Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Greed, Hate & Envy by anniePADFOOT

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I can’t believe her.

What right does Hermione Granger have to ruin my life and take away my love? None, absolutely none. How dare she!

I hate her for what she did. We were friends and she stabbed me in the back. I loved him, I loved Harry with my whole heart. She must have known that. And she went and kissed him anyway. And that kiss grew to something big, something huge. And we all know that grows to marriage and children and so on.

She doesn’t know what it’s like, Hermione. Hermione never felt the pain I did. She was never the little sister of Harry’s best friend, the young one desperate to be involved and included. She was always right up there with the best of them. And why? What for? I still don’t know. In first year, I got letters from Ron; the first few weeks he only referred to her as annoying, a know-it-all, buck toothed and repeatedly, annoying.

But then it all changed. She stuck up for them, and they saved her from a troll… it ruined everything! It was meant to be me, the following year getting into their group. Not Hermione!

I know I sound creepy, even insane. But no one really understands what it’s like. They say every person has one true love out in this world. Well, Hermione stole my true love right out of my nose.

Love makes a person do crazy things. Trust me, I know.

Because I did crazy things. very crazy things. All for Harry Potter’s love. Because I was convinced we were supposed to be together. How could I be wrong, if I spent every waking second thinking about him? How could I be wrong, if every time I fell asleep, I would see him in my dreams? I just couldn’t.

I would have been quite content staying mad at Hermione forever. It was her fault, see. Not Harry’s...

Of course it was Harry’s fault too! I knew it deep down inside, but let’s all face it; I wouldn’t blame him when it was just so much easier to blame Hermione.

The trouble is, the road that looks easier always turns out to be harder than anything else. A life lesson I’ve learnt... well, the hard way. Ironically enough.

Damn I hate irony.

Everything in my bloody life ends up as bloody ironic. It’s like some conspiracy against me, to mock me. To mock my attempt at facing the world, getting by and staying alive. It’s like they are telling me that I should just curl up and die.

But who the hell are they anyway? Some sort of outside force, I guess, bigger than anything else and with infinite power. Something like God, I suppose. The Fates, even. They are mocking me. But then again, I really don’t know.

All I do know now is that I am Ginny Weasley, and I was betrayed by one of my best friends.

Welcome to my story of greed, hate and envy.

-------------------

Hahaha; I’ve always wanted to end something with ‘welcome to my story of -’. It just sounds so funny. Anyway I really do welcome you to Ginny’s story of greed, hate and envy. Check it out, it has slight hints of Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny... so all you people never satisfied, beat THAT!

Anyways, there will be 3 chapters after this, each about 500 words long, and an Epilogue. Yes, that’s a fair bit shorter than my usual work. But this doesn’t call for much explanation. It’s the title that tells you what’s happening; the text only backs it up. A bit strange.

xo anniePADFOOT