Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Senses by Gryffinpuff

Printer
Summary: Sense: a word of so many meanings. This is a story about senses. The common sense notion of self preservation that is lost when friends are in need, the senses of the body that can be damaged so easily, and the intuitive senses of the heart that tell you when things have changed. R/Hr focused with a little bit of H/G, not a lot of fluff, with rotating views between the characters on a truly horrific day.



Quicksilver Quills Runner-Up - Best Romance, Canon
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Ron/Hermione AND Harry/Ginny
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 16 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 44591 Viewcount: 69825
Published on: 05/01/06 Updated On: 05/01/07





1. Dulling of the Senses by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (3134 words)
I'm a die hard R/Hr shipper, and I always have been! Please let me know if you think I'm doing their story justice!

Disclaimor: Nothing here belongs to me, Jo owns all of it.

2. A Sense of Self by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (2330 words)
Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment; Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strength
-Lau Tzu


3. A Sense of Duty by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (1893 words)
Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.
-Carol Lynn Pearson

4. Sense and Reason by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (2896 words)
The surest aid in combating the male's disease of self contempt is to be loved by a clever woman.
Friedrich Nietzsche

5. A Sense of Foreboding by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (2177 words)
If you sense there must be more, there is more.
Alan Cohen

6. Harry Potter and the Sense of Guilt by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (3489 words)
This chapter is 90% about Harry and Ginny (hope you enjoy it PotterFan22!!). The chapter title is a little silly, but the chapter itself is not! The action in this section is a bit darker (but not too dark!) at times than most of the story up until this point, just for fair warning. Enjoy!!
7. Sensing Fear by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (2098 words)
Fear not the future, weep not for the past.
-Percy Bysshe Shelley


8. A Sense of Failure by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (1642 words)
You always pass failure on the way to success.
--Mickey Rooney

9. Battered Senses, Undying Devotion by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (2387 words)
“Nothing truly valuable arises from ambition or from a mere sense of duty; it stems from love and devotion…”
-Albert Einstein

10. A Sense of Timing by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (3651 words)
You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.
-Miyamoto Musashi

11. A Sense of Grace in the Light of Mortality by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (2015 words)
If one has to submit, it is wasteful not to do so with the best grace possible.
-Winston Churchill

12. Attuning Your Battle Senses by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (2680 words)
I would like to thank Gmariam for her help on the last few chapters. I've been in a bit of a funk lately, and it's likely that I wouldn't have posted nearly as quickly without her insights! Once again, the story is turning in a darker direction that will linger until the final chapter. And, just so you know, there are massive cliffies ahead. You have been warned!
13. Common Sense by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (2900 words)
Common sense in one view is the most uncommon sense. While it is extremely rare in possession, the recognition of it is universal. All men feel it, though few men have it.
- Henry Norman Hudson

14. Darkness Clouds the Senses by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (3187 words)
It's always darkest before the dawn.

-Proverb

15. Sensing the End by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (4641 words)
Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. Love still stands when all else has fallen.
-Unknown

16. Epilogue by Gryffinpuff [ - ] (3471 words)