Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Actually by mysteriousnight

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Chapter Summary: Two hogwarts students can't sleep in very late the next morning, and a brawl over a chair begins. At breakfast, Seanna and Fayre go wild over their crushes, and Lily convinces them to talk to have a conversation with them.
Lily woke up the next morning to darkness. She knew it was far too early to get up, but she could no longer sleep. She changed into her robes and decided to start on some homework that she had neglected to do.


She descended the stairs and into the Common Room. She pointed her wand toward the fireplace and started a fire. She backed into her favorite chair, and sat down on something that was not supposed to be there.


“Holy Hippogriff, Potter! What are you doing here!”


“Wha?”


“You…in…chair…very…early…morning?” Lily voiced Tarzan-like.


James had obviously managed to wake up when he said, “You know, Evans, you should talk like that more often. I can actually understand what you’re saying.” He smirked.



“Potter, you disgust me. Now could you move out of my chair so I can do something productive?”



“This is your chair is it? Well, I don’t really feel like moving, so you can claim another one.”



“Potter! Get off my chair!” Lily whispered angrily.



“You think I’m scared of your angry words? Think again, Evans. You’re going to have to fight for it if you want it that badly.”



Lily eyebrows furrowed, and James thought he saw a hint of red in her emerald eyes. She was furious. “You don’t think I’ll be able to get my chair back do you? Well, we’ll see about that.”



She walked over to him, grabbed his robes, and pulled him to the floor with all of her strength. She stood up, her right foot on his stomach, as though she had conquered James and smiled at him. “Well, then, thanks for my chair back, Potter.”



Lily turned her back to James, and started walking back to the chair. That was a mistake on your part, Lily, James thought. He grabbed her from behind, caught the sweet-smelling sent of her and the beauty of the profile of her face hair for a moment, and then tossed her lightly onto a nearby couch. He walked over to the chair and sat down. “No, Evans, thank you.”



As Lily thought about her next move, her skin burned in the places where James had grabbed her. He is so strong,she thought. That should be the next advertisement: “Quidditch”It does a body good.” Damn, Lily, get a hold of yourself, will you? She snapped back into reality, remembering that she cannot let her walls down yet, and said, “Go ahead, Potter, you can have that chair. I think I’m going to go to the library anyway.”



“Isn’t it closed right now?” James asked. He realized how he had been acting. I don’t like Lily Evans! I can’t, I have no chance, so why bother?



“I…I don’t know,” Lily answered, surprised by James’ concern in the situation.



“Well, I think it is, Evans,” James added, trying to be nice, but not too nice.



Lily paused before responding. James…Damn, Potter is actually acting his age today. Not like he hasn’t all year already, Lily,she told herself. But today he seems to be sincerely doing it…



“Whatever, Potter, I’m going back up to my dormitory,” she said finally before quickly making her way to the girl’s dormitory staircase. Something fell on the floor, but Lily continued on.



James watched as Lily’s bracelet hit the floor. He ran to pick it up, and by the time he had done so, Lily was halfway up the staircase to her dormitory. He rushed over to her as she was opening the door. He climbed halfway up the steps, and managed to say, “Lily” before a loud siren went off, and staircase turned into a slide, and James coasted all the way to wear he picked up the bracelet. Lily turned to see him on the floor. She was grinning widely. “Guess what came into play there, Potter? A thing muggles like to call ‘Karma.’ Basically, what goes around, comes around, and it obviously came around for you.”



By this time, most of the inhabitants of the Gryffindor house had come to see who was stupid enough to try and sneak into the girls’ dormitories. When Sirius saw it was James, he yelled, “Right on, Mate!”



James ignored Sirius’ comment and replied to Lily: “I was just””



“Potter, no explanation. I really don’t want to hear it,” Lily voiced with a bored tone. Fayre and Seanna, who had joined the crowd when they heard the siren, laughed heartily at Lily’s comment. Lily found it hard to believe that she was acting so convincingly in hate with James, and so did he.



James decided that Lily really didn’t want her bracelet back right then, so he slipped it into the pocket of his robes, and went up to his dormitory. James looked out through the window by his bed as watched the sun’s rays steadily creep into the room.



At 7:07 (according to the watch he had been staring at for the last two hours), he decided to wake up his friends. He started with Sirius, the most fun to wake up.



He took a bit of Sirius’ long, dark hair, and tickled his ear with it. After a few moments of watching Sirius slapping the side of his face to get rid of the “tickle,” James finally grabbed one of his own pillows and used all of his strength to give Sirius a nice whack in the face.



“I-didn’t-steal-those-panties-I-swear!” Sirius yelled as he jumped out of his bed and was standing upright in seconds.



“Good morning to you, too, Padfoot,” James managed to say before he started laughing so hard that his stomach hurt. Sirius decided to hit him. Very Hard. On his head.



James moved on to Peter. Peter was usually the most fun.



He, joined by Sirius, rocked the bed back and forth and up and down. “Earthquake! Earthquake! Run away! Earthquake!” Peter yelled as he sped out of bed and out of the dormitory (only to return moments later with his head down and his face a deep shade of red).



Next up was Remus.



“Remus. Oh Remus, darling. Do get up. It’s time for breakfast, Dear,” Sirius said in a high-pitched voice.



“Oh, yeah!” Remus said excitedly, not opening his eyes. He knew exactly what was going on, but he thought he’d keep the act going until the right moment.



“Get up, get out of that bed!”



“But, Mum, I had a girl over last night, I need to sleep.”



Sirius and James laughed for a while silently. “Who was it, Remmy-Dear?”



“Oh well it was this beauty that I met in the library, Aislin Jones.”



Sirius became enraged. He pulled Remus out of his bed and into the air by the collar of his nightclothes.



“What, Moony?”



“Padfoot, I was entirely kidding. I knew you guys were up to something, so I played along. Put me down, will you?” Remus said.



“Sure, sorry, Mate.” Sirius responded, setting Remus down. “That was a good one though, Moony. I didn’t see the ‘mirror prank’ coming.”



“What’s a ‘mirror prank?’” Peter asked.



“When someone pulls a prank on you, and you know about it, so you play along and turn it into a prank against that person,” James explained.



“Oh, I understand,” Peter added.



“Sure he does,” Sirius whispered to James, and they both chuckled.



“Let’s go to breakfast. I’m starving,” James announced.



“Sounds good to me,” Remus commented.



“Yup,” Sirius chimed in.



Peter’s stomach grumbled. “I’ll take that as a ‘Yes,’” James said, smirking.



*****




“Well, my morning started off spectacular,” Lily stated sarcastically to her friends. She told of her chair adventures with James.



“Gosh, Lily, that sounds like an adventure.” Though Seanna sounded like she was teasing, she was really just half-listening, attempting to focus her attention on George.



“Yeah,” Fayre agreed, her mouth half full of food. She, too, was admiring her crush from afar.



“Why don’t you just go talk to them?” Lily asked her friends after a long silence. (In other words, Lily had become bored, and needed something to amuse her…while also helping her friends, of course.)



Fayre and Seanna stared at each other a moment. Could they do this?



Fayre had never really talked to Regulus before. There was only one time where they were introduced to each other, when Regulus and Sirius were talking to each other, and Fayre stepped in to ask Sirius a question about the Bat Bogey Hex. Though she never talked to him , she observed him, and in observing him, she found an interesting person, one with a sense of humor as good as his sense of sarcasm, matching that of her. He was also a fantastic keeper. She thought nervously about what to say.



Seanna always talked to George in her favorite class, Herbology. They were always partners when working, and those around them could tell they had chemistry. But of course, nor Seanna nor George had any idea. Seanna, though she had talked to him all the time, had never talked to him outside of class, so she was even more nervous at him seeing the real her, the out-of-class her.



They looked at one another for a moment, and stood up. They both could not believe what they were about to do.



Lily merely sat and smiled as the girls walked to the two different tables and started talking to their crushes.