Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Now I Have Everything by Just Tink

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Thanks so much to my wonderful beta reader, Thoth! She was nice enough to go over this multiple times with me. I don't own HP and I don't own 'Now I Have Everything.' Lyrics from Fiddler on the roof. Dedication: For Andi, a great friend and the most awesome Hodel EVER!


The silvery-haired witch took a deep breath. Everything was perfect. Absolutely and completely perfect. Outside the sun was shining brightly, and the lawn was a beautiful green, completely gnome free. A flowery arch had been set up at the rear, covered with ribbons in pink and gold. Chairs bedecked with the same color ribbons lined up in rows facing it, like soldiers. She turned around in a circle, admiring the way the kitchen had been turned into a bride’s dressing room.

“Fleur, darling?” An older witch with hair the same silver blonde color had peered into the room. “They’re ready to start, my dear.”

Fleur nodded, a look of reverence on her face. She glanced in the mirror one last time. Looking back at her was a beautiful woman, pale skin looking ethereal against the detailed ivory wedding dress. Her hair was visible only by a few strands peeping out from underneath a veil.

Fleur smiled. “I’m ready, Mama.” Picking up a bouquet from the ground, she turned away from the mirror to approach her wedding.

Fleur’s mother smiled gently. “My little blossom, a bride!” She wiped a tear from her eye.

Taking Fleur’s arm they left the comforting old house, entering the backyard. To Fleur it was a land of love and happiness. Her younger sister was halfway down the golden pathway that had been created between the rows of chairs. Her other bridesmaid, Ginny Weasley, was already standing to the side of the archway, a vision in gold. But she was no match for the beauty of Fleur Delacour as the young woman stepped into the aisle, her father now holding her arm. A red headed man in black dress robes and scars on his face locked his eyes with hers.

I used to tell myself
that I had everything,
but that was only half true.
I had an aim in life,
and that was everything.
But now, I even have you.


It seemed to take a lifetime to reach the archway where the red headed man was standing. Next to him was a stocky, muscular man with similar red hair- though in Fleur’s eyes it wasn’t nearly as red and vibrant as the one of her fiancé.

Fleur’s father squeezed her shoulder for the last time before taking a seat next to his wife, whose eyes were rimmed with tears. The red headed man took Fleur’s hand as they turned to face the archway. Underneath it stood a dark haired man holding a thick scroll. Opening it, he began to read as Fleur and the red headed man gazed into each other’s faces.

I have something that I would die for,
someone that I can live for, too.

Yes, now I have everything. Not only everything.
I have a little bit more.
Besides having everything,
I know what everything's for.


The dark haired man began to read. “We gather together to celebrate the marriage of Fleur Delacour and Bill Weasley.” The red headed man nodded. Fleur squeezed his hand. “Does anybody object to the union of this couple in matrimony?” Nobody spoke. The dark haired man nodded.

“Then let us begin. Bill, repeat after me. I, Bill Weasley,” he motioned towards Bill. “Repeat, please.”

“I, Bill Weasley, take this woman to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part, to thee I give my troth.” Bill spoke in the most caring voice Fleur had ever heard him use. He grinned at the dark haired man, who looked slightly stunned. “I came to this wedding prepared.” Fleur laughed.

I used to wonder, could there be a wife?
To share such a difficult, wandering kind of life
I was only out of sight,
Waiting right
Here.


Fleur began, enunciating each word as precisely as she could with a heavy French accent. “I, Fleur Delacour, take this man to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for richer or for poorer, in sickness,” she glanced up at Bill’s scarred face, long red marks over his skin, “and in health, till death do us part, to thee I give my troth.” She smiled up at Bill, whose blue eyes seemed to be smiling just for her. “I, too, came prepared.” This time the audience laughed with them.

Who knows tomorrow where our home will be?
I'll be with you, and that's home enough for me
Everything is right at hand,
Simple and
Clear.


Another red head stepped out from behind Bill, pulling a ring out of his pocket. He seemed to be about seventeen years old, and even though the bride looked beautiful as he handed his brother Bill the ring, he had eyes only for a brown haired witch in the second row of seats.

Bill nodded his head. “Thanks, Ron.” Holding Fleur’s hand in front of him, he placed the ring on it gently, rubbing her thumb as he spoke. “Fleur…” he seemed at loss for words. Fleur smiled gently at him as he continued. “Ever since I met you my life has been so amazing. I became a curse-breaker to live a life of adventure. But Fleur, the biggest adventure of my life was winning you over.” The crowd sighed. Fleur watched Bill’s face before she replied, tears in her eyes.

“Bill, I never met a man who I wanted to love as much as I love you. You love me for me, not for my beauty.” She looked into his blue eyes with the tears welling up in hers. “Thank you for loving me for me.”

I have, something that I would die for,
someone that I can live for, too.

Yes, now I have everything. Not only everything.
I have a little bit more.


The dark haired man sighed with happiness. “Now,” he began, closing his scroll, “I declare you man and-”

“Wait.” Fleur turned to the dark haired man, silencing him. “There’s something we would like to do first.” Fleur and Bill clasped hands tightly as the dark haired man looked confused.

“We’d like to make an Unbreakable Vow, please.” Bill smiled. This had been their own secret, something they had decided to do in the months before the wedding. Whispers poured out from the crowd, and the dark haired man’s eyes widened.

“Yes, we’re positive, thanks.” Bill spoke casually but there was a note of finality in his voice. The dark haired man nodded, pulling a wand out of his robes and placing it on their interlocked hands.

Fleur began with confidence in her voice. “I vow to be the best wife I can be and to always care for my husband.” It was simple, but in it was everything marriage meant to Fleur.

Bill’s voice was strong and clear. “I vow to be the best husband I can be and to always care for my wife.” He wiped away Fleur’s tears with his free hand. The dark haired man watched as silvery light poured out of his wand and snaked itself around their entwined hands. “Now,” he added with a mischievous look on his face that was reminiscent of Fred and George, “you may finish, my good sir.”

The dark haired man smiled. “Then I declare you man and wife. Bill, feel free to kiss the bride.” His face was soft with pleasure at the two young people. Bill grinned.

“Gladly.”

Cupping Fleur’s face in his hands he pulled her towards him. Fleur placed her hands on his shoulders as he kissed her, the most beautiful, romantic kiss she had ever had. Sighs were heard from the crowd, and sobbing tears came from the front row as mothers cried. The former Fleur Delacour threw her hands around Bill’s neck, and he pulled her into a tight embrace. “I will always love you,” he whispered into her ear, and then kissed it as the crowd burst into applause. Bill released her, grabbing her hand and squeezing it tightly.

“I give you… Mr. and Mrs. Bill Weasley.” The dark haired man spoke with a loud, happy voice. The crowd’s cheers turned into roars as they rose to their feet. Fleur Weasley felt light as a feather as her husband led her down the aisle to their new life.

Besides having everything,
I know what everything's for.