Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Cupid's Liquid Arrows by moonbeamfairy16

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hermione is visited by a Healer and is given a medicinal potion. oh my, are those guilty consciences Gred and Forge are harboring?
thanks everyone for the reviews! remember that i am not offended by honest reviews. just make sure it's appropriate!!
Chapter 5


Hermione had a restless night. She would sleep and hour, then wake up only to be sick. Even though the Weasley’s made her feel at home at the Burrow, she felt bad being sick. Hermione knew her manners, and she knew that as a guest she shouldn’t need special attention. But, being sick caused her to be in bed and made everyone worry.

At about two in the morning, Hermione woke up just as someone opened the bedroom door. She opened one eye and looked. It was Harry; he stuck his head in the
door, then started to leave.

“Harry?” Hermione called him. He came in and sat down on the edge of her bed. She propped herself against the head board. “Did you need something?”

“No, I was just checking on you,” Harry replied.

“Are you and Ron just now going to bed?” Hermione asked.

“Ron’s been asleep. Me and Ginny are just now going to bed,” he answered.

“Oh?” she said suggestively. But, she felt hurt.

“No, it’s not like that anymore. We were just talking,” Harry said honestly.

“About what?” Hermione questioned.

“You, actually. Um, Ginny knows about us,” Harry looked down at the comforter.

Hermione forced a blush to her cheeks. “Oh.”

“I can explain, though. She was really worried about you and she thought that whatever touched you in the lake was cursed. She was about to get Mr. Weasley to check out the lake. And, I had to tell her it was me. Then, she asked why you were crying on me if I was the one who scared you. So, I told her that we were kissing. But, I didn’t know why you hid it . . . why did you hide it?” Harry told.

“It’s hard to explain,” Hermione said. She was expecting this sooner or later.

“I’ve got time,” Harry said and laid on his side across Hermione’s bed.

Hermione sighed. “Well, over the summer the thought of you and me kissing would have been weird. But, when we were hanging out in Ron’s room that first day, I don’t know. I guess I saw you in a different light,” she said and pushed back her covers; she was feeling hot. Hermione had basically repeated what she said to Ron back to Harry. It seemed to be a good defense.

“The same goes for me. It was sudden, but I’m not complaining,” Harry replied.

“Oh, neither am I! It’s just so confusing,” she said while she played with the drawstrings of the pajama pants Ron let her borrow. He was right, they were warm.

“Hey, are those Ron’s?” Harry asked, noticing what she was wearing.

“Yeah, he said they’d keep me warm. He was right, I’m sweating,” she explained.

“So, you got in Ron’s pants?” he joked.

“Oh yes, and it feels good, too,” Hermione rolled her eyes and smiled.

She began to feel nauseated again. She sat up all the way.

“Are you OK?” Harry asked, his smile fading.

“No,” she squeaked out as tears came to her eyes. She was extremely embarrassed.

“Are you going to be sick?” he asked sitting up and moving closer. Concern covered his features.

“Yes,” Hermione looked away.

Harry stood up and helped Hermione out of her bed. He quietly led her to the bathroom. She was a bit wobbly, but they made it. He had her sit on the edge of the bath tub facing the toilet. He sat next to her and held her hand. Hermione fixed her pony tail with shaky hands. A few seconds later, she got sick. Harry kneeled next to her and rubbed her back like Ron did. When she finished, Harry handed her a face towel he found in the bathroom closet. Hermione washed her face and brushed her teeth.

“Harry, this is so embarrassing,” Hermione said to him.

“Don’t worry. It would have been worse if you puked on Ron. Wait, no that would be funny,” Harry laughed. “Anyways, there’s a Healer coming tomorrow and you’ll be better in no time,” he said comfortingly.

“I hope so. Can you help me back to my room?” she said as a tear fell.

“Yeah, babe. So, why are you so embarrassed?” he asked as they headed back to Hermione’s room.

“I feel like I’m being rude. An that I’m being a bother,” she told.

“You know that’s not true,” Harry told her.

“Maybe it’s not, but still...” she said.

“Hermione, you’re too nice for your own good,” he chuckled. They reached her room and he helped her get back into bed.

“Goodnight,” Harry said after he tucked her in. He leaned in and kissed her so lightly that his lips only grazed hers.

“Good night,” she smiled at him before he left. ‘Argh! I did it again!’ she thought as the door shut. Soon, she fell back to sleep.

******

“Hermione, dear. The Healer is here, wake up,” came Mrs. Weasley’s voice.

Hermione opened her eyes to see an older man of about sixty with salt and pepper hair, glasses, warm brown eyes, and wearing Healer robes standing with Mrs. Weasley.

“Hello Ms. Granger. I’m Healer Jacobs. Can you sit up please?” the man asked.

Hermione sat up and yawned. Harry, Ron, and Ginny were standing next to her bed watching Healer Jacobs. Healer Jacobs asked questions about what she did the last few days, then listened to her lungs, looked at her eyes, and down her throat.

“You have what we call the ‘Muggleborn’ sickness.’ it’s a flu like sickness common with Muggleborns. it’s caused by large amounts of magical substances being in the body. Your body most likely soaked up a lot of the magical lake’s water and then the magically prepared food probably was too much magic. Especially since you had just arrived from Muggle settings. This illness can only be caught by other Muggleborns or Half- bloods. But, it’s most common with Muggleborns, hence it’s nickname,” Healer Jacobs concluded. He waved his wand and a white potion vial appeared. “Take this once a day for a week and you will be fine in a couple of days.”

“Thank you,” Hermione grinned.

“No problem, Ms. Granger,” he said before he left.

“See there, Hermione? You’ll be better in no time,” Harry said.

“I’m happy now,” Hermione smiled.

“Do you think you can eat?” Ginny asked.

“The potion says ‘take with food’ so I guess she’ll have to,” Mrs. Weasley said. “Harry, can you help me prepare breakfast?”

“Sure,” Harry replied and left with her.

“I’m glad you’re feeling better,” Ginny said.

“Thanks, me too,” Hermione said.

“I’m going to see if Mum needs any more help,” Ginny made an excuse to leave.

“Did you hear what the Healer said? You’re not contagious,” Ron said.

“I am to other Muggleborns or half bloods,” Hermione corrected.

“Yeah, but I’m neither,” he smiled.

“And your point?” Hermione grinned,

Ron lunged at her and kissed her. She giggled through the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck. He deepened the kiss and at first he welcomed it, but then she pulled away.

“What’s wrong ‘Mione?” he asked her. He kissed her neck. Her skin tingled where he kissed.

“Nothing,” she lied.

“Are you going to be sick again?” he asked moving away a few inches.

“Not right now,” she replied.

“Then, what’s wrong?” he asked again.

“I don’t want to lead you on,” she said.

“You’re a bit late for that,” he chuckled and kissed her neck again.

“I know that’s why I stopped,” she sighed.

“What-“ Ron started, but was cut off because Fred and George entered the room. Ron quickly moved away from Hermione when he saw his brothers.

“Hey, Hermione. How are you feeling?” asked a nervous looking George.

“I’ll be fine thanks for asking,” she replied, confused by their concern.

“The Healer said you had the Muggleborn sickness. What is that?” Fred asked.

“Too much magic at once. That’s all,” she summarized.

“Can you tell us some of your symptoms?” Fred asked.

Hermione was curious why they were so interested but told them anyways.

“Do you happen to be allergic to fairy wings?” George asked when she finished. Fred rolled his eyes.

“Why?” Hermione and Ron both asked suspiciously.

“That’s what it sounds like. But, why would you have had fairy wings? And the Healer would have seen it, right? So, never mind,” George rambled. Fred shook
his head.

“No, I’m not allergic,” Hermione said slowly and watched Fred smack George in the back of the head.

“Thanks, that’s all we needed to know. Get well soon,” Fred said before he and George quickly left.

Hermione and Ron exchanged confused and suspicious looks before going down to breakfast.

******

“What did you guys need? I’m not testing a product,” Ginny said to George as Fred helped a customer.

“We... messed up,” George admitted as he got change ready at the cash register.

“George messed up,” Fred corrected.

“What did you do?” Ginny asked impatiently as
she sat on one of the stools set up at the counter.

“We made this potion,” George started to
explain.

“It’s a love potion,” Fred continued.

“Called Cupid’s Liquid Arrows.”

“George put it in Harry, Ron, and Hermione’s drinks.”

“You told me to.”

“Not both boys’ drinks!”

“Anyways, they don’t know,” George
continued as the customer left.

“Both boys think they are in love with Hermione.”

“And, Hermione’s in love with both boys.”

“We walked in on Hermione and Ron kissing today,” Fred shared.

“We feel terrible, because they only feel this way because of the potion,” George said, ashamed.

“Stop!” Ginny yelled.

“Sorry,” the twins apologized together.

“I know about most of this. Well, I didn’t know it was YOUR fault all three of them are... well, lustful. Why didn’t you think of this before you did it? Why did you put it in all three drinks? Did you test it?” Ginny ranted.

“We did think of the effects. We know the effects. George put it in all three drinks, not me. I already yelled at him for it,” Fred sighed.

“I didn’t know if Hermione and a boy would get a potioned drink,” George said, irritated.

“Whatever. Did you test it?” Ginny asked, just
as irritated.

“Yeah, loads of times. Back when it was only inducing lust, we tested it on these girls at... never mind. Anyways, we did test it,” Fred stopped himself.

“Did it work?” Ginny asked, only half wanting the answer.

“Um. Yes, fairly well,” Fred said uncomfortably.

Ginny sighed. “Do you have an antidote?”

“Not just yet,” George replied. “But, we’re working on it.”

“Are you going to tell Harry, Ron, and Hermione?” Ginny questioned.

“We weren’t planning on it,” Fred said.

“Please. You don’t have to listen to all three of them go on and on about their raging hormones,” Ginny begged.

“Sorry, it wasn’t supposed to affect you. We just wanted to see the potion in action,” George explained.

“According to Fred, you two have seen enough action from that damned potion,” Ginny said, annoyed.

“We had to test it,” Fred defended and blushed just as brightly as his twin.

“Right,” she said, unconvinced.

“We’ll tell them if it makes you happy,” George
sighed and leaned across the store counter.

“Yes, it makes me happy,” Ginny grinned.

******