Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Cliché Nation by just_the_contrary

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
We are graceful, we are lovely
We are smart and caring too
Can’t forget drop-dead gorgeous
We are never sad and blue

Of course we have feelings
But we never get too sad
We always make things better
Around us, things are never bad!

Our long, thick hair is lustrous
Our eyes twinkle in the sunlight
We don’t need to study to get good grades
We party ‘till the twilight!

You aren’t as good as us
Or you would be here too
We are the best of all the students
We are Sparklypoo!


The perfect girls clapped their hands and cheered as the perfect guys smiled from the couches of the Sparklypoo common room. They laughed and flipped their long, perfectly coloured (naturally) hair around.

“Who wants to party?” giggled a girl named Midnight Song.

“We do!” chorused the entire population of Sparklypoo.

“No, we can’t,” said a crestfallen Platinum Harmony. “We have class in a minute.”

“Alright, everyone to class!” Midnight chirped.

The Sparklypoos drifted off to their respective classes. Midnight, Platinum, and their seventh-year classmates all went to the third floor for Charms with the Gryffindors. On the way, they met some Ravenclaw first-years.

“Hello,” one of them said, his eyes wide. He was short with messy brown hair.
“Honey, you don’t have to be worried. I won’t hurt you. Although I am perfect,” Platinum added as an afterthought.

“How do you know what I’m thinking?” asked the small boy nervously.

“Because I’m a natural Legilimens,” responded Platinum. “And Occlumens, and I’m ten years ahead of most people in school, and I’m extraordinarily beautiful, and I’m an Animagus, and a Metamorphagus.”

“Well, got to go!” said Midnight happily. They strode down the hall to class.

“Today, we will be doing Protean Charms!” Professor Flitwick squeaked. “Who knows what they are?”

All of the Sparklypoos raised their hands. Hermione Granger did also.

“Yes, Miss Song?”

“A Protean Charm is a complicated N.E.W.T level charm that can change the appearance of an object,” recited Midnight.

“Very good, exactly what it is!” clapped Flitwick excitedly. “Now, everyone point their wands at the coin in front of you and say, Proteaneus!”

Each of the Sparklypoos did the charm flawlessly. Hermione did too.

“Oh, Hermione!” Ron said. “You did the charm perfectly!”

“Yes, I did,” Hermione said, smiling.

“You look so beautiful,” Ron admired. “Ever since you got that miraculous beauty makeover over the summer and got your hair dyed blonde, you have been the most beautiful girl in the school. I am blinded by your supreme prettiness.”

“Oh, thank you,” replied Hermione. “Have I ever mentioned that I am deeply in love with you?”

“No, you haven’t,” Ron said thoughtfully. “Oh well. I love you too, ‘Mione!”

“NO ONE EVER CALLS HER ‘MIONE!” yelled Harry from the next seat. “I AM EXTREMELY ANGRY RIGHT NOW, SO IF YOU ANNOY ME AGAIN I’LL HAVE TO HEX YOU!”

“Goodness, Harry, you’re always angry,” said Ron.

“NO I’M NOT!” Harry then stood up on his seat. “I AM VERY ANGSTY RIGHT NOW SO PLEASE DON’T INSULT ME! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF VOLDEMORT TRIED TO KILL YOU EVERY FIVE MINUTES?”

Ron wasn’t listening because he was busy snogging Hermione.

~*~

“Class, listen up!” commanded Professor McGonagall. The seventh-year Gryffindors and Slytherins were having Transfiguration together. “Tomorrow evening, we will be having a Masquerade Ball!”

“Oh, that’s nothing new, we always have masquerade balls,” said Ron disappointedly. “I thought it was something interesting.”

“So get your costumes, because it will be fun. Come alone so we can all dance with each other without knowing who we’re dancing with! Maybe someone will fall in love while not realizing the person he or she falls in love with is their most hated enemy! So anyway, let’s do some Transfiguring of hippopotamuses…”

~*~

Hermione donned her new silver mask and large, puffy gown that made her look like a pink fairy princess. It was nearly impossible to tell it was her, because she had hidden all her new good looks and straight blonde hair under her silver mask.

She entered the Great Hall and immediately spied a boy standing alone near a table. He was wearing old-fashioned style robes, and his mask looked faintly like a pirate. Hmmm.

She walked over to him, and they started dancing.

“Oh, mysterious fair lady, you are so beautiful,” the unknown boy said. He had a strong, drawling voice but Hermione couldn’t quite place it. He had a few wisps of platinum blonde hair poking out of the top of his mask.

“How do you know I am beautiful if you don’t know who I am?” she asked.

“Because I can tell,” he responded. “You are just so beautiful. I am astounded by this sudden attraction I feel for you.”

They danced closer. They danced for the whole night until they were the only ones left dancing. Even though she was tired from dancing for so long, Hermione was still very much excited by her new love interest.

“Mysterious woman, I fear that we must leave this Hall,” the boy said. “But I have one last thing for you before I leave.”

“What is that?” asked Hermione.

“This,” he said.

He brought her closer and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around him, savouring his extremely good kiss.

“Goodbye,” he said, waving as he left the Great Hall.

~*~

Harry was angry, as always. He had come to the Great Hall for breakfast only to find they were not serving sausages that day. He wanted sausages!

“I WANT SAUSAGES!” he told everyone in the Great Hall. He climbed up onto the wooden bench. “WHY ARE THERE NO SAUSAGES? I FIGHT VOLDEMORT, WHO YOU ARE ALL SO SCARED OF, SO WHY CAN’T I GET THE BREAKFAST OPTIONS I WANT? I AM SO ANGRY!”

“Harry, calm down,” Ron said in between snogging Hermione.

“NO, I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!” he yelled. “YOU JUST SHUT UP, RON. YOU DISGUST ME, SNOGGING YOUR GIRLFRIEND IN PUBLIC, YOU “ ”

“Harry?”

Harry looked down to see a smiling Ginny. He quickly got down off the bench and stood eye-level to her.

“Harry, please don’t yell,” she said in a soft voice.

“Sorry,” he replied quietly.

“Harry, I know I’ve been going out with twenty other guys this year, but I’ve decided to drop them all because… I love you. What do you say?”

“Oh, Ginny!” he cried, throwing his arms around her. “I’m ecstatic! I’ve loved you ever since the moment I laid eyes on you at the Burrow. I love you.”

“Great!” Ginny cried happily. She grabbed his suddenly extremely muscular arms and stood on tiptoe.

Harry looked into her eyes, and she brought her face closer to his. They paused for a moment, and kissed.