Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

True Love Waits by Narwen3

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I'll update more once school starts, I promise!
Over the next month, Harry and Kyla went on several more dates. They were always casual affairs and Harry grew to be very fond of her. She wasn't like Ginny who could sparkle and shine at one second and blow up at the next. However, she was sweet and endearing and Harry decided that at Halloween, he would introduce Kyla to his family.

In the early afternoon of the thirty-first, Harry knocked on Kyla's door. "Wow," he said, as she opened it. "You look great."

Her blonde hair was piled carelessly on her head with strands hanging down over her ears. Her dress robes were a soft pink, accenting her dark blue eyes.

"Thanks," she said laughing. "I'm a little nervous."

"Don't be," Harry said, taking her arm. "They can't wait to meet you."

They disapparated with a pop, reappearing a second later at the Burrow.

When they walked into the building, they heard Mrs. Weasley yelling from the kitchen. Kyla glanced about nervously.

"George Weasley, if you step into this kitchen one more time with one of those wands I WILL MURDER YOU!"

George came skidding into the hallway, red-faced and panting.

"Hey, Harry, mate," he said cheerfully. "Have a nice trip?" He glanced at Kyla and grinned. "Enchanted to make your acquaintance," he added gallantly, then went running off again.

Kyla looked bewildered as they entered the kitchen. Mrs. Weasley had her back to them.

"George, so help me-" she whipped her wand out and spun around.

"Oh! Harry dear, how nice to see you. And this must be Kyla." She reached out and pulled them both into a warm hug.

"Harry has told us so much about you. You must be exhausted after your match this morning, why don't you join the family in the parlor."

"Actually, Mrs. Weasley, if you need a hand-"

"That's sweet of you dear, but I've got this under control. Harry, why don't you show her in."

Harry shrugged and lead Kyla down the hallway. They stopped at the door when they heard arguing voices.

"We have to invite them, Ron! They'll feel absolutely crushed if we don't!"

"No, Hermione. I don't want them and all their gossiping and giggling!"

As Harry opened the door, they saw Hermione and Ron sitting on opposite sides of the room arguing, while everyone else looked amused.

"Planning the wedding?" Harry asked, walking in.

"Harry, thank goodness you're here. Tell Ronal how terribly Lavendar and Parvati will feel if we don't invite them!"

"No, Hermione! If you invite them, I won't go!"

"Hollow threat, Ron, you can't not come to your own wedding."

"Hey Ron," Harry said, bitterly. "If I were you, I'd let her do what she wants and be thankful you have her."

Kyla looked away and Ron looked ashamed. Harry cleared his throat awkwardly. "Everyone, this is Kyla Thomas."

"Hello," Penny said from a rocking chair in the corner. "It's so nice to meet you."

Harry pointed to people around the room. "That's Fleur, she's Bill's wife. There's Penny and her daughter Janey. You know Angelina, Lara and Lacey. Hermione and Ron." He looked around. "Where's Fred?"

"I put him to work," Angelina siad. "He's helping George and his dad set up tables and Charlie and Tonks are running late. They didn't want to wake Remus from his nap."

"I can't say that I blame them," Penny added. "It's tough with a baby. How much longer is it for you, Fleur?"

"Four months," said Fleur. "It eez vairy 'ard to wait, but I don't look forward to 'aving to lose my sleep, either." She nudged Bill. "I'll just let Bill take care of ze baby at night."

Bill laughed and leaned forward. "You see, Ron, this is what you have to look forward to."

"Tell me about it," Ron said with a pained expression. "It's started now." He glanced over at Hermione. "I'm already being bossed around."

Everyone laughed as Hermione pretended to look offended.

"Are you okay?" Harry whispered to Kyla. "This kind of takes some getting used to."

She responded enthusiastically. "I'm fine. I love your family, they're great!"

"Well, we're not related, but they're better than the family I've got."

Suddenly, Hermione stood behind Harry. "Can I talk to you alone?" she whispered in his ear.

Excusing himself, he followed her to the hall. "What's up?" he asked.

"I've got a letter from Ginny for you." She held it out and he opened it eagerly.

Dear Harry, I hear you've been worried about me. I'm doing fine, and I'm happy. I know that they told you about Blake. Harry, he's really a great guy. You'll be able to meet him soon. I'm bringing him back to the Burrow for Christmas.

I can imagine that you were worried about my visions. To put your mind at rest, I haven't had any. Not one. I don't know why, but I guess that with Voldemort gone, there's not as much bad happening.

I'll see you at Christmas, love Ginny.


Harry looked up from the letter. "She says she's happy."

"And you don't believe her?"

"I don't know what to believe." Harry folded the letter and turned to go back to the parlor.

"Fight."

Harry turned. "What?"

"Fight for her, then. If you believe that you're the only one she'll be happy with, then fight for her love!"

"No!" Harry yelled, crumpling the letter. "I'm finished with her. I've done what you all have asked! I've moved on! I have Kyla now, I can't chase Ginny anymore!" He stopped suddenly.

"They heard that, didn't they?" he asked quietly, glancing at the door.

Hermione shook her head. "I cast a silencing charm while you were reading. Just to be safe."

Harry swore loudly, then returned to the parlor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, Kyla," Mr. Weasley leaned towards her. "What do you know about Muggles?"

"Muggles?" she questioned with a laugh. "I'm afraid I don't know much."

"Pity." Mr. Weasley looked disappointed. "Well, what does your father do?"

"He's the head of the American Branch of Gringotts. We were transferred here two years ago. He's going back to America in a couple weeks, around Christmas."

"I didn't know that," Harry said. "Will you be returning to America as well?"

"No, I"m not leaving," Kyla said. "The Cannons still need me here. We've gotten to the playoffs!"

"What a great job to get right out of school," Ron said.

"It's not as important as being an Auror and saving the world, but-"

"On the contrary," Angelina stated. "The Games and Sports Department feels that Quidditch is important for morale."

"It's just as important as what we're learning to do," Harry said. "Don't sell yourselves short."

Their conversation was interrupted as Charlie and Tonks arrived. Mrs. Weasley stood to pick up Remus who laughed, his moon-grey eyes sparkling as she hugged him close.

"Why don't you two take a seat," she suggested. "Get something to eat, I'll take care of my grandbaby." Then for Kyla's benefit, she added, "This is my son, Charlie, his wife Tonks, and this little charmer is Remus." She nuzzled his cheek and he giggled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Thank you for opening up your home to me, Mrs. Weasley," Kyla said, giving her a hug as they prepared to leave. "It's been a wonderful day, and dinner was fantastic!"

"Thank you dear," Mrs. Weasley replied. "You're welcome at our home any time." She moved on to Harry.

"Dear, it's been lovely to see you." She pulled him into a hug as well. "Bring her back for Christmas," she whispered.

"I will," he said, then went to pick up Janey who had toddled over. He tossed her into the air and caught her, giggling on the way down as Penny turned the corner.

"There you are," she scolded. "How many times, Janey, you don't run away from Mummy." She took the three year old from Harry.

"You certainly have a way with kids," she said. "These little ones absolutely adore you."

Harry shrugged. "I guess we better get going." He took Kyla's hand, not noticing the pained expressionson Mr. and Mrs. Weasleys faces.

"Goodbye you two," Mr. Weasley said. "Have a safe trip."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When they had gone, Mrs. Weasley turned to her husband. "She's a dear, sweet girl, Arthur and I can see that she's been good for Harry."

Mr. Weasley raised an eyebrow. "But?" he pressed, following her as she headed to the kitchen and began tidying up.

"I just can't shake the feeling that he's meant to be my son," she said, clearing food from the counter with a wave of her wand. "I know he still cares for Ginny."

"Molly, Ginny and Harry have moved on."

"Arthur, you should see some of the letters I get from her." Mrs. Weasley turned to face her husband. "She always wants to know how Harry is doing and as much as he likes Kyla, Harry hasn't been able to forget about Ginny."

"Dear, just let them figure it out on their own."

"They have such a special bond," she went on. "You know that I see Harry as my own son, but one day that won't be enough. He'll leave us, feeling as if he'd overstayed his welcome but if-"

Mr. Weasley placed his hands on his wife's shoulders.
"They'll figured it out. As far as I know, he's been the only one who can help her when she's having a vision. I'm just thankful that she hasn't had any this year."

Mrs. Weasley nodded. "From what Ron and Hermione have said, they're really bad."

Mr. Weasley put an arm around her as she started to cry. "Out daughter is part of a world we know nothing about. I've never even seen her have a vision. If one happens at school, she'll be all alone. I feel so helpless!"

Gently, Mr. Weasley smoothed back her hair. "Molly, our little girl is growing up and we can't stop it. She's becoming a very powerful witch."

Mrs. Weasley nodded. "We're losing her."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I had a wonderful time with you tonight," Kyla said, unlocking the door to her apartment.

"I'm glad you like them," Harry smiled.

"Your family? They're perfect. I always wished I could have lots of siblings and nieces and nephews." Kyla sighed.

"You have a brother, don't you?"

"Yeah, that's Will, but he's living in America and he doesn't plan on seeing me anytime soon."

Harry was puzzled. "Why wouldn't he?"

Kyla looked uncomfortable. "I don't like to talk about it, but I-"

Harry interrupted. "You don't need to feel obligated to tell me."

Kyla shook her head. "No, it's alright, really. When my parents divorced, Mom took Will and Dad took me. I haven't seen Will in ten years. We send each other the occasional birthday card, but you can't really call us family." Kyla shrugged. "I guess we don't try very hard. Now, can I ask you a question?"

Harry smiled. "Sure."

"You must promise to answer honestly as I did for you."

"I promise."

Kyla took a deep breath. "What happened between you and Ginny?"

Harry closed his eyes. "I don't-"

"I was honest with you."

Harry smiled. "I should have known that would come back to haunt me. I don't really know what went wrong. At the end of June, I proposed. Right after graduation."

"So that's where you two went!" Kyla exclaimed.

"Yeah," Harry replied, sadly. "Ron proposed to Hermione the same night. The only difference is Hermione said yes."

"And Ginny said no," said Kyla, quietly. "Harry, I'm so sorry. Do you still love her?"

Harry shook his head. "It's irrelevant. Besides, I already answered your question."

Kyla laughed. "Fair enough, Harry. I'll see you tomorrow."
She turned to go into the apartment.

"Kyla?"

She stopped. "Yes?"

In one swift moment, he'd drawn her close and kissed her softly on the lips. Her eyes betrayed her surprise when he pulled back.

"Good night," Harry said, backing away and disapparating.

"Good night, Harry." Kyla touched her lips and smiled as she shut the door behind her.




I don't have much to say, just gonna give you a spoiler.

"You really love Harry, don't you."