Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Final Journey by Arthur Weasley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
As the feeling of iron bands left him, Harry saw the Burrow come into focus. This place had been more of a home to him than anywhere else, except perhaps Hogwarts. Mrs. Weasley was the closest thing he had ever known to a mother. But it was not her that he came to see. Harry walked towards the door when he heard a rush of air behind him and what he thought to be a broom touch down. When he turned around he was scarcely able to look at the source of sound when he was enveloped in a tight hug.

“Harry!” Ginny cried out.

“Hi, Ginny. Out flying?”

“Yeah…I, uh, didn’t like being cooped up in there.” She pointed to the house. Harry noticed, despite her happiness, that her eyes were red and puffy. “What are you doing here?” she asked incredulously.

“I needed to see you. Can we go inside? I want to talk.”

“Of course. Are you all right?”

“Let’s just talk.” They crossed through the door.

“Back already, Ginny? What---Harry!” Mrs. Weasley rushed over and also caught him in a tight embrace. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh, I just fancied a visit.”

“Ron and Hermione left to find you, did you see them? Are they all right?”

“Yes, they’re fine. I just left them. No offense, Mrs. Weasley, but I really need to talk to Ginny.”

“Oh, well, all right.” Mrs. Weasley left them, although there was a faint glimmer of hurt showing in her face. Harry and Ginny proceeded up the stairs to her room.

“What happened? You look upset, Harry.”

“Voldemort just attacked. In a way that only you would be familiar with.”

“He what?! Harry, what did he do?” Ginny gasped.

“Do you remember when he used you to draw me out? Almost killed you just to get to me?”

Ginny looked slightly apprehensive at this question, but answered nonetheless, “Yes, but I don’t see what this has to do with---“

Harry interrupted her, “Did Ron and Hermione tell you where we were going?”

“Yes, Godric’s Hollow, to go see your par---Oh no.” Comprehension finally dawning upon her, Ginny trailed off. “Did he---“

Slowly, Harry let the truth out. “He turned them into Inferi. They tried to kill us.”

“Oh Harry…” She walked over and hugged him. “That’s too horrible to even think about!”

“I had to see you. You were the only one that I know would understand. Voldemort used you in the same way. The only difference is that at least I still have you.” Harry knew what he had to do know, but getting it out was difficult. “Ginny, I ended things before because I didn’t want you to get hurt. I can’t bear the thought that because of me something might happen to you. But I realize now that we’re all in this together. None of us is going to be here much longer until Voldemort is gone. And I need all of you with me to get it done, especially you.” They stared at each other for a moment, and then kissed.

“Glad to have you back, Harry.” Ginny started crying again, but Harry could tell that sadness was not behind the tears.

“So, does this mean we’re setting off again?” Ron asked. Harry and Ginny both looked to the doorway where Ron was standing, grinning.

“Ron, honestly, don’t interrupt!” Hermione also came up behind him. “Sorry, Harry, Ginny.”

“Never could hide anything from you two, could I?” Harry replied. “It’s all right, everything’s fine. At least, it will be. And yes, Ron, we’re setting off. Hermione, I have an idea. Do you still have your DA Galleon?” Hermione rummaged in her pocket and procured the artifact. “Good. Use it.”

“Harry, what good is that going to do?” Hermione objected.

“I’m sure Neville still has his coin on him and that he will want to help. Just try it, please.”

“But, Harry, he won’t know where to find us. We were always at Hogwarts when we used the coins.”

“Then Hogwarts is where we’re going.”

“Harry, are you sure you want another person along? Anyone of us could get hurt, or worse…”

“And you think that any of us is safer anywhere else? Neville has every reason to go with us, just look at what happened to his parents. Don’t forget that he helped us in the Ministry and the night that Dumbledore died. He deserves this chance.” Harry stared at her with such fierceness that she saw no feasible way to object. All argument having been resolved, the four Disapparated, with Harry holding Ginny.

CRACK! “All right, Harry, here goes.” Hermione pulled out her wand and tapped the coin, which glowed briefly and then faded. “There’s no guarantee that this will work. Like I said, Neville doesn’t know where we’re at, and we can’t be sure that he still has it on him.” No sooner had she spoken these words when another loud crack rang out through the air. Everyone turned around to see Neville standing behind them, who in fact was not alone. Luna Lovegood was clutching his arm, looking as dreamy as ever with her necklace of butterbeer corks and wand behind her ear.

“Hello everyone…” Luna spoke in her airy voice, taking in her surroundings as if nothing could be more fascinating.

“Hi, all!” Neville said happily. “What’s going on? I felt my coin get hot and figured you would probably be here of all places.”

Harry smiled and replied, “Spot on, Neville. We’re all going to try to bring down Voldemort. I want you to come along.” Neville looked slightly pale at this request, but it was Luna that spoke next.

“What about me?” she inquired. Harry considered her for a moment. Voldemort may not have done any personal damage to her, but she had also come to their aid the night that Dumbledore was murdered and fought at the Ministry. And if he couldn’t depend on his closest friends now, then there was no sense in asking anyone.

“If you want in too, you’re welcome. This looks familiar, doesn’t it? We were all the ones that went into the Ministry a year ago. And we fought Death Eaters then. Looks like we might have some more of that in our near future. So, are we all in?” Harry looked around at the small group he had formed. Everyone nodded.

“You know, we truly are Dumbledore’s Army now, “Ginny said. “We’re fighting for him in a way. At first it was just a clever little name. But now…” She drew out her own Galleon. “This has so much more meaning.” Ron, Hermione, Harry, and Neville each drew out their coins to show their support for their former headmaster. Luna, however, was left to stand without the item.

“Where’s yours, Luna?” Ginny asked.

“I haven’t been able to find it since that one night when we fought the Death Eaters. It must have fallen out of my pocket,” she finished unhappily.

“Oh, that’s too bad. But at least you were with Neville and you can still be with us for this,” Ginny answered.

“Speaking of which, Luna, why were you with Neville just now?” Ron inquired. At this question, Neville started turning a deep shade of crimson.

“Um, well, we…uh…” Neville began to stammer.

“We’ve started going out,” Luna supplied for him.

“Really? Wow. That means that all of us…” Hermione began.

“Yeah…” finished Neville somewhat lamely.

“Are we ready then? I think it’s best that we head off,” Harry interjected.

“Where are we going anyway, Harry?” said Ron.

“Well, I have an idea. The problem is that it involves getting inside Hogwarts first. Probably not the easiest of feats to accomplish right now, but I have another idea for that one.” Harry thought for a moment and then pointed his wand skyward. “Expecto Patronum!” he shouted. A silver stag erupted from the end of his wand and sprinted towards the castle, out of sight into the interior.

“Harry, what are you---“ Hermione began.

“Tonks told me that the members of the Order are communicating with each other using their Patronuses. I’m not quite sure how it works, but I’m hoping that I sent that one to McGonagall and she’ll realize that it’s me out here,” Harry answered. The next few moments passed in silence. Each member of the DA was quietly gazing at their school, all uncertain if they would ever be able to learn there again. Soon, however, a figure came walking out of the doors and down the grounds to the gate.

“Potter? Weasley? Granger? What are you all doing here? Longbottom and Lovegood too?” McGonagall demanded of the group.

“Hi, Professor. I was wondering if you could let us in perhaps?” Harry said.

“Let you in? In the middle of summer? Why?” McGonagall again demanded.

“It’s essential to the defeat of Voldemort.” McGonagall winced slightly at the mention of the name but quickly regained her composure.

“Why do you need in here? What does Hogwarts have?”

“Please, Professor, I know it sounds odd, but if you want a world without Voldemort, then please unlock the gate,” Harry answered while staring intently at his transfiguration teacher. McGonagall hesitated for a moment, and then tapped the chains with her wand. They instantly snaked backward and unlocked. The gate opened and the DA stepped forward onto the grounds.