Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Other Potter by lily_writes

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Remus’ letter sounded really urgent when he asked me to come and see him, Harry thought as he threw on a pair of shoes. What could be so important?

He lit a fire in the empty grate and threw in a pinch of shining, green powder. Not even a minute later, he stepped out of the fireplace and into his father’s friend’s flat. A man sitting in a nearby armchair stood up when he saw Harry.

“Harry, it’s good to see you,” Remus greeted, smiling. “Why don’t we talk over some tea.”

“That’s fine with me,” Harry said.

Remus left for the kitchen and Harry pulled up a chair near Remus’. He came back not too much, carrying two cups.

“I only have tea bags,” Remus told him later, causing Harry to chuckle a little.

“Now, what’s so urgent, Remus?” Harry queried.

Remus put down the cup he was about to drink from.

“Well, Albus left me a letter that I was supposed to give you after Voldemort’s downfall, given that you survived. James had given it to him shortly after you were born,” he explained. He picked up a yellowing piece of parchment from the table next to him and gave it to Harry, which he read.

Dear Harry,
Your mother and I decided to write this in the event of our deaths. When you were born, we had to make one of the most difficult decisions of our lives. Sometime before you were born, we were informed of a prophecy concerning a boy that would be born around the end of July. At the end of July, you were born, and so was your twin sister. We didn’t have many options so Dumbledore suggested we hide her from Voldemort, and consequently from you. A few days ago, a family from France adopted her. It broke our hearts, but we just weren’t ready for two children and we weren’t sure if Voldemort would use her to get at you. When you’re old enough please look for her. Her adopted family, the Camirands, allowed us to name her. Her name is Elizabeth Julie, but we don’t know if she goes by the last name Potter or Camirand. We would go, but, since you have this letter, we cannot. Find her for us and bring her home, Harry.
Your father, James


Harry looked up at Remus in disbelief.

“I have a twin sister?” he asked slowly. “And she lives in France?”

“Yes, James and Lily never told anyone because I didn’t even know until I got that letter,” Remus answered. Then he picked up a second piece of parchment, this one less aged. “I have a letter from her here, it just arrived when I was getting the tea.”

He gave it to Harry, who accepted it with a shaking hand. It was dated from the previous day.

Dear Harry,
Up until a few minutes ago, I had no idea that I had any siblings. Then I found out I was adopted, my real parents are dead, and my twin brother is, of all people, Harry Potter. The people who adopted me, Sophie and Jean-Michel Camirand, are nice and took very good care of me, but now I want to meet my biological family. Could you meet me on the observatory level of the Eiffel Tower tomorrow at two pm? I have copper-colored hair and olive-green eyes. Madame Camirand says I look so much like my mother. I cannot wait to meet you, Harry.
Love, Elizabeth
PS: The Camirands made sure I learned English, both written and spoken.


Harry stared at the letter then at his watch. It was a quarter to two.

“How am I supposed to get to the Eiffel Tower in fifteen minutes?” he inquired.

“You have to Apparate somewhere in Paris or use a Portkey,” Remus told him. “I don’t have a Portkey, so you would have to Apparate to Bois de Boulogne which is the closest you can get to the tower with a good chance of not being spotted by Muggles. Then you’ll have to find a Muggle taxi and take it there.”

“Thanks, Remus,” Harry said, standing up.

“Take care, Harry,” Remus advised. He paused before adding, “Take the letters with you, technically they are yours.”

Harry grinned and Apparated from the flat.

~*~


After the horrible sensation of being squeezed through massive rubber bands had vanished, Harry found himself in an empty clearing in Bois de Boulogne. Following his ears toward the sounds of traffic he found himself on a roadside completely devoid of taxis. Glancing nervously at his watch he saw he had thirteen minutes to get to the Eiffel Tower.

He started to run up the road, knowing deep down inside he was going the right way. A short way along, he stopped, noticing a taxi parked alongside the road. He knocked on the window and the driver rolled it down.

“Can you take me to the Eiffel Tower?” he asked hurriedly. “I have to meet someone there in,” he checked his watch,” seven minutes.”

“Get in,” the driver ordered.

He started the taxi and they were soon taking a side road the driver told him to be Rue du Passy, followed quickly by Avenue du Président Kennedy. Finally, they crossed a short road which crossed the Seine and the driver halted the vehicle in front of the grand structure. Harry paid the driver and climbed out. His watch read 1:57, giving him three minutes. He dashed for the lift, just making it before the doors began to close.

As it ascended, Harry began to feel a little anxious about meeting his sister. The ride up felt as if dragged on for hours, causing him to look at his watch every few seconds to make sure it was working. When the lift finally opened, it was 1:59.

He looked around the observatory level, and then he saw her. A tall girl with long, wavy copper-colored hair was leaning on one of the rails, looking out over the city. As if she sensed his presence, the young woman turned around. When she saw Harry, she smiled widely.

“Hello, Elizabeth,” he greeted.

“‘Ello, ‘Arry,” she said, still smiling.

Without warning, Elizabeth darted up to him and pulled him into a hug.

“Zis is ze best birthday present I ‘ave ever gotten,” she told him quietly.

“Me too, Elizabeth,” Harry answered, hugging her too. “Me too.”