Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Horizon by Koroth

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
AUTHOR'S NOTE

New characters appear in this chapter - and things get heated up as Eric appears. Read on to find out more about this new, interesting character.

Warning For Drinking (Not Abusive)


Chapter 2 “ Eric

Neil stood by the waves, sightseeing, waiting for Asako and the mysterious boy to wake up. Suddenly, his cell phone rang and he picked it up from his pocket.
“Neil here.” responded Neil.
He nodded his head as he listened to the person talking to him.
“Sure, I’ll get there as soon as possible.” Neil hanged up and put his phone back into the pocket.


“Now, what do we have here? Two little boys having a drink… You’re pathetic,” said a man as he walked over to Dan and Jeremy.
“What are you doing here?” Dan asked rudely.
“Be careful Dan…” whispered Jeremy.
“Yes, I would take your little boyfriend’s advice and to be careful of whom you talk to. You don’t want anything dangerous happen to you or your family now would you?” threatened the man.
“Don’t you dare talk about her like that! I know you had something to do with her disappearance!” shouted Dan, standing up and grabbing the man by his tie.
“Let go of the tie,” the man said quietly.
“Eric Evans, the man you wanted to speak to has returned.” announced the assistant, and Dan let the tie loose of his grasp.
Eric took one last look at the two and walked off.
“Come on.” Dan stood up and started walking towards the exit, followed by Jeremy.
“Where are we going?” asked Jeremy.
“I’m bringing you to my place.” ordered Dan.


Asako finally started to stir up a bit and opened her eyes. She stood up, and saw Neil sitting by the rocks.
“How are you doing?” asked Asako.
Neil turned and kissed her on the lips.
“Fine… Hey listen, Asako, Julie wants to see me at her office and if I’m late, I’ll lose the job I’ve been holding onto for a few years.” mentioned Neil. “So, if things come to worse with this kid, you’ll know where to catch me.”
“You have to go now? That means we won’t be able to finish our romantic day!” exclaimed Asako.
“Don’t worry, I’ll be back after I see Julie, okay? I’ll see you later.” Neil waved her goodbye and disappeared into the distance.


Asako started walking back to the mysterious boy, and decided that she would slowly search through his pockets hoping that he would have a wallet, or at least something that could help her identify him.
She found the wallet in the side pocket, and opened it up. It was hard to distinguish, as the papers were ruined by the waters. As she looked through the wallet, not one bit of information could be found; the identity card itself was missing.
The wallet was then placed back safely into the pocket, and Asako’s arm was grabbed by a sudden movement of the boy’s hand.
“What are you doing?” asked the boy.
“I was just looking for your identity card…” muttered Asako.
“It must’ve fallen out when I went into the water. My name is Harry, Harry Potter.” Harry let go of Asako’s arm.
“My name is Asako Kwon… Why were you in the ocean anyways?” wondered Asako.
“Is this the Horizon Beach?” asked Harry, standing up and looking around. “It looks so beautiful in the eyes of a human being.”
“Yes, it is. Are you sure you’re feeling okay? Do you want to go to the hospital?” asked Asako.
“The beach looks so amazing “ better than in the pictures I had seen!” Harry continued to ignore Asako.
“You were looking at pictures? What business do you have here in the Horizon?” asked Asako.
“I wanted to start a new life, a life without pain and death. After hearing two of my best friends were pronounced dead, I wanted to move here “ my dream town.” explained Harry, putting his arms out in the open and walking in circles, looking at the sky.
“I’m so sorry.” responded Asako. “What were their names and how did they die?”
“They were Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger. Their death was in the most unusual way, you would think I’m crazy.” continued Harry, putting his arms back down.
He walked towards her.
“They died a very, horrible, horrible, death.” announced Harry.


“Stay here, Jeremy. I’ll be right back.” instructed Dan, as he walked into his bedroom on the second floor.
Jeremy looked around, and picked up a picture of a young, beautiful looking lady. He turned it over, and there was nothing.


Upstairs, Dan opened his bedside drawer, and took out a small, sharp knife.
“Dan is everything alright?” asked Jeremy, coming up the stairs.
Dan was startled and so he dropped the knife back in and closed the drawer.
“Ah, yes. Why not we head to your house and see how they’re doing?” suggested Dan.
“Alright.” agreed Jeremy.


“Eric Evans, welcome back to Hogwarts. Now, what is it that you wanted say?” asked Dumbledore, sitting in his office chair.
“Well, as you know we are trying terribly hard to cover up minor incidences within the Muggle area but with the new threat coming closer and closer, it is stressing out the Ministry.” explained Eric.
“What do you want?” Dumbledore asked firmly.
“We need your help at the Ministry, help make things less stressed out by leaving Hogwarts.” proposed Eric.
“Then who would be the Headmaster?” continued Dumbledore.
“Do not worry; I will appoint the best of our league. So, will you help us at the Ministry?” asked Eric.
“When I find the time is appropriate, I will leave. But now it is not the time. If you have nothing else to say, then you can make your way out.” responded Dumbledore.


A woman was sitting at her office desk, and then heard a knock on the door.
“Come in.”
The door opened, and Neil appeared.
“Ah, good boy… You showed up on time.” the woman stood up.
“Good afternoon to you too, Julie Evans.” responded Neil. “What did you want to see me for?”
“When will you be able to start working again?” asked Julie.
“Very soon I hope.” replied Neil.
Footsteps were heard coming closer to the room.
“That’ll be all now.” Julie sat back down.
“Mother, I’m going to use the car so I can drive me and my boyfriend Richard to the grand opening they’re having tonight at the new club.”
The footsteps belonged to a lady as she walked in. She looked up from her purse and noticed Neil.
“Neil, welcome back.” the lady hesitated.
“Rachel, it’s good to see you again.” replied Neil.
“Will you be going to the grand opening with Asako tonight?” asked Rachel.
“It depends on how things work out when I go back to see her.” responded Neil.
“Alright then… See you later.” Rachel waved to him as Neil walked out the door.


“So, how did they die exactly?” asked Asako.
“If I had told you, you would think that I’ve gone crazy.” replied Harry.
“No, don’t worry… I won’t laugh, or think you’re crazy… Everyone must die sooner or later.” discussed Asako.
“Okay, I’ll say it then. They died in a house fire…” Harry started to sob a bit.
“Come on! That’s not crazy one bit! Unless that’s not the truth and you’re hiding something...” doubted Asako.
“No, it’s the one and only truth.” Harry continued to sob lightly.
“Why should I believe a total stranger that suddenly appeared on the shore of a beach? For all I know, you could be lying and trying to take advantage of me.” Asako started to talk a bit louder.
“Do you think a guy would start crying after he’s just told some stranger how two of his best friends died?” shouted Harry.
Asako looked scared.
“I’m sorry I shouted… I shouldn’t have really.” Harry sat down.
“Well, I’m sorry that I started to doubt you… So we’re even now?” Asako was interrupted as the sound of a car engine and blinding light appeared in front. Neil stepped out.
“Hey, I’m glad to see you’re okay. My name is Neil Banks, and this is my girlfriend Asako Kwon.” Neil shook hands with Harry.
“Um, sweetie, he already knows my name.” Asako looked at Neil.
“Oh, well then what’s your name?” asked Neil.
“I’m Harry Potter, and you’ve got a pretty good looking girlfriend you have there, Neil.” admitted Harry.
“Ha, ha, ha very funny there… Don’t try it.” Neil said as he pretended to laugh. “So, what business you have here?”
“I think your girlfriend can answer that.” Harry nodded at Asako.
“Yes, but let’s do it when we get back to your place for the night… Right now, I just want to chill, and have a little fun.” Asako started to tickle Neil playfully.
“A new club named The Fairside will be celebrating the night with a grand opening special… Rachel and her boyfriend Richard will be there.’ discussed Neil.
“And so will Miranda and her brother David.” explained Asako.
“Excellent, so if Harry comes with us, it’ll be a perfect six!” Neil turned to look at Harry. “Do you want to come to the club with us? It’ll be an honor to have you with us.”
“You want me… to go with you?” Harry was stunned.
“Yes, and obviously you’re new in town and don’t have any residence or know anyone at all.” continued Neil.
“Alright, sounds good to me!” responded Harry.
“Great! I think we should go now though, come on!” Neil waved for Asako and Harry to get in his car.


David and Miranda sat down at a table for two.
“This club is so amazing; I think it’ll make a big hit.” Miranda waved for a waiter to come by.
“What can I get you?” asked the waiter.
“I’ll have a Sex on the Beach and what do you want David?” asked Miranda.
“I think I’ll go with the Bloody Mary.” replied David.
“All drinks are on the house tonight.” the waiter walked off.
David continued to look around and saw Rachel standing with Richard at the bar.
“I’ll be right back.” David got up and left.
Miranda started to stare at the entrance as people were coming in. Neil, Asako, and Harry walked in. They spotted Miranda sitting alone and came towards her.
“Hey Miranda, this is Harry… Harry, this is Miranda.” introduced Asako.
“Oh hi, who are you?” asked Miranda.
“I came to the Horizon so I could start a new life.” replied Harry.
“I see… Very interesting of you.” responded Miranda.
The waiter came back with the two drinks.
“Here is your Sex on the Beach and your boyfriend’s Bloody Mary.” the waiter looked at the others that just arrived. “Will you like to order anything?”
“No thanks.” replied Asako.
The others nodded in agreement.
“Enjoy the show.” the waiter left.
“Excuse me, everyone may I have your attention here please?” asked the speaker at the microphone.
Everyone in the crowd turned to face the speaker.
“Thank you… Good evening all and my name is Rick Stewart. We have a very huge surprise coming your way! Now, please let us welcome…” started Rick.
There was a drum roll.
“The most popular singer in all of England “ Yoshiko!” shouted Rick.
The lights dimmed as the crowd cheered on. The lights then flashed back on in the blink of an eye, and Yoshiko appeared.
“How you all doing tonight!” shouted Yoshiko.
The crowd screamed louder in excitement.
“Let’s do this.” whispered Yoshiko.
The lights flashed in all directions using different colors. As the introduction to the song was being played, David, Rachel, and Richard came over to where Miranda, Neil, Asako, and Harry were standing.
“Doesn’t Yoshiko just sings the best songs ever?” asked Rachel, as she hanged out with Miranda and Asako.
“Yeah, and he’s totally cute!” Miranda giggled. “Hey David, your Bloody Mary is here.”
“Thanks.” David took a sip from his glass.
“Hey Richard, how’s it going with you and Rachel?” asked Neil.
“Everything is going alright… I’m not sure about her though. We haven’t been having our frequent talks lately. I don’t know why.” admitted Richard.
“Well, it’s good to hear that you’re getting along with her.” Neil jokingly said.
“By the way guys, this is Harry Potter. Harry, this is Rachel, David, and Richard. We found Harry at the beach today.” announced Asako.
“You found him? How can you just find a person?” Rachel took a sip from her glass.
“Um, well… He just appeared unconscious on the shore…” continued Asako.


“Judging by the way Harry looks at Asako, I’d say he have feelings for her.”
Eric was watching the group of six at the club on his monitor screens.
“Luckily they don’t pose a threat to the Evans Empire Estate, isn’t that right, Mr. Evans?” the assistant asked, as she was massaging Eric’s shoulders.
“I didn’t ask you for your opinion. You are lucky that you’ve been loyal to me these past few years, or else you wouldn’t be named Mrs. Fiona Evans.” announced Eric, and he laughed aloud.