle Ver…home? What home?” yelled Harry. That caught everyone‘s attention, muggles included. “I hope you don’t mean Number Four, Privet Drive. As far as I know, it was never my home. Hogwarts and the Burrow are my home. Good thing I only have to stay there until I turn seventeen.”

“Fine by me. Since you don’t want to introduce me to your friends, can we please hurry it along,” responded Aunt Petunia. She knew that she would get more of this when she finally told Harry all she knows.

“Harry, don‘t you think you should introduce us to her? Don’t be mean to her. HARRY…,” said Ginny while tugging on his shirt to get his attention. Ginny was beginning to get frustrated. “Do you even hear me?”

He was so angry at the moment that he didn’t hear what Ginny was saying, but turned to her and screamed, “For Merlin sakes. What do you want?”

“Excuse me, but don’t get nasty with me. Especially after what happened between us yesterday. I’d like to think that you would have more respect for your former girlfriend,” retorted Ginny. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she said, “I don’t need this, Harry. Goodbye.”

With that said, the girl that he loved so much walked away. Hermione gave him such a look of disapproval. Without a word to the boys, she followed suit and walked away. Hermione was now standing a few feet away with her parents, Ginny, and the Weasleys too. Minus Percy of course. Harry was left there dumbfounded. He was on his way to apologize to Ginny, when Ron stepped in front of him and calmly said, “Hey mate, there was no need for that. Your anger got the best of you. You know what you must do the next time you see my sister?”

“I know,” Harry replied. “I’m sorry Ron.”

“Well, I better catch up to those two. I’ll see you in about a month and a half. I hope the muggles feed you well, Harry. Well, see you later,” said Ron.

A moment later, Harry heard a muggle whisper to another, “Poor boy looks like he’s just been through a lot. His mother should have been a little nicer to him.”

“That isn’t his mother and it‘s very rude of you to be nosy,” Luna stated frankly.

“Thanks Luna.”

“Sure thing Harry. Have a good holiday.”

“You too Luna.”

“Are you done now?” questioned Aunt Petunia.

“Yes,” answered Harry.

“Okay, lets go. The cab has been waiting for us for quite some time.”

Once in the cab Harry asked, “Aunt Petunia, where’s Uncle Vernon and Dudley?”

“Your uncle is still at work and Dudley’s at school.”

Although he knew his aunt was scared for some reason, he was surprised at how calmly she replied back. He then asked, “Oh, but how did you know to come to King’s Cross a day earlier?”

“An owl was sent this morning.”

“But I thought you hated when the owls would come to the house.”

“Yes I know, but this one was different. I just knew it was not for you since you were not home yet.”

“Who was it from?”

“Dear boy, you ask too many questions. If you must know, it was from your new headmistress Professor McGonagall. Harry, why don’t you relax the rest of the ride home.”

“I could sure use some relaxation,” Harry responded before he made himself comfortable for the ride back to Privet Drive.


Meanwhile back at King’s Cross, Ron was trying to tell Hermione something before they said goodbye. “Hermione, I wanted to tell you something,” Ron said with a hint of nervousness.

“Oh Ron, I’m sorry, but my parents are ready to leave now. Can it wait until Bill and Fleur’s wedding?” Hermione responded.

A hurt Ron replied, “Sure, I suppose so.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing. Are you coming to their wedding alone?” asked Ron.

“No. I…I’ve asked an old friend to come with me.” I can feel my face start to flush. Oh dear, Ron’s gonna hate me for that, but who cares. I’m a big girl now. I can go with anyone I want to. Anyways, it’s my decision. Maybe he won’t figure out that I mean Viktor Krum, thought Hermione.

“You mean that you’re coming with Krum.”

Her temper was on the rise, but as calmly as she could she said, “ And what if I am?”

“Come on Hermione, you know how I feel about him.”

“Yes, I do seem to remember. You thought Krum only wanted me for one thing.”

“You know he did,” Ron fired back.

“He might’ve Ron, but you seem to forget that we were never a couple. Viktor and me, that is.”

“Oh well, you know that I still don’t trust him.”

“Yes Ronald, I know and now is not the time to argue with one another about this. Please, I’m here with my parents. I don’t want them to…”

“Hermione dear, say goodbye. It’s time to go,” spoke Hermione’s mum.

“Yes mum. I haven’t said my goodbyes to Ron and Ginny.”

“Okay dear.”

Hermione turned back around to face Ron and Ginny, but was only staring at Ron. She looked a bit flustered Ron thought, but he had to snap her back to reality. Ron reminded her where she left off, “You don’t want them to what, Hermione.”

“Oh! Umm, I don’t want them to dislike you before they get the chance to really meet you.” Hermione continued, “ I have to go Ron. Write to me until I arrive for Bill’s wedding.”

“Okay, but what do you mean by…”

“Ron, I must really go now. Ginny, please write to me too. Well, I have to go. Bye Ron and Ginny.”

“Bye Hermione,” Ron and Ginny said in unison.

After Ron and Ginny said their goodbyes to her, Hermione wondered if he got the little hint that she wants to introduce him as not Ron, her best friend, but Ron, her boyfriend. To herself she said, I’m asking to for too much. It doesn’t hurt to hope.

Once Hermione was gone, Ron turned to Ginny and asked, “What did Hermione mean by that comment about her parents disliking me before they really get to know me?”

Ginny’s mind was elsewhere, but she simply sighed before saying, “I know what she meant, but I’m not at liberty to spill the beans. Believe me Ron, you’ll need the next few days to think it through for yourself.”

“Oh,” Ron stated sadly. “Then I guess we can leave now.”