Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

It's a Part of You Now by HarryPotter is my LIFE

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Thanks to rgfawkes and Lurid for betaing!
Harry, Ron and Hermione walked cautiously through the graveyard. The Final battle had happened a year ago, and the graveyard was filled with the large number of casualties. It had been only four years since they had left Hogwarts, but it had felt like forever.


The trio tried to visit often, but it was usually only Ron and Hermione because Harry was busy with his and Ginny’s one-year-old twins. Their daughter was named Lily, for Harry’s mother, and the son was Arthur, for Ginny’s father, one of the unfortunate casualties of war.


“Harry James Potter ” bellowed a voice.


Harry recoiled and guiltily looked up towards his bedroom window. The graveyard that the trio was walking in happened to be part of the newly erected Potter Manor. The graveyard was filled with casualties of the war. The dead were buried and those whose bodies were not found, had a monument to them. In the fight against evil, no person was too minuscule to be left unrecognized.


When Harry escaped the battle alive, he did not take it for granted. He realised just how lucky he was. So in honour of those less fortunate, he hade offered to use the Potter Mansion graveyard. It was open to all of those with loved ones in buried, and those who simply wanted to pay their respects to those who fought.


“Yes?” answered Harry.


“Please, Harry, you know exactly why you’re being called I need help with the kids ” yelled Ginny.


“Sorry guys,” mumbled Harry, before dashing back to the house.


As soon as Harry was out of earshot, Ron and Hermione cracked up. Ginny definitely had Harry wrapped around her finger, but under that was love, it was obvious.


Ron and Hermione were quiet as they walked around the graveyard. Hermione shed tears when looking at the graves of her parents. Voldemort had stooped so low as to attack a Muggle town... the one that Hermione’s parents lived in. Many of the poor, defenseless Muggles had tried to escape in their cars, but Hermione’s house was at the far edge of town, and her parents never watched television, they couldn’t have seen the news report. They did not know of the horrible murderers roaming their town until they were victims themselves.


It had been two years since their deaths, but Hermione had still not come to terms with it. But who could expect her to? Ron felt the same was about his father, though he chose not to show the weaker side of himself by crying. He sometimes cried, but tried to avoid it whenever possible. He did however comfort Hermione.


He wrapped his arms around her and she buried her bushy-haired head into his chest. Her body shook with sobs as her tears wet Ron’s shirt, but Ron did not mind. This was a normal occurrence and he certainly welcomed it. As Ron had told Harry, he really liked Hermione and actually, he was pretty sure it was love. Hermione felt instantly comforted as Ron wrapped his arms around her. Her tears were heavy and soaked Ron’s shirt. She felt terrible because this was not the first of his shirts that her tears stained. Nevertheless, Hermione enjoyed being in Ron’s arms. When Ginny had first given birth to her children, she tired easily. One day, Harry and Ron had given her a break and taken Lily and Arthur out. During their absence, Hermione had giddily told Ginny of her love for Ron.


Both Ron and Hermione secretly looked forward to this common occurrence in the graveyard. One might call it an unofficial date.


“Are you alright?” Ron asked softly.


Hermione gave a small nod and wiped the tears from her face.


She gave a bitter laugh. “You’d think that I’d at least be able to control my tears by now.”


“Don’t say that Hermione,” Ron protested. “There’s nothing wrong with you crying, honestly, it’s called grief. It will never leave you; it’s a part of you now.”


There was a silence between the two, but it was comfortable.


“Listen Hermione, I’m going to go see my father’s grave.” Ron’s face was oddly pale. “Are you coming?”


“No, I think I’m going to stay here,” answered Hermione, quietly.


Ron walked off and Hermione watched him kneel down in front of his father’s grave. He obviously thought Hermione wasn’t watching or he didn’t care if she saw him cry because she was sure she saw a tear or two slip down his cheek. His pale, freckled cheek...


Hermione heard a crack behind her and wheeled around. It was the sound heard when someone was Apparating. No one was there... But she was sure she heard someone. Wary from the after affects of the war she began crossing the graveyard to where Ron was standing. Hermione gasped as Severus Snape’s head appeared from the middle of nowhere, and only his head.


He’s wearing an invisibility cloak, thought Hermione. Before Hermione could even pull her wand out of her pocket, Snape pulled the cloak from his body, displaying a blunt hammer.


“Ron ” Hermione called frantically.


Ron looked up to see Hermione running towards him, being chased by the wretched man, the killer of Dumbledore. Though the chase worked to Hermione’s advantage. Severus Snape was chasing Hermione by Apparating to wherever she had been, and he wasn’t chasing her on foot. He yanked his wand out of his pocket just to see Hermione trip over a tree root.


Hermione looked up at Snape. Her fall was going to cost her, and she knew it. Hermione received a sharp blow to the head, and her world slowly blackened as she slipped into unconsciousness. Ron ran towards Snape as he fired a stunning spell at him. The red jet of light never hit him. Snape had Disapparated, taking Hermione with him, before Ron’s stunning spell even came close.


“Harry, Ginny ” Ron screamed.


Tears finally made their way down his face. He did not care if the entire wizarding world saw him sobbing. His love was gone. He was frantic. His body was debating whether to stay frozen as it was or go jump in the freezing lake behind the mansion.


“What’s the matter Ron?” asked Ginny, who had appeared at the window. She saw Ron’s face and knew something had happened.


“Hermione. Snape has her ” Ron answered through his raging anger. He felt as though the world was crashing down around him.


“Harry,” Ginny said, shakily, as she turned from the window. “Go down to Ron, now.”


Harry stayed put with a frown on his face. “Ginny I’m tired of you ordering me around all the time! I love you, but-”


“Hermione’s missing you bloody idiot ” Ginny yelled.


Harry’s face paled as he ran out of the room. Ginny soon followed him, after making sure her children were safely in their cradles.


Although he didn’t feel it, Harry needed to be brave for Ron’s sake. He watched his best friend and felt Ron’s pain. Harry knew that Ron’s life had fallen apart in seconds.


“Don’t worry, Ron. We’ll get her back.”