Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The End of All Ends by hp_fanfic_chick

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Mr. and Mrs. Granger sat down holding Hermione’s hand, looking at her as if everything was perfectly fine and she was only sleeping at night.

The Healer walked into Room 101, and looked up to see the Grangers sitting next to the bed. The muggle clothes they wore explained their background. He looked at them and grieved by their lack of knowledge on the Unforgivable Curses. He looked into their eyes, and sighed. "Hermione is not well as you can see," he started.



Ron looked up at his mother who sobbed as she held Ginny close to her chest. She nodded her head, confirming the awful thought that his father was dead. His father had died. He stood there motionless, unable to move or speak. Everyone knew that being in the Order was a risky business, and everyone knew that anyone was capable of dying, but never before did he ever think that it would be his family. Never did he think that it would affect his family above all other people.

He stared at his mum who looked down at Arthur and she started to break out in screams.

"NO! This wasn’t supposed to happen to you, Arthur! You are supposed to be here, telling me everything is going to be alright. You are supposed to be here to tell the children that Charlie was stunned, but should be fine!" Molly screamed, breaking down into a mere whisper, as Bill walked over to her to stop her screams from the other families in the room, who were all grieving that their loved one was in St. Mungo’s.

"He knew I didn’t like the Order. He knew that this was my fear, that I never wanted to find him dead. He knew that this was my worst fear, Bill. But he continued it anywise," she sobbed.



Professor Trelawney ran into St. Mungo’s, desperate to talk to someone, anyone about Harry. She was lost and confused, but needed to find someone. She needed to tell them this desperate piece of information. Professor Trelawney had passed out in her office before the battle had even begun. She had passed out the instant she heard the warning bell signal the attack, and the vision she had, oh, it was much worse than she ever imagined.



Lavender hugged all of the second years near by as she moved to another couch, and laid her head down. Her boyfriend had fought, she thought. She could only wonder the fate of her friends, and her fellow classmates. She wondered where all the other safe students were. Why was the common room still empty?

Parvati came and sat by Lavender’s head. "Lavender, you are braver than any other girl at this school."

"No, I am not. Every girl who fought downstairs is braver than I am," Lavender said, a tear slipping down her face.

Parvati leaned down, "No, you will always remain to be a true Gryffindor, Lavender. You will. You show more valor and courage beyond anyone I know."

"Parvati, shut it!" Lavender said as she frowned.

But Parvati continued, "You really are Lavender."

"I SAID SHUT IT! You think I am brave, well I am not! Alright? I saw Hermione lying on the floor down there and she looked dead. I saw the Slytherins beating each other up, and caught in the middle were three Gryffindors. I saw Neville huddled in the corner, Death Eaters surrounding him. I saw the Weasleys suffer the illness of TWO of their family members. Parvati, I told you again, you show no dignity if you call me braver than the people down there. If you think I am brave, then everyone is a coward in truth!" she shouted as she got up as the second years stared at her, and the first years squealed and ran back up the Dormitory stairs.



Just when Bill was beginning to think that he was going to die by the squeeze that Molly was hugging him with, Percy, Fred and George had finally arrived at St. Mungo’s, and Molly all hugged them fiercely. Each one taking close notice to the tears, and their father lying on the bed.

"Your father," she whispered but struggled to continue, "your father...your father has passed." They all had horrible faces of dread, as they took the new meaning of her hug.



Trelawney had run down the halls, asking for Potter. Many of the witches and wizards all looked at her as if she was insane, as a few Healers pointed her in the right direction. Her spectacles thickly gazing through the halls as she finally reached the door. She burst through it, looking carefully at the beds full of witches and wizards. She finally caught site of Minerva and Remus staring at her. "What happened? Is everything alright?" McGonagall asked.

"Yes. I mean no. I had a vision," Trelawney said miserably.

They both stared at her, and pulled her back out into the hall. The other witches and wizards in the room taking careful observation of the Divinations professor.

"The prophecy, you have heard the prophecy," Trelawney whispered, her eyes staring at the old witch and werewolf wizard. Her gaze though, seemed to look right through them.

McGonagall shook her head yes, but Lupin still had no idea what Prophecy they were talking about.

Sibyll Trelawney took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ... And the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not ... And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives ... The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..." she repeated in a very quiet whisper.

McGonagall nodded her head in concurrence, "She had an interview with Albus," as she his name her voice quivered, "Sybill fell into a trance, and spoke of this Prophecy. Ever since then the Dark Lord has been after Potter."

Sybill's misty voice interrupted Minerva's explanation as she cried out, "It's wrong!"

McGonagall and Lupin quickly stopped in their tracks, and stared at the witch. They inspected her carefully.

McGonagall led them down a hall way and into an empty storage room.

"What do you mean it's wrong? How could it be? You spoke those words yourself before Harry was born. What changed? Prophecy's almost never lie," McGonagall started.

Trelawney stared at her behind her thick rimmed glasses. "Minvera I know, I don't know what happened. Just before he got to Hogwarts, and just as the warning bell sounded, I passed out. I had a terrible vision. It was something I should have suspected, but there is an unwilling power for me to believe that it is still true," Sybill softly said. Her misty voice hypnotizing Lupin and Minerva in a sense of peace.

Lupin finally took his turn to talk, "Then how can you be sure that this last vision is right?"

Sybill looked from Minerva over to Remus, who stood flabbergasted at the news of everything. She shook her head, and her curly bounced with her as leaned against the door, and put her head back.

"Oh, you see, it will not play out as imagined. We have all found that the single defeat lies in Harry Potter alone, and while the boy is You-Know-Who's equal, it will not be him that brings him to his feat," Sybill explained as she inhaled the sent of her perfume and essence sticks that still lingered with her.

Minerva had the same confused face that she had with Remus when he told her that the Dark Lord was still alive.



The Healer took a seat. "Your daughter, Hermione, was hit by a Cruciatus Curse. It was an illegal spell, and is referred to as one of the three Unforgivable Curses. She was also hit by the Imperio Curse, which affected her mental ability as a young witch to defend herself. From reports, the Imperio Curse, first hit your daughter, so that the darkest wizard could gain knowledge of the whereabouts of Harry Potter. When she refused to relay the details of his location, she had undergone the Cruciatus Curse. Both of these spells were cast by the most powerful wizard in the wizarding world, and as a seventeen year old witch, it had a greater affect since she isn’t older." He told them rapidly as they both took in what they were told. Tears fell from Mrs. Granger’s eyes, as she held her daughter’s hand tightly.

"Now, I would suspect that you know a bit about Harry Potter and so forth from what she might have told you. Your daughter is a very strong witch, but she will need quite a bit of time to recover from these spells. Most of the people hit by these spells become permanent residents of St. Mungo’s, but there is something very different about Miss Granger here. We aren’t sure why she isn’t reacting as suspected, but I will let you know everything as I find out," he said as they both nodded their head, as Mrs. Granger leaned into her husband’s jacket and cried out loud. Her voice was echoed by the tears and shouts from other parents, from other children, who had all been sitting next the bed of their own loved ones.



"Sybill, what did you see?" McGonagall asked trying to get some sense of the story.