Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ron's Point Of View by Invaderk

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Heh, well, Like the summary says... This is one of my favorites. If you want the place where you can see all my works and junk, go to my profile or message me personally.
Happy Reading!
Disclaimer: I own nothing... especially not Harry Potter
I guess you could say I was a little jealous, the way she ran to him when she was upset. The way she gave him the kiss in our fourth year. The way she could hug him while only giving me, what? A handshake. She never seemed to notice how my eyes followed her every move, or the way I attempted to flirt with her. She was amazing in every way.

She was smart, brilliant, trustworthy, and noble – not to mention a little cocky at times, but I didn’t mind. It was worth it just to see her smile when I did something stupid, or when I did something ‘sweet’ in her eyes. It was worth it just to see her at peace when she read in front of the fire on cold nights, wrapped up in a blanket, her feet tucked beneath her. I would watch her hungrily, never telling a soul how I felt. I was Ron Weasley, and she was something totally different. I was nervous, my grades weren’t anything special, and I swore a lot – she was cool, confident, and just damn brilliant.

I didn’t know what love felt like, so I couldn’t say that I was in love. I figured when I was in love, I would know it, wouldn’t I? I knew I didn’t have love with Lavender – for the most part, she annoyed the hell out of me; nothing more than a distraction from what I was trying to avoid. It’s not about kissing and touching or even having sex; it’s about her and me. I was just afraid it would never be the way I imagined. I didn’t realize it at the time, but I was falling – and fast, at that.

I suppose you could say that it started in our fifth year – the love part, anyway; I think I’d liked her already. Before Harry arrived at Sirius’ place, we would be stuck together for hours on end with nothing to do but enjoy each other’s presence. We would clean together, and she would talk on end about random things: books, school, Harry, books, the Order, books… I wasn’t really listening half the time. Mostly I was just staring and making comments such as, ‘yeah’ or ‘uh huh’. The other half of the time, I would get into real conversations with her, and we would actually bond. It was kind of strange at first, but then it came naturally.
I remember one time we were cleaning in a rather disgusting room, and tripped over a huge book – I caught her. She smiled at me, and I melted. All I could do was stutter, and I felt pretty stupid. From then on, things sort of changed. She’d touch my arm, and I’d tingle all over. Sometimes I’d get the chills, and I think she noticed. One time, I think she might have touched my butt, but I acted like I didn’t notice.

I thought that I would die when I held her in my arms for the first time – at the funeral. I was sad, I was crying, actually, but holding her was important to me. After that, things were different. I remember everything – it all seems to play in slow motion. I couldn’t ever tell her how I felt; I was afraid of rejection, like I was afraid of spiders. No, never mind, I’m not afraid of spiders – I just don’t like them. Anyway, I couldn’t tell her how I felt, because love is a strong word, and I curse under my breath as I picture myself saying it; it just sounds so lame. Not like Ron at all.

I watch her now, at the reception of Fleur and Bill’s wedding. She’s standing there, looking like she’s got something on her mind, and George approaches her. I can’t hear them – I’m too far away, but I can see as he hold out his hand, she giggles and takes it. They begin to dance in a lively manner, and I feel blood rush to my face. Harry asks me why I’m scowling, but I just grumble about eating too much cake. Harry tells me I should ask her to dance, and I give him an awkward look. He tells me it’s my choice, and then gets up to ask Ginny to dance. I know he’s right – maybe I’ll do it later, when she’s by herself.

George has just parted ways with her, and I am shaking. I want to tell her how much I care, but I can’t just walk up to her and tell her. However, I suppose asking her to dance is the right thing to do; after all, I owe her a dance or two. I get out of my chair and stumble slightly, my ears going red. I regain my composure and casually walk over to the punchbowl, pick up the ladle – no, I put it down again and shake my head. I can feel her eyes on my neck, and it sends a strange chill down my back. I look up and see her chatting with Harry and Ginny, but as Harry catches my eye, he pulls Ginny away and Hermione is alone again.

I am walking over to Hermione, and she sees me. I feel my face go scarlet as I ask her to dance, and he blushes.
Then, to my surprise, she agrees.

I’m not much of a dancer; I step on her foot and she winces. I apologize, she tells me not to worry about it. I think of all the things I want to say; about my love for her, about how badly I wanted her – instead, I talk about small things, like Harry, or Fleur and Bill. She talks back, and I like to hear her voice. I am just one big chill; her hand is on my shoulder, and my hand is on her waist. We’ve never been in such close contact before. Our other hands are entwined together, and I know my palms are sweaty.

I want to say something, something smart, but all I can manage is to compliment her dress. She blushes again, her chocolate eyes on mine. I can’t stand it anymore. Our faces are close, our foreheads are together; eyes upon each other. I tuck a loose strand of hair that has escaped from her bun behind her ear – a mere procrastination. I utter the words I want to speak the most very quietly, almost a whisper. Ashamed, I close my eyes, and prepare for the worst. To my surprise, I feel soft lips upon my own, I hear the reply I dreamed about coming from the mouth that had been on mine merely seconds before. I open my eyes and gape for a moment, unsure if I had heard correctly.

She giggles as I curse in disbelief, then as I apologize for cursing, and I can’t help but smile. I kiss her, passionately, lovingly, with every emotion I have felt for her over the years, and she kisses me back.

And suddenly, without warning, I feel those sparks that I had wondered about before, felt the touch from the bookworm that I – Ronald Weasley – love with all of my soul. She tells me again, and we are wrapped in our own world, not even noticing the stares of the people, my mother smiling broadly, Harry clapping; my head is too full of a six year-built proclamation.

I love you.


I love you.



I love you.