Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Halifax Triplet by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Part one! I don't own the lyrics, Our Last Dance. Halifax does and they rock for it. JK Rowling owns the awesome characters.

Please listen to me October
Things will be a little different
Things will be a little different
This September now when nights are long
Let me have this one last dance
She leads me out of the room
She leads me out of the room


It was Bill’s wedding reception. People were dancing and laughing all around. Even Ron and Hermione stood arm in arm swaying to the music. However, only two seemed to be completely miserable. On one side of the dance floor stood a beautiful redheaded woman. She continually threw the other, a dark-haired handsome man, longing sad looks. He stared pointedly in the other direction and pretended not to notice. She slowly waked over to him. He made no acknowledgment of her present until she spoke.

“Harry?” she finally addressed him.

He didn’t quite meet her eyes when he replied, “Hi.”

She looked away again, unsure about what else to say. “Would you like to dance?” she asked suddenly.

“They can see,” he said, barely moving his lips.

“Please-“ she began. It was no longer a request on her part but a command. “Let’s go out into the hall, where no one can see. It won’t hurt.”

He hesitated before taking her hand and following her out.

Get me up and get me moving
I wanna do this one more time before I
go on the road tonight
I’m going on the road tonight
get me up and get me moving
I wanna do this one more time before I
go on the road tonight
I’m going on the road tonight


He slowly put his hands on her waists and held her close.

“Ginny-“ he began uncertainly.

“Is it true then?” she interrupted. “I heard Hermione mention- Are you really leaving?”

He nodded in response. Her face remained impassive, but her grip on his shoulders tightened considerably.

“We’re leaving tomorrow, as soon as possible.”

“Why?”

“I have to end this. I’m going to kill Voldemort so that I can finally live my life.”

She said nothing for a moment. Their pointless dancing slowed to a stop.

“I love you,” she whispered finally. Harry stared in shock. Her words echoed in his head like a broken record. “Please say something,” she begged.

He pulled his gaze away and murmured, “No-“.

Silence rang through the hall as she struggled to comprehend what Harry meant.

“No- what?” she asked, pleadingly.

“NO!” Harry yelled, pushing away forcefully. “NO! You weren’t supposed to fall in love. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. We weren’t- I wasn’t-“ he stammered, struggling with his words. Ginny’s eyes were wide.

“NO!” he screamed again, before turning on his heels and running away. Ginny stared for a moment. She had been so strong until now, that is until tears fell freely from her eyes. Minutes later, she tore after him.

You’re caught You’re all the same
now I never knew I never remembered your name
the walls are closing in
my cigarette is getting smaller
the air is getting thin
it doesn’t seem like there’s much room to do
to do


Get me up and get me moving
I wanna do this one more time before I
go on the road tonight
I’m going on the road tonight
get me up and get me moving
I wanna do this one more time before I
go on the road tonight
I’m going on the road tonight


Ginny swore loudly. She cursed their large house, which provided Harry so many places to flee to. She cursed the crowds for holding her up. She cursed Harry for being so stubborn. She cursed herself and her own emotions for showing themselves. He found out that she loved him and fled the night before he was leaving to kill the darkest wizard in centuries. She could have laughed at the irony if she wasn’t already choking on her tears. It won’t hurt- Had she known just how much she was hurting now beforehand, she never would have said those words. Tears burned at her eyes and throat. “I love you, Harry,” she screamed, hoping that wherever he was hiding, he would hear. “I love you, and I DON’T CARE! I don’t care what dangers it puts me in, but I can’t help how I feel.” She fell to the ground, unable to control herself.

How in the world could this ever happen
face down its happening all again
How in the world could this ever happen
How in the world could this ever happen now
How in the world could this ever happen
face down its happening all again
How in the world could this ever happen
How in the world could this could this could this


Harry buried her face in his hands. Ginny wasn’t supposed to love him. She was supposed to be strong and get over him. They weren’t supposed to be so serious. He thought it was going to be simple and carefree. Worst off, he wasn’t supposed to love her back. He wasn’t supposed to think of her constantly or long to stroke her fiery red hair. He wasn’t supposed to be this upset when he ended it. He knew that it would happen. He wasn’t supposed to dream constantly of taking her back. The words that she said when she asked him to dance echoed in his head. “It won’t hurt.” He laughed bitterly on the inside. It hurt so badly when he pushed her away. He missed her so much, but he was doing this for her sake. His self-control broke, however, when he heard her sob. He hesitantly came out of his hiding place. “Ginny-“ he tried to begin, but she approached him with a blazing tear-stained face, raised her arm and slapped him.

“I LOVE YOU,” she screamed. “Why can’t you say anything?”

“I-I can’t love you,” he spluttered. Ginny sobbed for a minute before she came to her senses. He began to apologize, but she didn’t want to listen. She kissed him hard. As she did, he melted. He encased her in his arms and kissed her back, finally losing his surroundings.

Get me up and get me moving
I wanna do this one more time before I
go on the road tonight
I’m going on the road tonight
get me up and get me moving
I wanna do this one more time before I
go on the road tonight
I’m going on the road tonight


Listen to me October
Things will be a little different
Things will be a little different
This September now when nights are long
Let me have this one last dance
She leads me out of the room
She leads me out of the room
She leads me out of the room
She leads me out of the room


“Er- Harry,” Hermione murmured through the door. “We’re leaving in fifteen minutes.”

Harry jumped up, swearing angrily. He jumped toward his drawers and made to change out of his dress robes from the previous night.

“Harry, please,” she said suddenly. He gasped, having forgotten she was there. She looked tired and miserable. “Let’s just finish our dance.”

Harry smiled half-heartedly and pulled her close, just as he had only hours before. They swayed slowly in the musicless silence.

“I still love you,” she whispered.

“I er- I” he stared at her the same way that he had last night.

“I got to go,” and he took off- again.

Five minutes later, she choked back tears as she dragged her feet down into the kitchen.

“Where were you all night?” she heard Ron ask Harry. She stood outside the door.

“In our room,” she heard him reply, “with Ginny.”

Her brother growled angrily, even as Harry insisted, “We didn’t do anything.”

It was obvious that Ron didn’t believe him when he replied, “Whatever.”

She heard Harry sigh, “We’re just friends.”

Ginny felt her heart break all over again when his words reached her ears. Tears were still falling as she waved them off.

“Goodbye, Harry,” she whispered into the wind as they disapparated. “Be safe, my Love.”

A/N:Okay, so let's get this straight. Harry was still wearing his robes, so before I get flamed, they didn't do anything dirty (sikkos), sorry about that. Its physically impossible for me to keep a straight face for very long. Hope you like part one. If you do, check out my other fics!