Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Scary Beautiful by Eve

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Um, I submitted this once, then the thing got shut down... and it got deleted. I didn't get an email so I'm trying again. sorry for the wait.
James closed his eyes. How could he have forgotten? Maybe this wasn't happening. Maybe it was a horrible nightmare. But when he opened his eyes, Lily was still standing there, looking all innocent. If anything happened to her because of his mistake..... He shuddered.





"We've got to go. NOW!"





"Why?" Lily asked, startled.





James searched wildly for an excuse. "I er- forgot my homework."





Lily stared at him. "You'd rather do homework... than talk to me?"





James felt like an idiot. He felt even worse when she gave him that weird x-ray look. It was like she could read minds.





"James Potter, I'm not an idiot. You're meeting Allie, aren't you?"





Scratch that reading minds theory.





"WHAT?" James said, shocked. "No! Lily, it's not like that."





"Right," Lily said angrily.





James didn't know what to say to her. "We should just go to the castle."





"I'll go, Potter," Lily snapped. "Go find Allie."





She stomped off, leaving James totally confused behind her.





x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x





"The nerve," Lily said angrily. "He shoos me away so he can be with darling Allie." She snorted.





Suddenly she heard something rustling the bushes behind her. In a second she had spun around, wand out and ready for anything. "WHO'S THERE!?"





Then she laughed. It was only a rat. It looked almost scared though. "It's okay," Lily said. "The only thing I want to curse is Potter."





The rat didn't seem to believe her. Actually it seemed like the rat was going to have a severe heart attack. Lily was a little concerned. "It's okay."





2 seconds later, Lily was on her back being held down by a great beast of a dog. "GET OFF YOU BRUTE!" Lily yelled, reaching for her wand.





Lils, look at me!





Lily stopped struggling. "You talk?"





The dog seemed to shrug. It's not easy but we manage it.





"Oh," Lily said, feeling faintly ridiculous.. "Sorry for the um, brute comment."





The dog rolled his eyes. I would have yelled worse things.





He looked at the psychotic rat. Moony is gone you idiot. Stop freaking out. Go to the castle.





"Who's Moony?" Lily asked as the dog let her sit up.





A friend. the dog said shortly.





Lily wasn't satisfied. "Then why did you sit on me?"





What can I say? I like pretty girls.





Lily laughed. "You do realize you're a dog."





The dog smiled a little. For now.





Lily looked at him questioningly. "I should get back to the castle."





I'll walk you.





"Thanks," Lily said.





Even though it was a beautiful moonlit night, Lily didn't enjoy the scenery, scared she would see James and Allie.





So, Lils, why are you outside past curfew? Head Girls aren't supposed to break the rules.





Lily was offended. "I wasn't breaking the rules. I was simply testing their limits."





Was it her imagination or was that stupid dog smirking at her? Right, well that doesn't answer my question.





Lily sighed. "I was with James Potter."





James? the dog said, stopping.





"Yes? Do you know him?" Lily asked, uncomfortably aware that she might be insane.





Not very well. Lucky fellow though. Is he your boyfriend?





"No!" Lily said quickly. "We're barely even friends."





Too bad. The dog said, although it was smiling again. Here we are, home sweet home.





Lily crouched down to scratch the dogs ears.





That feels good.





Lily pulled her hand back. "That's a little weird."





The dog smiled at her. I'll see you around, Lily.





"What's your name?" Lily asked.





You know it already.





Lily kissed the dog quickly on the nose. "Fine then, Mr. Secretive."





The dog seemed slightly dazed. Wow. He gave her puppy eyes.





Lily laughed. "Nice try."





x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x





Sirius was still smiling when he transformed back to human. He had really misjudged her. She really was something.





"SIRIUS!"





James looked scared out of his mind. "Have you seen Lily? We had a fight and she-"





"It's a little too late to play the hero, mate," Sirius said.





"She's safe then?" James said.





"Yeah. I saw her wandering around and ran Remus to the shack. How could you even bring her out here? You knew it was the full moon!"





"I didn't bring her out here," James snapped. "I forgot it was the full moon."





"Perfect excuse," Sirius said sarcastically. "Next time you forget something, make sure some one's life isn't at risk."





"Look, I messed up," James said angrily.





"You've been doing that a lot more lately," Sirius said sharply. He started to walk away but he turned to James again. "By the way, quit wasting your time. Lily doesn't go for guys that try to get her killed. She seems to like guys that walk her to the castle doors. I found that out when she kissed me good night."





He did walk away this time, leaving James speechless behind him.





x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x*x





Lily smiled. "Jazz it was magical. He was wonderful. He was the nicest guy I've ever met."





Jazz looked at her friend. "Honey, he's a dog."





James Potter spit out he's pumpkin juice.





Lily glared at him for a minute before turning back to Jazz. "He seemed really familiar though. I sort of think he was an animagus."





This time it was Sirius who spit out his juice but Lily just laughed at him.





Jazz looked at her friend suspiciously. "You like Sirius Black?" she whispered.





Lily blushed. "A little."





Jazz didn't speak to her for the rest of breakfast.