Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Last Letter by whittyleah

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Thank you HPobsession and Miss_Brittany for great betaing!
_____________________________________________________________
My name is Alia, I am writing this letter on the last day of my life to tell you what has become of this world.

When I was just four-years-old, my mother ran through our house and into the arms of my father, her long, blonde hair flying behind her and her bright hazel eyes glimmering. She had been so excited that day, as everyone had been. Harry Potter, just a baby, had destroyed He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. There had been a joyous outcry; people using magic in public; Muggleborns leaving hiding places they had been forced to live in due to fear.

My parents and I had been one of those families forced into hiding. My mum had been a Muggleborn; she was one of the most beautiful and pure people on this earth. She had been killed during the second war.

The second war took many things from us. But we had Harry Potter, the boy who lived. We couldn’t be defeated, or so we thought.

Harry Potter fell at 9 o’clock at night on his seventeenth birthday.

The Dark Lord quickly took over, destroying all he could. He killed every Muggleborn and Half-blood he could get his hands on. It was as though Hell had descended upon earth and was bent on gutting it of all innocence.

I had tried to stay out of all the fighting, losing my mum and dad had made me want to forget about what was happening and I had been doing a pretty good job of it. Then I met Charlie Weasley, and my life changed.

He had been the most handsome man I had ever seen. He was tall and lean, with incredible red hair and blue eyes. He was a fighter for the cause. He worked with other freedom fighters to stop the Dark Lord’s reign of terror. We would talk well into the night when he and a few of his fellow comrades stayed at the inn I worked at in Russia, where I had moved to get away from the war. Charlie told me of his family and of the boy who died; his younger brother had been the boy’s best friend and his sister the boy’s love. He told me of the death of nearly all his family and how they had fought; I had told him of my mother and how she had always stood for what was right and died for it. I was afraid, I had never told another soul that. To say it aloud made me feel as though I had failed my mother. I told Charlie, I felt I could tell him anything.

He stayed at the inn for many months with fellow fighters who had been injured. When it was time for him to go he asked me to join him, he looked at me the way my father had looked at my mother, as though I was beautiful and he would be lost if I weren’t there with him. He tucked a strand of blonde hair behind my ear and wiped away a tear that had fallen from my hazel eyes. I had always felt that I had no right looking like my mother when I was so cowardly; Charlie told me that I wasn’t a coward; I had just been waiting for the right moment to help. I went with him and never left his side.

We fought the Dark Lord in many ways, freeing Muggles and thwarting his plans of destruction. We soon became two of the most wanted wizards in the world. We rallied many and fought brave and hard against those who would see us dead. We taught defense to many and helped families into hiding around the world. Charlie and I had become two of the figureheads of the war, as Harry Potter had been. People said our names with hope, as though we would save them one day. I am so sorry that day will not come.

We had caught wind of a plot to kill a village of Muggles in North Scotland. Charlie, myself, and a group of fighters made our way to stop the massacre. It had been a trap. We were surrounded in the blink of an eye and we fought, we fought so hard. We were forced into the forest surrounding the village. We fought through trees and brush. Green enveloped us; Earth cradled us as we fell, one by one. I watched as Charlie fell to the ground in the blast of green light, my soul going with him. I fell a short time later in a blur of red, awaking in a cell, where I write this. Coming to in a small gray stoned cell that smelled of the many who had come and died before me and then realizing that the past few hours hadn’t been a dream was heart wrenching.

They will come for me soon and I will leave this world. I will go to Charlie and my parents. But don’t be sad or afraid for me, I will be happy and safe away from this world. Don’t give up the fight. Many have fallen and many more will fall. But don’t take fear and despair from our deaths, take the courage we leave behind. Do not give up; we can win if you just don’t give up.

Lives have been stolen away from us, and more will be taken. It is time for us to rise and take life back. We can, and we will live in a peaceful world. It is our right to live with hope and not despair. Live with hope. Live with strength. And most of all live with love. For that is what will destroy this enemy, the Dark Lord doesn’t know love and he can’t fight what he does not know. Show him that we will not be vanquished, that we will live and live in freedom.

They are coming; I can hear their footsteps. I will be with Charlie soon. I’m not afraid to die; I will go to a happy place. I do fear for all of you though, I wish I could have made this world a happy place for you. But I cannot, so it is up to you now. I know you can do it, just remember: Love brings hope; hope brings strength, and that is what will defeat him. That is what Charlie always said.


I will see you behind the veil,

Alia Cain-Weasley