Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

My Ginny by Luna_Lovegood831

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Weasleys Find Out



“About bloody time.” They heard a semi-groggy voice say, and they quickly broke apart. A smiling, sleep-rumpled Ron was leaning against the doorframe. He pushed himself off the doorframe and walked over to the sink to get a glass of water. He then came back and sat down across from them, still smiling.



”So… you’re not angry?” Harry asked tentatively.



“Angry? No, why should I be angry? None of us ‘big brothers’ are. We actually had a bet going… and I won! If this little… shall we say… rendezvous,” he paused, waggling his eyebrows, as the two blushed mildly, “had been tomorrow, Bill would have won. But anytime between when Harry first got here and this evening would have been me. Oh, and uh, Harry, I doubt you will, but if you hurt her, you won’t just have 6 angry brothers to deal with, you’ll have Ginny, and I can’t promise you coming back alive from that.”



“I’m not worried then,” said Harry with a smile. He then grabbed Ginny’s hand.



Mrs. Weasley bustled into the kitchen.



“Morning Mrs. Weasley,” Harry said.



“Oh Harry, please call me Molly,” she said with a motherly smile.



Ron said after while, “Mum, if FINALLY happened.”



Mrs. Weasley stopped in her tracks, turned around and looked at Harry and Ginny. She was smiling but her eyes were filled with tears. She hurried around the table and gathered Harry and Ginny up in a bone-crushing hug, “I’m so happy for you two! And Harry dear, if you like, you can call me Mum.”



Harry smiled like he had never smiled before. He finally had someone to call Mum. He hugged her like he had never hugged anyone before.



After a couple of air-lacking moments, Mrs. Weasley went back to starting breakfast, a huge motherly, yet somewhat youthful smile on her face, muttering something along the lines of, “I knew it, I just knew it.”



Something seemed to have just caught up with Ginny, “You guys had a bet??? Who was in on it??” she asked indignantly.



“Oh everyone, Bill, Charlie, Fred, George, Hermione, Professor Lupin, and even Professor Dumbledore put a couple of galleons in on it,” Ron laughed.



“Professor Dumbledore?” Ginny asked, wide-eyed. Thinking to herself that perhaps he really was a nutter like everyone said.



“Yup, said he had known it for years. Said there was just something about the two of you. I think he said you were two of a kind really. Oh what was the word he used??? Both… fighters. Survivors. Plus, he said all Potter men go for redheaded girls, and they’re thick about it.” Ron paused for dramatic effect, and Harry and Ginny hold back snickers at Ron talking about people being thick. Ron began again, “Of course he bet it would take longer than this, I think he took the last week before school started.”



Mrs. Weasley could be heard laughing in the background. “I knew I should have bet. But for some reason I didn’t think it was fair to you two. I regret that now. Should have bet with Ron.” She said only semi-jokingly, causing all of them to laugh.



“Mum, you seem in an awfully good mood this morning. What’s going on?” Fred said when he and George entered the kitchen. Mrs. Weasley and Ron looked at them, and then to Harry and Ginny, and a look of dawning comprehension appeared on the twins’ faces, closely followed by identical grins. They walked over and clapped Harry on the back, (much harder than was strictly necessary), and each gave Ginny a kiss on the cheek.



“Couldn’t you guys have waited another week?” George asked jokingly.



“There go 6 galleons I’ll never see again,” Fred said with a sigh.



A light seemed to dawn in the twins’ eyes, as if the same thought had occurred to both of them. They started talking in quiet whispers, pulled out chairs and sat next to each other as was usual, but this time, Harry and Ginny shared a worried glance.



Harry leaned over and whispered in her ear, “Oh God, what are they planning?”



Ginny replied, “I don’t know, but I’d be ready for anything.”



“Glad I have my wand, then.” He joked, causing Ginny to giggle.



Fred and George seemed to have caught the just of what they were saying, because they looked up.



“Tut, tut, such a self absorbed little couple,” Fred said with a look of false-disdain.



“Do we think the whole we think the whole world revolves around ourselves?” George smiled with a raised eyebrow.



“So tell us what you are planning then,” Ginny retorted.



“Now, Now, sister dear, you know we don’t tell what we’re planning. It’s less fun that way,” Fred said with an all to happy smile.



“It’s for us then,” said Ginny with a sigh.



“Well, as you seem to be wanting a fun little joke to come your way, we’ll be happy to oblige.” George’s practiced angelic look fooled absolutely no one. Harry involuntarily shuddered at the thought of what the twins might find fun.



Percy walked in a little scared looking, choosing a seat between where his mother usually sat and Harry. He sat looking down at the table, looking at no one. Harry felt sorry for him, to be so alienated by his family, like back at Privet Dr.



“So Percy,” Harry began, “How’s work going.”



Percy looked up, thrilled anyone was talking to him besides his parents.

“Good, really good. I’m still working as Undersecretary to the Minister. Only now, he trusts me, so I can help Dumbledore, pass information to him. It’s always helpful to have another set of eyes and ears someplace as corrupt as the Ministry.”



Harry was happily surprised about how much Percy’s take on the Ministry had changed.



“Must be hard to have your faith in some place you love as much as the Ministry shaken.” Harry said as sympathetically as he could. He could always use another person who believed him, even if it was Percy. Hell, he was happy to have Luna last year, and look how that turned out. She really proved herself. Hopefully Percy would be the same way.



Mrs. Weasley was putting down breakfast as Mr. Weasley was walking down the stairs.



“Morning everyone!” he called. A chorus of “Morning dad/ Morning Arthur/ Morning Mr. Weasley echoed in the kitchen.”



Mr. Weasley looked at Harry, “Harry, you can call me Arthur.”



Harry grinned. “Ok.”



Fred shouted out, “Or Dad.”



Mr. Weasley smiled, “Or Da-!” He stopped short and looked around wildly. The twins, Ron, and Mrs. Weasley were all nodding.



Mr. Weasley’s smile brightened, the way only a proud father’s could. “Or, Dad." He concluded.