Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Is it Pride or Prejudice? by Stormbringer

Printer
Summary: Lily Evans is confident yet unsure of her future. Who needs a boyfriend anyway when you've got awesome friends? But when James Potter finds a way into her mind and heart, slowly but surely, Lily finds what she missed in life. Love, loathing, friendships, and hardships are all components of this epic tale.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: James/Lily
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Book 7 Disregarded, Sexual Situations, Substance Abuse
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 20 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 38506 Viewcount: 102924
Published on: 05/19/06 Updated On: 11/20/07





1. Total Bliss and Happiness-Right? by Stormbringer [ - ] (1704 words)
The excerpt I used is from the abridged version of Victor Hugo’s Les Misérables. This story is based on Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Hope you enjoy.



2. Dates, Drama, and Dresses by Stormbringer [ - ] (2034 words)
Though most of the drama comes later, Lily and her friends go dress shopping.



3. Yet Another Potter Problem by Stormbringer [ - ] (1503 words)
Disclaimer: Yes, I used some quotes from the "Snape's Worst Memory" chapter. I’m not trying to steal the lake scene or make it my own in a bad way, I just wanted to provide readers with something different. Those quotes do not belong to me, but JK. If they did belong to me, I'd be rich. But they don't, so I still sit at a computer typing a fanfic hopefully people will like.



4. Before-the-Ball Worries by Stormbringer [ - ] (2007 words)
(Balls may be cliche, but I love them!) Lily finds herself panicking all because of one little question James Potter asked about a ball.



5. A Ball, Some Beaus, And A Horrible Disaster by Stormbringer [ - ] (1605 words)
The ball seems to be going well until in one moment, Lily finds herself walking away yet again from that Potter.



6. 'Tis the Art of Being Confused by Stormbringer [ - ] (2108 words)
(From here on out, the plot is mostly going to resemble Jane Austen's. They'll be some twists of mine, but it is mostly going to be like the real Pride and Prejudice. Just warning...) Our little Lily is once again confused by the actions of her arch nemesis.



7. Remarkable, Revolting Surprises by Stormbringer [ - ] (2476 words)
(This chapter slightly annoyed me, partly because of the Pride & Prejudice plotline.) After the ball, Lily wants to put the disastrous incident behind her--that is, until her parents bring up another dreadful incident.



8. An Evans, an Anderson, a Black, and the Potters by Stormbringer [ - ] (1364 words)
Lily's recovering from a shocking surprise, SamLin's sick with worry and the flu, Sirius is really mad at his mother, and the Potters have invited them all to stay at their rented house.



9. Changes by Stormbringer [ - ] (2491 words)
School starts again, along with a long-going feud, a grumpy attitude, and a plan--more of those changes that Lily despises.



10. Fights and Flights and First-Ever Kisses by Stormbringer [ - ] (3030 words)
Okay, the book Katie is quoting and reading is the abridged version Chinese-American version of Oliver Twist (I have the real one, but I think I lost it), page 216, paragraph three, sentence 3. Lily is seduced by someone, and her friends start to turn on one another because of that person.



11. Why? by Stormbringer [ - ] (1560 words)
Lily is in complete denial to romance, and SamLin begins to feel that way too when she recieves a certain letter with some certain news.



12. No, No, No by Stormbringer [ - ] (2359 words)
Evil truths and secrets come to haunt Lily through letters and explanations.



13. More Fights and Flights, But No Kisses by Stormbringer [ - ] (1746 words)
Lily doesn't know when her mother and sister turn her into the outcast of the Evans family, but then realizes she's had another family all along. Just a question...who's your favorite character? I've been wondering.



14. Pride Bruised and Head Confused by Stormbringer [ - ] (2178 words)
(Here's one of my favorite scenes from P&P the movie. Very romantic and dramatic, yet depressing.) Lily goes to find her book, but instead finds enough romantic trouble that seems like it has come out of a romance novel.



15. No Explanations? by Stormbringer [ - ] (1422 words)
(Sorry for the wait. Had writer's block.) Everyone's recovering from their own personal tragedies.



16. It All Leads Up To This by Stormbringer [ - ] (1500 words)
(This is what I would say is a filler. Ideas are not coming easily for me for this story, so I won't be updating for a while. Anyway...) Was everything really Lily's fault?



17. Obviously Not by Stormbringer [ - ] (2038 words)



18. More Than Apologies by Stormbringer [ - ] (1367 words)
(I am the worst person alive! I have not updated since...gosh, I don't know when! So sorry! This chapter's very short, but hopefully some people will read it.) James has decided that he must redeem himself--slowly but surely--to get to Lily's heart. The question is: How?



19. Perhaps You Can't Know Everything by Stormbringer [ - ] (2858 words)
While the four girls help heal their friend, Lily has her suspicions about what James is up to, but is unable to tell whether his intentions are good or bad.



20. Is It Pride Or Prejudice? by Stormbringer [ - ] (1156 words)
(I think this might be the last chapter. I'm sorry for the wait!) Lily's and James's pride might've kept them apart, but can it also bring them together?