Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Cliché Nation by just_the_contrary

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The sun was setting over the hills, with grey fog closing in on Hogwarts Castle. The grounds were green with bits of snow left over from the last snowfall, and students were milling around, watching a… no, it couldn’t be!

It was a bird!

It was… hippo?

No! It was a large flying subway car!

Harry’s eyes opened wide, for they were closed from kissing Ginny, his new girlfriend. Every student on the grounds watched as the subway car came exceedingly quickly to a stop.

Dumbledore arrived, magically Apparating on the Hogwarts Grounds even though that’s impossible, and put his wand to his neck to magnify it.

“Students!” he said. “There is a new student joining us today!”

The trio and Ginny swivelled around to see who it was.

A girl stepped out. She was quite pretty, and she was wearing long purple robes that contrasted with her yellow hair.

“Hi,” she said, smiling and waving at the Hogwarts crowd.

“Why don’t you introduce yourself?” Dumbledore asked.

“I’m Keighley Harris,” she said. “I’m seventeen years old and I’m from Manhattan, New York.”

“Where’s that?” asked Ron in a whisper.

Keighley surveyed the blank-looking students. “It’s in America,” she informed them. “Can’t you tell by my New York accent?”

“Oh, of course,” said Ron. Then he went back to kissing Hermione quite passionately, as they were in love.

“STOP LOOKING AT ME!” cried Harry angstily. “KEIGHLEY, I DON’T KNOW IF THEY HAVE MANNERS BACK IN NEW YORK, BUT IT’S RUDE TO STARE AT SOMEONE! WE ALL KNOW I DEFEAT VOLDEMORT EVERY WEEK ON FRIDAYS. YES, I HAVE A SCAR. PLEASE STOP STARING!”

“Oh, I’m so misunderstood!” cried Keighley, burying her face in her hands as she ran up to the Hogwarts castle.

“While we’re all here,” said Dumbledore loudly, “I would just like to announce one more thing. You all may have wondered why we don’t have a Head Girl or Boy. Well, I forgot to pick them. But that’s not the point “ my announcement is that our new Head Girl is Hermione Granger and our new Head Boy is Draco Malfoy!”

The Hogwarts students burst into applause. Hermione was standing still with a look of utter horror on her face and Draco, for some reason, was smirking uncontrollably.

“So Miss Granger and Mr. Malfoy can go pack up their belongings and move into our new Head dorms!” finished Dumbledore.

Ron was fuming. He walked up to Malfoy and punched him in the eye.

“Hey!” said Draco in a drawling voice. “I would punch you back, but I have a newfound personality and am suddenly sweet and caring. For this reason I will not retaliate.”

Ron looked dumbfounded, probably because he didn’t understand what ‘retaliate’ meant. “I see,” he said slowly, before going back to snogging Hermione.

“I REPEAT,” yelled Harry. “I DON’T LIKE IT WHEN YOU SNOG LIKE THAT IN PUBLIC! GOODNESS, DON’T YOU LISTEN TO “ “

Harry was cut off by Ginny kissing him.

~*~


Hermione stepped into her new Head dorm. It was large, with a spacious landing and a door on either side marked ‘Head Girl’ and ‘Head Boy’. She promptly dragged her trunk through the door marked ‘Head Girl’.

“Hey, Granger.”

Hermione turned around. Standing in her doorway was none other than Draco Malfoy, smirking and wearing deliciously tight leather pants.

“Hi,” she said coldly, turning back to her trunk.

“Come on, Granger,” he drawled. “Now that I have a newfound personality and am no longer a mean, insulting jerk, can’t I confess my true feelings without you turning away?”

Hermione turned around cautiously. “True feelings?”

“Yes,” said Draco, stepping in and enclosing her hands in his. “Hermione, I love you. I have been in love with you for years now.”

Hermione made no move to remove her hands from him. “I love you too, Draco… but what about Ron?” She gazed into the grey orbs that were Draco’s eyes.

“It’s okay,” said Draco, leaning in and grasping her silky blonde hair. “We’ll worry about that later.”

Draco leaned in further and kissed her. Hermione returned the kiss, melting into it so passionately.

And with that, Hermione realised that Draco was the boy she had danced with at the Masquerade Ball.

~*~



The next morning, the Gryffindors, Slytherins and Sparklypoos had Potions together. They were making Time-Turning Potions.

Hermione stirred the potion as she got more and more frustrated with Harry, Ron and Draco all staring at the Sparklypoo girls.

“Stop staring!” said, turning around quickly.

Suddenly, the room started to spin. Hermione realised that the Time-Turning Potion had sprayed all over her, Ron and Harry. The floor was falling out from underneath her; the picture in front of her eyes was spiralling…

Suddenly, she fell to the ground. Ron and Harry were beside her. Ron randomly sat up and kissed her passionately.

“WHERE ARE WE?” asked Harry loudly. “THIS IS MAKING ME ANGRY!”

“We’re back in time!” breathed Hermione, taking a short break from snogging Ron.

Harry saw something out of the corner of his eye. It was… his father!

~*~


“Hey, Evans!” James called out to a gorgeous, red-haired girl. “Will you go out with me?”

“Of course not,” she said coldly, turning around.

“Bad luck, James,” said Sirius, lifting his head to wink at a passing girl. She blushed and fainted. “Maybe, while you’re making your rounds as Head Boy and Girl tonight, you could make a move on her.”

“Maybe,” said James uncertainly. “Anyway, what about you?”

“Well, I dumped Annie yesterday because she was boring,” Sirius answered, brushing his elegant, straight black hair back. Another girl in the vicinity fainted. “So I’ll ask another one.”

With this, he stood up, sauntering around until he walked confidently up to one pretty girl.

“Hey, gorgeous,” he said suavely. He put a strong hand around her waist.

“Hi,” she said with a smile, struggling to stay on her feet while her knees buckled beneath her.

He leaned down and kissed her. All the girls surrounding him gasped.

Sirius finished the kiss, smiled, and walked away, leaving a trail of semi-conscious girls behind him.

~*~


“Lily?”

“What?”

James and Lily were making their Head rounds at night. James was nervous, but determined to make her like him.

“Your eyes… they’re really beautiful.”

“Really?” she asked.

“Yes,” James answered, nearing her. “Very beautiful… just like you.”

James pushed her gently up against the wall. “You can’t deny it any longer, can you?” he asked cockily.

“No,” Lily answered. “I can’t. I’m in love with you, James!”

James kissed her passionately. “I’ll always love you, Lily.”


Around the corner, Peter wet his pants with excitement.