Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Final Journey by Arthur Weasley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The sky overhead was clear and sunny, beckoning children to come out and bask in its rays. A horrible reflection of the true state of the world, whether people knew it or not, thought a teenager sitting outside number four Privet Drive. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The world was a bleak and cold place where murderers can run rampant and loved ones can die in a flash. True justice was rarely delivered when deserved. And so, the journey began...

Harry Potter sat outside staring at the sky, contemplating the events that had transpired since he joined Hogwarts. He had fought Lord Voldemort four times now, only to escape by sheer luck but not without losing those dear to him. Harry could still remember his horrific nightmares from the previous summer of Wormtail crying the two terrible words that wiped life from Cedric Diggory. Sirius Black, the closest person Harry could call a relative, had also been mercilessly attacked by Bellatrix Lestrange and lost his life in the Department of Mysteries. And most recently, the tragedy still fresh in his mind, Albus Dumbledore, the greatest Headmaster in the history of Hogwarts, was now dead. Everything until now had been a build-up factor towards one ultimate goal: the destruction of Lord Voldemort once and for all. But Harry now had two clear goals in mind: Voldemort…and Snape.

“SNAPE!” Harry yelled loudly to the empty silence of the street around him. He didn’t care who heard him. Hatred welled up inside him as he bitterly thought about his former Potions Master who had relentlessly tormented him for the past six years. And finally, to add insult to injury, Severus Snape took the life of Dumbledore. Harry no longer had dreams of a dark graveyard and a flash of green light crumpling his Triwizard friend, but instead of his only mentor being struck down, tumbling out of the Astronomy tower.

Hogwarts…the place seemed so distant now. Once he had called the castle his home. But there was no Hogwarts without Dumbledore, and Harry now had no home, especially not Privet Drive. He returned only because Dumbledore had requested it the summer before. A final request granted, but Harry could not grant everything. No matter what Dumbledore said, he would never forgive Snape. Harry knew that Voldemort would have to be top priority, far more dangerous, and truly the one who finally killed his parents. But Snape was a close second.

…Hours later, Harry sat in his room anxiously watching the time. He smirked to himself as he remembered the first time that he had watched a clock ticking away towards this one date. Six years before, he had sat in a broken down old shack, about to turn eleven, and his entire world changed. Hagrid the half-giant rescued him from his dismal life with the Dursleys. Hagrid…Harry would surely miss him, and all that he had done for him. But now, Harry was about to take care of business himself. The clock chimed twelve. It was now July 31. The moment Harry had been waiting for all summer was here at last.

Accio trunk!” he cried as he raised his wand. A loud commotion was heard as Harry’s trunk burst out of the cupboard downstairs and landed beside him. “Scourgify!” he yelled as he swept clean Hedwig’s cage. Piling his belongings together, he began to descend the stairs, unsurprised by the unpleasantness awaiting him.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY IT, BOY?!” Uncle Vernon cried as his face purpled. Dudley was crouched in the corner, clearly terrified by his cousin’s use of magic. Aunt Petunia looked strangely calm.

“I’m done here. I’m leaving,” Harry responded with no trace of emotion.

“You’re not allowed to do magic, boy! You’ll be in trouble now! Put that nonsense back in the cupboard and go back to your room!” Harry shot a clearly malevolent grin back at his uncle.

“I’m of age. I’m allowed to do magic. I’m leaving. I’m not letting you lock me in a room, keep me under a cupboard, keep my past away from me, or anything else anymore. I’m leaving. Get out of my way,” Harry calmly retaliated as he pointed his wand at Uncle Vernon, who seemed beside himself. Harry could see his mind straining trying to decide what to do. On the one hand, he was losing his nephew finally, but Vernon Dursley never liked not having control of any situation. Seconds passed in a tense silence…and finally he stepped aside. Harry trudged forward dragging his trunk and Hedwig’s cage.

“Good-bye Harry…and good luck,” Petunia said to him softly as he reached the door. Harry turned around, completely in shock. He considered her for a second and then quietly uttered thanks. Not wanting to delay his exit at all, however, he continued outside and stood on the sidewalk, taking in his surroundings.

“So, this is it,” he said to the night. Harry prepared to thrust his wand out to once more call the Knight Bus, when a loud CRACK rang through the silence. Whirling around prepared to strike, Harry was completely surprised by the sight before him: none other than his two best friends, Ron and Hermione.

“Happy birthday, Harry!” Hermione said as she rushed up and hugged him.

“Happy birthday, mate,” Ron said, patting him on the back.

“What are you doing here?” Harry said incredulously.

“You didn’t think we’d miss this, did you, Harry?” Hermione said.

“Yeah, we’ve got the most evil wizard of all time to destroy,” Ron said, as if things of this nature occurred every day. “So let’s get out there and smash some Horcruxes.”

“I know you can’t Apparate legally just yet Harry, so grab my arm. I’ve been practicing,” Hermione said as she extended her hand.

Harry reached out and ran them through his mind once more…the cup, the locket, the snake, something of Gryffindor or Ravenclaw’s…CRACK!