Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Letter-Opener by Mind_Over_Matter

Printer
Summary: Diagon Alley, 11:28am, 1946

‘The Salesman turned it over in his fingers. It was so small, and appeared so very frail. But if, indeed, what the old wand maker said was true, its value knew no ends.’

Mr Ollivander Sr. has an item on his hands to sell a young Salesman of Borgin and Burke’s. It is small, yes, but even the tiniest of packages can be full of surprises, full of power, and even, sometimes, full of memories.

The locket… the cup… the snake… something of Gryffindor’s or Ravenclaw’s…



This placed third (*boogie*) in the One Shot Challenge – Borgin and Burke’s.
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Historical
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 5527 Viewcount: 1687
Published on: 04/22/06 Updated On: 04/25/06





1. Diagon Alley, 11:28am, 1946 by Mind_Over_Matter [ - ] (5527 words)

Well, here I am again, writing an Author's Note. Firstly, I really want to thank Ginny_W, who did an amazingly excellent job beta-ing this story for me. Ginny, you've been great, and you not only made fantastic and in-depth suggestions as to how to improve this, but inspired me to make it the best it could be. Thank you.


To everyone else, I hope you enjoy this story and feel a little of what I felt writing it. Also, if you review I will love you forever!


DISCLAIMER: *Disclaims* I do not own Harry Potter characters. None at all. Only Ollivander Sr. and some of the little minor characters belong to me, and even then, the name ‘Ollivander’ is not mine… Also, there are altered quotes from HBP and CoS near the end, which are also not mine. *Finishes Disclaiming*


As I have mentioned, I am Scarlet_Orange on the forums and this is my entry to the One Shot Challenge - Borgin and Burke's. So let the story... BEGIN!