Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The End of All Ends by hp_fanfic_chick

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Harry couldn’t hide it anymore. He had to fight. He just had to. There were to many people have died, when only he should have. Voldemort had only come to Hogwarts for one reason, to find Harry, and kill him. He would have left afterwards.

Tonks was being brave, telling them that staying in the office was a noble deed. If he ran, not only would he perish, but everyone in the school would encounter a more fatal result as well.

Tonks turned up to the pictures hanging on the walls, “Dumbledore is dead, can you please inform me of what is going on in the Entrance Hall?” Tonks asked calmly. There was a small gasp among the pictures as several scattered out of view. Others started to sulk for their beloved Headmaster.

Harry’s scar was burning as he thought of what the witches and wizards were doing in the Entrance Hall. Where was Hermione?

McGonagall was absolutely amazed this was happening at Hogwarts. Where were the Ministry of Magic officials? They were supposed to be here. They too knew when Hogwarts was going under attack, they should have apparated at the gates and been here by now.

Mad Eye Moody had woken up from his stun, to find himself next to Shacklebolt stunned as well. He revived him, and the two were quickly making their way down the stairs, tripping here and there on stunned and dead students. They were putting the Cruciatus Curse on any Death Eater who passed them.

Ginny following close behind after being held up by a large Death Eater, only stunning a few people on the ground floor as she ran the stairs downwards. She wanted to get to Hermione. McGonagall had joined the plight and quickly stepped past Ginny to gain order with Moody and Shacklebolt. Lupin, Mundungus, Dedalus Diggle were already on the ground floor fighting, while the other members could not be seen from the Order of the Phoenix.

Ginny was thinking even faster, "Hermione is dead, my parents are dead, my brothers are dead, why, why, why, why?" She was asking her self to many questions. As she finally reached the ground floor, her mum grabbed her from the corner, and was crying as she hugged her so tightly. “Honey, go back to the stairs!” she cried, as her father came from the behind, stunning a Death Eater who was approaching them.

“I can’t mum! Hermione!” Ginny said bravely. She hadn’t cried yet, and the site of her mother and father cheered her up. The fact that they were still alive made her happier in such a dreadful place.

“Ron, is in Dumbledore’s office, mum, he isn’t here,” she said as she noticed her mother searching all around. She gave a small sigh of relief.

“Won’t you please join him?” Molly told her daughter.

“I can’t mum, I am needed here. Hermione needs me, McGonagall needs me, the other students need me,” Ginny told her mother.

“But I need you too!” she cried.

“Mum, I will be fine, Stupefy, please, mum!” Ginny said stunning a near by Death Eater.

The Order advanced on the Death Eaters, and some kind of order was restored. They collected as many staff members as they possibly could, and stood straight in a line, all of them cursing one of the three unforgivable curses.

Voldemort was losing, so to buy time, he sent another wave of Dementors into the room. More than the ones before, so he attacked the teachers while they were conjuring patronuses. Not just putting them on the Cruciastus Curse, or the Imperio Curse, but he was killing them. One by one, the line was falling.

Snape stood next to Professor Sprout who had just fallen. Tears were streaming everyone’s eyes by now, as the students could only watch in the small instance, stunning as many as possible within the wand distance. 7th years then called for students to move forward.



Harry sat in the office, scar burning, wand ready, frustrated as the people from the portraits started to talk about the events below. How they even saw Dumbledore’s dead body, and students mixed with Death Eaters lying on the floor, stunned or dead. Some were under the crucio curse, as they twitched nervously in a compulsive manner.

Harry listened to the reports and drowned himself in the sorrrow, but never did he cry. Not once, he couldn’t, if he cried he would give in to Voldemort, this he could not do.

Harry got up and began pacing. Tonks was whispering to herself, and Ron was staring at the ground, tears flooding his mind. “My parents are down there, along with Bill and Charlie, and Ginny,” he was muttering.

Harry looked up at Ron, “Don’t leave Harry! You could get them killed,” Ron cried.

Harry looked up at his friend, “Then fight with me for them.”

Tonk’s eyes grew wide, “Oh no! Harry, you can’t !” she screamed as he opened the door and ran down the steps with Ron on his tail, Tonks screaming at them as she too quickly followed pursuit. Harry and Ron silently turned a corner, though, that Tonks did not.



“Repairo,” shouted Lavender and a large crowd of 2nd years. The door was mended, but the portrait was not. Any real Gryffindor trying to get in wouldn’t be able to since the Fat Lady had left the portrait shrieking. Lavendar, told one of the third years who stayed behind to watch the lines, that she was going to keep an eye outside. “If you hear a knock like this, it means it is me, and it means that you let me in right away. Don’t you dare keep me locked out there.” she told the third year. The third year nodded her head and stood by the portrait hole as Lavender climbed out.



The Order and the Staff were pulling themselves together to try one last blow, and it was working. However, they couldn’t find Voldemort any more, whether he went invisible or whether he left Hogwarts, they all were asking Moody where he was, but he didn’t seem to know either. The disappearance of Voldemort frightened the Death Eaters in that some were even retreating.

Ginny ran to Hermione and held her head up as she saw Dobby running over from the distance, pushing back as many Death Eaters as possible for his to tiny elf hands.

“Is she hurt ma’am?” asked Dobby as he looked from Hermione to Ginny. Ginny shaked her head yes and wanted to scream out and kill Voldemort this instant.

“Is there anything Dobby can do?” he asked, looking down at the pale Hermione.

“Yes, can you get into Dumbledore’s office?” she asked as Dobby nodded his head, “Then tell the paintings, every single one of them, that if they have a portrait in St. Mungo’s tell them that they need to go there and raise the alarm that Hogwarts is being attacked, tell the same thing for the Ministry of Magic. And Dobby, hurry!” she said as the house elf ran as fast his feet could carry him. Tonks came running out when Dobby was running in to that corridor.

She saw that the Order and the Staff were making forward progression, and that almost half of the students who once stood tall and proud were now laying on the floor.

Tonks gasped at the sight of green flashes where people were actually getting killed.



Lavender knocked on the door where the portrait laid empty, and the third year girl opened the door for her. Harry and Ron were the ones to burst through the door though, and frightened several second years into throwing stunning charms at them. Harry bolted through the door up the stairs, and came back with his invisibility cloak as Ron scolded as many of the second years he could at once, and back again they flew out the door.