Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Maia in the Mirror: Vol. 1 by MaiaMadness

Printer
Summary: When Maia's father dies, she finds herself believing that nothing is real anymore. So those letters that have been arriving must be a hoax, right? But Maia soon finds herself thrown into a new reality of wands and spells and potions, new friends, new enemies, a new life. She arrives at Hogwarts, only to find that the same prejudice people exist here too, even in her own house. Meanwhile, even though Voldemort was finally vanquished two years ago, there are still Death Eaters running loose, trying to start anew without their Master.
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 6 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 11628 Viewcount: 14372
Published on: 05/15/06 Updated On: 01/03/07





1. Chapter One: An Unfortunate Event by MaiaMadness [ - ] (1180 words)
This story is about an original character, and will feature few appearances of the main characters from the Harry Potter books. I've been working through the character of Maia diligently for the past few weeks, trying to tweak her just right. She is loosely based on me, and her past is in many ways mine. I hope you will enjoy her story. It contains themes like death and some depression, but nothing a 1st year couldn't deal with! :)

Thanks to my wonderful beta, Willowed Sky, for helping me out with this project!

2. Chapter Two: The Pencil-Eater-Lady by MaiaMadness [ - ] (1771 words)
Yay! Second chapter! Still many thanks to Willowed Sky who betas for me, and does such a great job!

So, chapter two, in which Maia visits a psychologist and gets an unexpected visit from an unexpected person.

3. Chapter Three: A Fateful Decision by MaiaMadness [ - ] (2295 words)
So, yes, chapter three it is. In which Maia has to make her decision and go to Diagon Alley to do her shopping for school. She also learns a whole bunch of new stuff about her new world. Hope you'll enjoy it!

MaiaMadness

4. Chapter Four, Meeting Friends by MaiaMadness [ - ] (2171 words)
In which Maia takes the Hogwarts Express and meets some new people.
5. Chapter Five: Feasts and Hats by MaiaMadness [ - ] (2204 words)
In which Maia arrives at Hogwarts at last and is sorted.

Many thanks to my betas, Willow and Elliot, for beta-reading this chapter, and also many thanks to whatapotter for helping me revise the previous four.

6. Chapter Six: Professor Tonks by MaiaMadness [ - ] (2007 words)
Thanks to Elliot for betaing this chapter, and to BlackClaude for pointing out the last mistake.