Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Cupid's Liquid Arrows by moonbeamfairy16

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: The truth finally comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The title is enough information . . . lol. If anyone has opinions on how to better present the "truth," contact me and let me know. Thanks for the revews and comments!
Chapter 6

“Ginny said that you two needed me. What’s up?” Harry said as he stepped into the shop.

“Yeah, uh, give us a minute,” George said as the last customer paid and then left. Fred flipped the “Open” sign to “Closed.”

They went to the apartment above the shop. Fred waved his wand and a few Firewhiskeys appeared on the small kitchen table. They each took one.

“Have a seat, Harry,” George said. They all sat at the new wooden table.

“Here’s the thing. We messed up big time,” Fred said.

“We put a new potion of ours into your drink along with Hermione and Ron’s when we visited last,” George confessed and picked at the label on his bottle.

Harry stared at the identical twins blankly.

“It’s called Cupid’s Liquid Arrows, and it’s a love potion,” Fred explained.

“I love Hermione,” Harry stated.

“Yes, but only because of that potion,” George told.

“No, I feel that love in my heart. Not like a potion,” Harry said.

“No, Harry, you don’t see. You don’t really LOVE her. It’s the potion,” Fred said.

“I don’t believe you. Ron doesn’t love Hermione and Hermione doesn’t love Ron. You’re lying about the potion,” Harry said a little louder.

“We’re working on the antidote now. We haven’t figured it out yet. And, yes, Hermione and Ron think they love each other,” George told. Fred winced.

“I’ll kill him,” Harry growled, slamming his Firewhiskey on the table and standing up.

“Good job, Fred. Give him alcohol before we tell him the girl he loves also loves his best friend,” George said sarcastically.

Harry stormed out of the apartment and down to the shop. He was closely followed by Fred and George.

“Harry, he doesn’t know about you and Hermione. Only Ginny and we know about both relationships, besides Hermione,” George said.

“What does she feel?” Harry asked irritably.

“She thinks she loves both of you,” Fred replied.

“That slut!” Harry yelled. “What has she done with Ron? She was wearing his pajamas last night!”

“We don’t know that. We can ask her, but I doubt she’d tell us,” George said carefully.

“You can’t talk to them about this yet; we’ll tell them. Just remember that the potion makes you love Hermione, not your own heart,” Fred explained again.

“I wont talk to them about it,” Harry sighed.

“Thanks. And, we’re sorry,” George apologized.

“It’s alright. I guess I understand,” Harry accepted the apology. There was a silence before Harry grinned and spoke again. “So, what else are you working on?”

“Well, a friend of ours was telling us about how he was a great cook. He claimed that his cooking was orgasmic. That comment inspired us to make a new candy,” George told excitedly.

Harry laughed.

******

“Being sick definitely had it’s good sides,” Hermione said to Ginny in the kitchen.

“What would those be?” Ginny wondered.

Hermione looked out the window to make sure Mrs. Weasley and Ron were still busy working in the garden. “Well, it’s given me the chance to see the more kind and nurturing sides of the boys,” she giggled.

“They have those?” Ginny joked. “Anyways, who won?”

“I think Ron. He was unbelievably sweet to me. Even when I was throwing up in his bed,” Hermione answered.

“That’s so strange. Are we talking about the same Ron?” Ginny laughed.

“I was thinking the same thing. It was so unlike him to be so . . . comforting, I guess. I was going to say ‘big- brother- like’ but it was a bit more than sibling love,” Hermione smiled.

“Yeah, about that ‘love’ feeling . . .” Ginny said nervously.

“Hey you two,” Harry said coming into the room. He gave Ginny a “don’t- you- dare” look. Signaling that he heard her about to tell Hermione about the potion.

“Hey, Harry,” the girls replied in unison.

Harry walked to Hermione and gave her a quick kiss before he sat down at the table. There was a loud crashing outside.

“WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON?!” Ron’s voice bellowed. A few seconds later a red faced Ron stormed in the back door.

“Shit,” Hermione, Ginny, and Harry muttered.

“Ron, there’s something I need to tell you,” Harry said, standing slowly. He knew he wasn’t supposed to tell anyone about the potion, but now looked like a desperate time.

“Yeah, I see that. You’re kissing the girl I love! And, she loves me!” Ron yelled back furiously.

“Hermione doesn’t love you,” Harry said as calmly as possible.

“How would you know? You’re not her! Hermione, you love me right?” Ron screamed at Harry then said more calmly to Hermione.

Hermione’s eyes were wide with fear of losing a best friend. She opened her mouth a couple of times, but couldn’t speak.

“Don’t you love me?” Ron said stepping closer to her. She looked into his blue eyes; they were sparkling with fear, nervousness, and desperation.

“I- I - I don’t know! I love you both! What’s wrong with me?” Hermione finally spoke, tears welled up in her eyes.

Ron turned from Hermione and whipped out his wand. He pointed it at Harry. Harry still felt love for Hermione, so he thought that taking out his own wand was necessary. Even though he knew about the potion.

“I heard shouting; what’s going on?” Bill said as he appeared in the door way after coming from the living room. Harry and Ron were circling each other, their wands pointed at the other’s heart. Bill quickly disarmed them both.

“Stop! Harry, Ron, stop!” Hermione and Ginny were shouting.

Noticing that they were now wandless, the boys stopped circling each other and began to throw punches. A punch from Ron struck Harry across the jaw. Hermione screamed. Harry lunged at Ron and pushed him against the wall. He punched Ron below his left eye.

“We’re down to this know?” Bill muttered as he pulled Harry away from Ron by the back of his shirt. Ron lunged at Harry again. “Hermione, Ginny, please help,” Bill said, stepping Harry and himself away from Ron’s violent attempts.

Hermione and Ginny grabbed both of Ron’s arms to hold him back. Bill threw Harry into one of the kitchen chairs. He used his wand to bind Harry to the chair with ropes, and then did the same to Ron.

“Now, explain what the hell is going on?” Bill demanded angrily.

“I’ve been with Hermione for a couple of days and I look through the window and see Harry kiss her!” Ron said through clenched teeth as he struggled against the tight ropes.

“There’s a perfect explanation,” Harry said, also struggling in his seat.

“If you want, I can explain,” Ginny said to Bill.

Bill nodded and stepped back.

“Ron, Hermione doesn’t love you, and you
don’t love Hermione,” Ginny said and held up her hand to silence both Hermione and Ron’s protests. “Harry, you don’t love Hermione, and Hermione you don’t love Harry.”

Harry nodded, he knew the story. Hermione sent him a hurtful glare.

“Fred and George created a new potion called Cupid’s Liquid Arrows. It’s a love potion they were testing. They didn’t ask you because they were told not to bother anyone into testing their products. Technically, they did as they were told; they never asked. Anyways, George made a mistake by putting the potion in all three drinks. Remember, the butterbeer the first night Harry and Hermione were here?” Ginny explained. “When Hermione got sick, they panicked and thought that their potion made her sick. That’s why they told me and then Harry. They were going to tell you two, but apparently there is no need now.”

“Oh my goodness,” Hermione said quietly.

Ron just stared at Ginny, a shocked and betrayed look on his face.

“The potion obviously still has it’s flaws because it’s only supposed to make the drinker fall in love with the first person of the opposite sex that they see. Considering Hermione thinks she loves both of you,” Ginny said.

“I took at least two sips. I remember, because I thought about how thirsty I was later that night, and how stupid I was for only drinking a little. And, I think I looked at Harry and Ron because they were talking,” Hermione said, her eyes narrowed in thought.

Ron sighed. “It’s so hard to believe you. It doesn’t feel like the love is potion induced.”

“Tell me about it. Try suddenly loving your two best friends,” Hermione chuckled.

“More like lusting,” Ginny laughed.

“Hey,” Hermione smiled.

“See, we’re all better now,” Bill said and waved his wand to get rid of the ropes.

“Sorry, mate,” Ron apologized to Harry.

“It’s alright. And, I’m sorry, too,” Harry replied.

Harry and Ron were bleeding a little from their fist fight. Bill healed their cuts as they apologized.

“Thanks, Ginny,” Hermione said.

“No problem. But, we still have to wait for an antidote,” Ginny replied.

“An antidote?” Ron asked.

“Yeah, you don’t want to be stuck like this, do you?” Ginny giggled.

Ron shrugged sheepishly in response.

******