Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Horizon by Koroth

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
On The Previous Horizon:

+ “Don’t you dare talk about her like that! I know you had something to do with her disappearance!” shouted Dan, standing up and grabbing the man by his tie.

+ “Is this the Horizon Beach?” asked Harry, standing up and looking around. “It looks so beautiful in the eyes of a human being.”

+ “This club is so amazing; I think it’ll make a big hit.” Miranda waved for a waiter to come by.



Chapter 3 “ New Introductions, New Beginnings


As Luna moved around in her bed, she tried to sleep but couldn’t. She then woke up with a start, and saw an owl at her bedroom window. She opened it, took the letter, thanked the owl, and started to read the letter as the owl left.

Luna walked back to her bed, and read that Harry was checking in on her to see if she was having any problems with the pregnancy. She then went to sit down at her desk, took out a new piece of parchment, and started writing.

Harry… I’m beginning to have doubts whether the pregnancy was truly positive or not. After all, the item that Muggles uses to check isn’t always correct. I will be going to St. Mungo’s Hospital tomorrow and see if I really am pregnant. There is no need for you to reply “ I’ll send a new message once I am confirmed. Thanks for checking in.

- Luna


***

“Sir, you have someone wanting to see you.” Fiona told Eric over the phone.

“Bring him in.” responded Eric.

The door opened, and Rick walked in.

“I am sorry to disturb you, but I need your help…” reported Rick.

“What is it?” asked Eric.

“I’ve taken a liking into the girl... named Rachel. However, love always has an obstacle to get by, and this time it is her current boyfriend Richard.” explained Rick.

“So you want me to help you break them apart? That is simple, but there is one condition in order for me to help you. The first part is that if the breakup is successful and Rachel comes over to you willingly, you get to keep your job at the club. If the breakup is successful yet Rachel doesn’t come to you, you lose everything.” discussed Eric.

“Losing everything that the contract is accounted for?” asked Rick.

“Yes. Do you agree to the condition?” answered Eric.

“I’ll do anything to get Rachel.” agreed Rick.

“Excellent.” replied Eric.

***

Dan walked out of his house to pick up the morning newspaper. As he looked up towards his neighbor Jeremy’s house, he saw a woman picking up the newspaper as well from the front porch.

“Hey Tracy, how’s the unpacking going?” asked Dan.

“We’ve finished yesterday.” answered Tracy, looking up.

“Good morning sweetie.” Jeremy appeared and kissed Tracy. He looked over and saw Dan. “Hey.”

“Hey, how are the kids doing?” asked Dan.

“Dad, you’ve got a phone call from someone at work.” Miranda shouted from inside the house.

“I’ll be right there.” Dan shouted back.

He waved them goodbye, walked inside and closed the door.

***

“Hey Harry. Were you comfortable last night in the guest room?” asked Neil, walking into the kitchen.

“Yeah, thanks.” responded Harry.

“You know how to cook?” noticed Neil.

“My Aunt Petunia used to force me into cooking meals all the time when I was living with her family.” explained Harry.

“Quite a disciplined family you were living with. Anyways, Asako told me what you told her, and I’m sorry for your losses.” admitted Neil.

“It’s okay. Pancakes are now done for breakfast.” finished Harry.

“They look delicious.” Neil sat down at the kitchen table.

Harry took his plate into the living room and sat down on the couch. He noticed a familiar looking newspaper sticking out of Asako’s bag. He reached for it, and as he unrolled it, it was an issue of the Daily Prophet!

There were two big headlines that caught Harry’s attention: “The New Minister’s Hidden Intentions”, and “Azkaban “ Into the Cold”.

“Something smells good…” Asako sniffed the air as she started to walk down the stairs.

Harry was startled by her voice and quickly rolled it back up and placed it back into Asako’s bag.

“Good morning Harry! What are you doing?” Asako noticed Harry was touching her bag.

“I uh… I was just trying to see if the delicious smell was coming from inside?” Harry lied.

“Well there are different kinds of perfume inside if you want to try them on.” responded Asako.

“No thanks.” Harry moved back to his plate.

***

Rick walked up to a house and knocked on the door. It opened and Julie appeared.

“Yes?” asked Julie.

“Hi, I was just wondering if Rachel Evans was here?” asked Rick.

“And who would you be?” responded Julie.

“I would be Rick Stewart, General Manager of the new club in town.” answered Rick.
Julie looked bewildered.

“You know, The Fairside?” told Rick.

“Oh! Ha, ha, ha if you haven’t told me that I’d think you were just some random guy Rachel knew and was trying to hit on her. Rachel! Someone is here to see you!” Julie giggled as she shouted to her.

“What’s so funny mom?” asked Rachel, walking to them.

“Nothing dear, I hope you have fun.” Julie left them at the door.

“Who are you?” Rachel asked, looking towards Rick.

“I’m Rick Stewart, I was the announcer for last night’s surprise show and I’m also the General Manager of the new club. After I saw you in the audience last night, I just have to meet you.” explained Rick.

“And you’re doing that by stalking people? No thank you!” Rachel slammed the door on him.

***

Eric sat in his office, watching and laughing at the humorous attempt Rick is trying to use to get Rachel.

“Silly fool… They will never learn how to be patient enough.” muttered Eric.

The door opened and Fiona came in.

“Is there anything I can get you Mr. Evans?” asked Fiona.

“For the last time, stop coming in! No more paycheck for you this month, Fiona.”

“I’m sorry Mr. Evans but this is what you hired me to do!” cried Fiona.

“Shut up! If you say one more word you’ll be fired and transported out of this town so that he will never be able to meet nor see you.” shouted Eric.

Fiona ran out of the office and slammed the door.

“Whining like a baby… Oh well, she’s stuck here forever so he won’t be able to see her at all anyways. Plus, now that he’s here, it’ll be even easier to manipulate him.”

Eric laughed evilly as he took his cigar lighter and lit a picture of a young baby on fire.

***

A young lady that looked to be in her mid-20s had stepped into a coffee shop, and took off her coat.

“Michelle?” Miranda had just finished putting away new cups the shop had ordered and noticed the lady.

The lady shrieked in joy as she saw Miranda.

“Miranda!” shrieked the lady.

“Michelle!” Miranda ran to her and they both hugged.

“What are you doing here?” asked Michelle.

“I’m working here as a part-time waitress!” admitted Miranda. “How do you like this town so far?”

“It’s so wonderful! I love all the sightseeing!” discussed Michelle.

“We should take some time off and go window shopping! When winter comes along, it’s the best time all around!” continued Miranda.

The door opened and in came Sam Edwards, Michelle’s oldest brother.

“I got the car parked and its pouring rain out there!” announced Sam.

“It’s nice to see you too Sam.” waved Miranda.

“Hey, Miranda… You’re working here now?” asked Sam.

“Yes, and now I have to get back. What would you two like to drink?” replied Miranda.

“Coffee would be fine.” answered Michelle.

“Make that two coffees.” responded Sam.

They both went to sit down at the nearby couch as Miranda left to get their drinks.

***

Rick continued to knock on the door. It opened and Rachel opened.

“I thought I told you to get lost?” Rachel was getting frustrated.

“No you didn’t, if you would please give us a chance to work? I’ll give you free drinks and tickets to all showings at The Fairside!” pleaded Rick.

“Don’t think bribing is going to work.” Rachel slammed the door again.

Richard came running to the door and looked at Rick.

“What’s your problem?” asked Richard, and he knocked on the door.

“Will you please stop knocking?” shouted Rachel as she opened it again. She looked up and saw Richard standing there. “Richard… Hi, want to go out now?”

“Is this kid bothering you?” asked Richard.

“No, of course not.” replied Rick.

Richard punched him in the face and Rachel gasped loudly.

“Richard!” Rachel said loudly.

“What is going on out here?” asked Julie walking towards them. “Never mind, I’m going to be late for work if I stay for explanations.”

Julie left, and Rachel turned to Rick.

“Are you okay?” asked Rachel.

“Yeah, I am thanks.” replied Rick.

“Richard, I never knew you would be the type to punch someone else. I think we need to take a break. And I’m not going to choose you either Rick.” announced Rachel.

The boys both had shocking expressions on their faces.

“Ugh, I have to leave.” said Rachel as she walked away.

***

David, Sam, Michelle shared the couch while Miranda walked towards them.

“It feels good to finish a day’s work, don’t you think?” asked Miranda, taking off her apron and sitting down in the nearby chair.

“Sure it does.” replied David, as Sam’s cell phone rang.

“Hello?” asked Sam, picking it up.

The others heard a mumbled voice on the other line.

“Yeah, sure you want me to come now?” continued Sam. “Okay, I’ll see you in a few, bye.”
He hanged up.

“I’ve got to go meet this girl I met when we were still on the plane coming here. Catch you later.” Sam waved goodbye as he walked out.

Miranda noticed the worried look Michelle had on her face.

“Don’t worry Michelle, your brother is old enough to protect himself.” assured Miranda.
Michelle smiled in response. The door opened and Rachel came in.

“Hey Rachel, what’s wrong?” asked David, as she came to sit beside him.

“Oh, everything is.” answered Rachel. “Richard and I were doing so fine until Rick had to appear, and things just worsened as Richard punched him in the face.”

“Whoa, wait a sec. Rick from the club? As in the Rick Stewart?” asked Miranda.

“Yes, and then I told Richard that we need a break because I thought he wouldn’t do such a thing, and obviously I wouldn’t choose Rick. You know, I still don’t know how he found out where I live.” explained Rachel.

***

Eric watched the television monitor as Rick and Richard were standing in the front of Rachel’s front porch.

“Well, this looks like the end of a well-brewed up relationship. It’s time to move things along now Rick.” said Eric, talking to him-self.

***

“Good afternoon, Dan. Seeing as how you keep on asking for a new assistant, I’ve hired you a suitable person.” announced the boss.

“It’s about time Victor. Who is it?” asked Dan, putting away his cooking gloves.

“Daniel Cordon, I would like to introduce to you Angela Marshall.” introduced Victor.

“Nice to see you again, Dan.” greeted Angela. “I’m as shocked as you are.”

“I take it you two know each other?” asked Victor.

“Angela was my high school sweetheart before I met Amanda Hudson in university.” explained Dan.

“A small world we have here… Well, enjoy the afternoon.” Victor waved goodbye.

As he walked out of the kitchen, Dan moved Angela to the side.

“Why are you doing this to me?” asked Dan.

“Doing what? I didn’t know it was you when I applied. Victor didn’t tell me anything.” responded Angela.

“Then why didn’t you sound surprise when you saw me?” continued Dan.

“I saw you from behind Victor.” answered Angela.

***

Julie turned into the driveway and parked her car. She entered through the front door and made a sudden halt.

“Oh no, what happened here now?” asked Julie.

Rick was on the floor with a nose bleed, and wounds everywhere while Richard was standing over him. Richard also had wounds on his body, but no where close to life threatening as Rick’s were. The living room was completely ruined.

“I’m going to charge you two with assault. If Rick dies from this, Richard you can kiss your ass goodbye and will never be able to see Rachel ever again.” Julie walked over to the phone and started dialing the emergency number. “Hi, this is Julie Evans and I would like to report two people to the police. Oh, they’re already on their way? Good.”

As she hanged up, they heard sirens in the distance. The police officers and medical nurses came rushing into the house.

“Which one did what?” asked the Officer.

“The one standing is Richard, and he seems to have harmed the guy lying down named Rick more.” responded Julie.

The Officer motioned for the nurses to check up on Rick and Richard.

“Do you know what happened?” continued the Officer.

“Not really, I just got home to this mess and found this place the way it is now. But I’d assume they were fighting over my daughter Rachel, because Richard originally liked her, and then Rick came in to steal her away. I left after I heard Richard punching Rick.” explained Julie.

“Thanks for the info, Mrs. Evans.” The Officer walked towards Richard and held out a set of cuffs for him. “You are under arrest for the physical assault of Rick Stewart, and will be sentenced to jail for 3 years if he dies from it.”

He pushed Richard out the door as the nurses brought in a stretcher to carry Rick onto. Julie followed them out, and noticed Rachel coming home with David.

“Richard?” wondered Rachel, aloud.

David looked at him in disgust as he was brought into the police car. As the door closed on him, the stretcher with Rick on it came out from the house.

“Rick?” said Rachel, even louder.

Rick’s stretcher was lifted into the ambulance, and the nurses followed it in. The driver then drove off into the distance.

“Mrs. Evans, I need you to sign this sheet of paper here before I take him into custody.” announced the Officer.

As she signed it, Rachel started to sob silently, trying to hold back the tears.

“Let’s go…” whispered David.

David comforted Rachel’s back as they walked away from the house slowly.

***

Fiona walked into Eric’s office.

“Yes, Eric?” asked Fiona.

“Type up a letter saying that Rachel now has full management of The Fairside… Then go get Rick to sign it, and send it to her.” announced Eric.

“I’ll do it right away, Mr. Evans.” Fiona bowed to him and walked away.



On The Next Horizon:

+ "Miranda, I have a new job offer!" exclaimed Rachel.
+ "Asako!" Neil shouted as she fainted into his arms.
+ "Do not have anything from your past life with Angela get in your way of work." Victor warned Dan.