Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Scary Beautiful by Eve

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry it's so short. I was trying to think of more things to say but that stuff has to be carried to the next chapter. This is all setting up for what's coming.


"Common Welsh Green!' James shouted.

"Hungarian Horntail!" Lily yelled.

"Er- Swedish Short-Snout?" James guessed.

"No you idiot, it's a Peruvian Vipertooth," Lily snapped.

The Care of Magical Creatures class was very entertained, watching James and Lily have one of their bizarre competetions. Professor Kettleburn was showing pictures of different dragons and the class was supposed to figure out what kind of dragons they were. So far James and Lily had answered every question. Now they were laughing at eachother.

Allie rolled her eyes. "Okay this is getting ridiculous."

"Tell me about it," Remus said.

She tossed her long blonde hair over her shoulder, hitting Peter Pettigrew in he face. "Lily needs to quit messing around. I know she likes him."

"Jealous much? He's going out with you, isn't he?" Remus said, emotionless.

"Yeah right," Allie said. "I wish he'd just stop talking to her."

"They're fighting," Peter said, surprising both of them. "Aren't they?"

Allie glared at Lily, who was whispering something to James.

"I'm not dealing with this anymore."

The bell rang. Allie quickly caught James by the arm and dragged him away from Lily.

x*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*x

Jazz rolled over on her back and stared at the clouds. Why was she doing homework when everything in her wanted to go flying? It was such a perfect day. Her books were all spread out on the grass. She was lying on a blanket near the Forbidden Forest.

Now would you look at that.

Jazz jumped. "What the-"

She stared at a huge black dog that was slowly making its way towards her. She looked for a weapon but the dog raised a paw.

I come in peace.

Jazz relaxed slightly. "You must be Lily's mysterious friend."

So she's talked about me, huh?

Jazz rolled her eyes and reached for her books. "Look, I'm not in the mood to talk about Lily Evans. I'm out of here."

Wait!

Jazz paused.

I thought you two were friends.

Jazz sighed. "We are. She's just getting on my nerves a bit."

The dog nodded. My friend is annoyed with me too.

"And who is that? The rat?"

The dog gave a bark of laughter. No. He's human.

Jazz stared at him. "Seriously? Why?"

The dog looked away from her. I was kind of being a jerk to him. I deserved it.

Jazz almost laughed when she saw the sad look on the dogs face. It was too adorable. "Lily said you could be an animagus."

Maybe.

"Do I know you?"

Maybe.

"Say something besides maybe."

Peut-Etre.

"Ah tres drole."

The dog looked surprised. You speak french?

Jazz nodded. "Oui."

The dog made a bow. Very good.

"So what's your name?"

Make one up.

Jazz looked at him. "Hmm. Snuffles will do."

He looked offended. What is a Snuffles?

"Hey, it's that or Fluffy."

Snuffles will do.

x*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*xx*X*x*X*x*X*x
James stared at Nicki with an incredulous look on his face.

"What do you mean I can't talk to Lily?" he demanded.

Nicki shrugged. "Allie is freaking out. If you want to keep going out with her I suggest you stop talking to Lily."

James ran a hand through his hopeless hair. Lily was his friend... wasn't she? Granted, they'd fought on the lake, and apparently she had kissed his best friend. But was he imagining the smiles she sent his way, or the twinkle in her eyes when she tried not to laugh at his antics?

"I don't like Lily," he snapped. "Tell Allie to get a handle on her jealousy or we'll have to break up."

She rolled her eyes and walked away. He turned the opposite way, walking right into Lily Evans. His mouth went absolutely dry as he prayed she hadn't heard him.

She smiled, and he felt a little relieved. "Potter."

He nodded, "Evans."

Something in his expression must have alerted her, because she frowned a little. "Hey, is anything wrong?"

James wondered how she could figure him out so well. "No, I'm just distracted."

Lily smiled again. "I know what you mean. Allie and me aren't on the best of terms. She decided I liked you."

James smirked. "Really?"

Lily nodded. "Yeah. It's absolutely ridiculous though."

James laughed. "Right. Even if we did like eachother, we'd be too busy fighting to do anything about it."

Lily bit her lip. "You're probably right. There's no way we'd ever like eachother."

"Exactly," James said.

"Besides," Lily said as she walked into a classroom. "I'm going out with Sirius Black."

James froze.

She reappeared and laughed at his shocked expression. "Gotcha."