Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

What a Malfoy will do for Love... by Silver Phoenix 64

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Cadmus Malfoy ran through the forest as fast as he could. His lungs felt like they were going to burst, but he couldn’t stop. He had to find a place to get rid of his creation until later. Cadmus could feel the tree braches whip and tear his face; the bushes rip and catch his cloak.



Eventually, Cadmus stopped and doubled over, trying to catch his breath. Over his ragged breathes, he could hear the villagers in the distance. He had about ten minutes before they caught up to him. He looked up and pulled his long, blond hair out of his face. He saw that he was at the small pond he had often liked to visit in his time at Gnarlwoods. The glistening pond reflecting the moonlight forced Cadmus’s mind into reverse to that morning…



~





“Cadmus, I don’t understand why you have to have me?” A pretty, young, brunette girl said.



“Because you are the perfect bride for me; because you would make me extremely happy. That’s why I’m asking you to marry me, Elvina!” Cadmus said as he held the beautiful ring before her.



“This marriage may make you happy, but it won’t make me…I’m sorry, Cadmus, but my answers no…” Elvina replied stubbornly. Cadmus remained on his knee a minute longer.

“What do you mean…‘no’?” Cadmus said the word like it was new to him.



“It means that I won’t marry you,” Elvina said as she shook her long, dark hair out of her face.



“Nobody says no to a Malfoy, Elvina. You should have learned that be now…” Cadmus said threateningly as he stood up.



“Well, that’s strange, because it appears I just did…” Elvina sounded far away as the memory began to fade.





~





Cadmus started sprinting immediately in some unknown direction. The whipping and lashing of his body began again as he struggled through the forest. Every tree seemed to be alive; seemed to want to hold him back; to make him pay for what he had done.



Cadmus clenched the small crystal ball in his hand harder and ran faster. He seemed to have some sort of beastly, primitive strength that kept him from tiring out this time. Cadmus’s foot hit a rock and he fell to the ground. He staggered to his feet and stopped to listen.



His breathing had stopped as he held his breathe, and he could clearly hear the barking of dogs and the yelping of men. A small, twisted smile appeared on his face as flashes and ideas of torture and pain crossed his mind. One of them opened up and took hold of his weak mind…





~





“I can’t believe she said no to me…to me! Cadmus Malfoy, heir to the Malfoy inheritance! She obviously doesn’t know who she is dealing with,” Cadmus rambled to himself as he looked through his things and threw the objects that were obviously not what he was looking for. Finally his hand clasped on a small glass orb filled with what looked like blue smoke. He got a crazy glint in his eye as he stared at it for many seconds.



Some kids outside yelling brought him to his senses. It was almost dark. Almost time to make his move. Cadmus shuffled over to the window and watched the village as the sun went down.



Long after the sun had diminished, Cadmus still stood there, watching the village. Nothing moved. Finally, Cadmus decided it was time to strike. He walked to the door, down the stairs, and out onto the street. He slid into the shadows until he found himself at the house he had just been at previously that day.



Knowing that no one locked their doors in this small village, he slunk to the back of the house and opened the back door. There were no lights on, and nothing made a sound. He stalked through the house not making a sound until he finally found his way up stairs.



Cadmus opened the first door he came to, pulling out his wand before hand. He looked in and spotted a tuff of gray hair under the covers. A malicious glint in his eye and his brows furrowed, he walked up right next to the bed, not caring whether he was heard or not.



The fluff of gray hair snored and then started. A head popped out of the covers and two eyes fluttered open. The sleepy look in them changed to one of pure terror. When he realized who was standing over him, the terror in his eyes turned into fright and confusion.



“Ca-Cadmus? Wha-What are you doing here this la-“He never finished his sentence.



Cadmus has uttered a soft, “Avada Kadavra,” and a green spell flew out of the wand that was pointed at the old man’s head. It landed on the old man’s shocked face. The effect was immediate: his face was frozen with that shocked look, but his body un-tensed and relaxed. Cadmus smiled wickedly before heading back out the door.



He walked down the hall and opened the next door quietly; empty. The last door in the hall was opened quieter and slower then all the rest. Upon seeing her sleeping body, Cadmus swept to the window and looked out. Time seemed to stand still. Until…



“Cadmus, what are you doing here?!?!” Cadmus didn’t answer. He just swung around with his hand holding the orb which was pointing at Elvina.



“Volez le Choix!” he yelled. The blue smoke shot out of the orb and caught Elvina before she could scream. It engulfed her and then sat where it was for a second or two. Then it came back to the orb, but this time it was pink. Cadmus looked down at the orb and said, “The power to make anyone obedient to me, sitting in the palm of my hand…” Then he flashed his famous sinister smile before looking at Elvina, who had dropped her bed sheets to reveal her blue nightgown.



“Apparate to my estate,” he ordered.



“Yes, darling,” she said in a strangely sweet tone and an endearing look in her eyes. She then got out of bed and turned on the spot, before she vanished. Cadmus’s smile faded. He heard something outside the door, and quickly swung his wand around. But he was too late. He was hit with some kind of spell that knocked him off his feet.



“There, now, at least, you can’t Apparate away. What did you do with them!?!?” an old wizard said from the doorway. Lucky for Cadmus, his reactions weren’t as great as they used to be. He was dead before he hit the ground. Cadmus cursed before he raced out of the house. He felt the cool night air hit his face, and he stopped to indulged in the sweet fragrant of the night.



Then he saw the lights in the windows, and he raced into the forest…





~





Cadmus was racing through the forest again, not even feeling the branches and bushes now. But this time he wasn’t running randomly; he had found a light.



He finally ran into a small clearing that had a fire and a small tent set up in the middle. A young man with dark hair was sitting by the fire. “Good to see you, Mr. Malfoy…” the man said quietly.



“Borgin, I need you to do something for me…”



“Of course, Master Malfoy,” Borgin said with a twisted smile on his face that said money.



“Don’t give me that crap, Borgin, you’ll be paid well. All I want is for you to hold onto this for a while…” Camus said while holding up the orb.



“Where’d you get it?”



“I made it, Borgin. Would you expect anything less from me?” Cadmus said coldly.



“What is it?” Borgin said while reaching out for the orb lovingly.



“Volez Rubis…that’s what I call it, anyways…”



“What does it do?” Borgin asked as he held it lightly in his hand. A dog barked off in the distance. Cadmus’s head turned around quickly and then came back to Borgin.



“If I told you what it does, then you’d use it. I don’t want you to use it. Have we had enough of these idiotic questions? I’ll pick it up at the shop,” Cadmus said in a commanding voice and with a threatening eye.



“Of course, Mr. Malfoy…” Borgin said with a huge bow. Cadmus glared at him before giving another order.



“Now release me from this de-Apparation charm!” Cadmus ordered impatient. Borgin waved his wand and Cadmus felt a strange sense of release around his midriff. “Now get out of here before they get here!”



“I could say the same to you, Mr. Malfoy…” Borgin said with a malicious smile. Cadmus’s head swiveled around and he glared at Borgin one more time. Then he sped off into the night, and Borgin could have sworn he had heard the familiar pop of someone Apparating.



“Cadmus, my dear ally, what have you gotten yourself into?” Borgin said with his malicious smile and thoughts of chambers full of gold flashing through his head. Then he gathered up all his things, put out the fire, and Apparated. But not before stopping to listen to the barking of dogs and the yelping of men…