Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Scary Beautiful by Eve

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I'm so unbelievably sorry! Please don't throw fruit at me even though i deserve it. my muse finally came back. hope you like the chapter.






Lily rolled her eyes. She was trying to work on her potions homework in the common room but James was alternating between sighing, making impatient noises, and occasionally making a face at her.


"What's wrong?" Jazz asked, sitting next to her.


"James," Lily sighed. "I apologized half a million times for what happened but he still hasn't let it go. It was over a MONTH ago. Jeez, I'm the one who lost my parents and he's-" She stopped suddenly. She had been trying not to think about it but it still hurt all the time. Life couldn't stop though, and Lily knew that.


Jazz gave her a understanding smile. "Sorry."


Lily shook her head. "I'm fine. I just wish he'd talk to me. It'd be a lot easier if I knew he was there, you know?"


Jazz looked sympathetic. "James just got his feelings hurt. He'll come around."


Lily bit her lip. "Yeah right. I'm going to go to the library. He's driving me crazy."


She gathered up her books and walked past him, not seeing the regret in his eyes.


__________________________________________________________


Remus saw all this but didn't feel too bad. He had problems of his own at the moment. He had essays due in all of his classes, his friends were all going crazy, the full moon was tomorrow, and- He sighed. Allie. There was always Allie.


He had never really gotten over her. He distracted himself by talking to Lily, Jazz, and Nicki but she was always in the back of his head like a buzz that wouldn't go away. He felt kind of stupid for caring so much when she obviously didn't but.... he couldn't help it. He couldn't even talk to James like he used to, because he was still mad about him going out with her when he still liked Lily. It was wrong but did James feel bad? No. He NEVER did.


Remus felt bad for thinking this but he couldn't help that either. Everyone had changed this year. James was all about himself these days and Remus was getting sick of it. Sirius was always talking to Lily and Jazz so he couldn't talk to him about it. Peter was clueless. He didn't trust Nicki very much so that was also out of the question.


Remus didn't know what to do.


__________________________________________________________


"You can do it!" Jazz said, encouragingly.


"No, I can't!" James said, trying to get away from her.


"She wants you to talk to her! She likes you!" Jazz said, exasperated.


James stopped fighting. “Does she?”


Jazz stopped too. “Of course. Why else would she talk about you all the time? She misses you! And you know you miss her.”


James nodded. “True.”


Jazz smiled at him. “So go talk to her.”


James grinned. “Alright. I’ll do it.”


He started to walk towards the library, but he stopped dead when he looked in the window. Lily was laughing at something Sirius had said. James hadn’t seen her so happy in a while. Sirius leaned in towards her and Lily kissed him sweetly on the cheek.


“Yeah, she’s really lost without me,” James snapped, getting away as fast as he could.


Jazz didn’t hear him. If he had actually looked at her he would have seen his own expression staring back.


__________________________________________________________


“You’re such an idiot,” Lily said, shoving Sirius.


He grinned. “You love it.”


Lily rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”


Sirius looked at her. Despite her teasing tone he knew she was thinking about something else.


“Is everything okay?”


Lily looked surprised. “Of course. I’m great, actually.”


Sirius raised his eyebrows. “So you still haven’t talked to James, huh?”


Lily hit him. “No! It’s driving me nuts! Why’d you bring it up?”


Sirius laughed. “To drive you crazy. What else?”


Lily gave him the look. “What about you, slick? Have you told Jazz about your, um, fuzzy alter ego?”


Sirius cleared his throat. “So… anyways let’s get to lunch. I’m starved.”


Lily giggled. "You're such a hypocrite."


Sirius gave a sheepish smile. "Yeah, well...."


She slung her bookbag over her shoulder. "Let's go, Romeo. Jazz is waiting."


Sirius put his arm around her. "Today I'm going to tell her. Really."


Lily smiled. "And I'm going to tell James I miss him."


__________________________________________________________


"WHAT?" Sirius stared at Nicki in total shock. "What do you mean Lily likes me? Are you crazy?"


Nicki looked just as shocked. "Well Jazz told me you two were getting good and cozy in the library. She was kind of upset."


Sirius looked confused beyond all reason. "We were kidding around! I don't like Lily."








"Oh gross! I don't like Sirius!" Lily said, staring at Remus liked he had two heads.


Remus laughed at the look on her face. "Well James seems to think otherwise."


Lily threw up her hands. "Why should he care?"


Remus looked surprised. "Because he likes you."


Lily rolled her eyes. "Yeah right. He's never even seriously asked me out."


Remus shrugged. "I don't know what to tell you."


Lily took a deep breath. "Oh but I know. He gets to go out with any girl he wants but I hang out with my guy friend and he's allowed to throw a fit? He's not even my boyfriend! Why should I care what he thinks?"


Remus looked at her patiently. "Because you like him too."


Lily glared at him for a minute, then sighed. "Don't remind me."