Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Idiot Ron Starts A War by POTCgirl1337

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hi! Thanks for reading my Fan Fic! Since this is my first one that i have writtin, i would really appreciate it if you would review so that i know what to improve upon for future stories.

It was Christmas Eve morning, and all eight Gryffindor seventh years were seated around the common room fire place in a variety of strange ways. The three girls were all lying right around the fire feet merely inches from the flame, chatting aimlessly amongst themselves. Ron, sitting in a very slouched position on his chair, was bobbing his head for no apparent reason other than that of an attempt to amuse himself. Then again, it might have been because he was exceedingly drunk, owning to the early morning bet among him, Harry, and the house elves. Neville was sitting cross legged with his back twisted sideways and his forehead resting on his right knee. Seamus could have been found lying sideways on a large, over-stuffed chair with his legs over one arm and his head backwards over the other, and laying on the ground with his feet thrown over the arm of the nearest couch, was Harry. Dean, on the other hand, was sitting meditation style, with his hands resting on his knees and appeared to be deep in thought about something that none of the others could even attempt to fathom. After all, what was there to think about when you’re on vacation and it’s the morning of Christmas Eve?

All of a sudden, Dean leapt up from his chair and sprinted up the stair case into the boy’s dormitory, collecting many odd glances on his way. A few minutes later, after everyone else had returned to their previous state of boredom, a loud voice rang out, making all seven of them jump out of their skins.

“HA! I FOUND IT!” the voice said. This loud outburst was shortly followed by a loud thunder as feet were pounding down the stair case. The source of the voice was soon revealed. Moments later, Dean was bounding down the stair case and over to his friends, clutching a large leather bound book in his arms. “LOOK GUYS! I FOUND IT!” was his only answer to quizzical faces surrounding.

After a few moments of silence an awkward voice spoke out. “Ummm…. Yea,” Neville started in a timid voice, “and what exactly is it you have found Dean?”

Dean gave a loud maniacal laugh. “Well, are we bored?" completely ignoring Neville's question.

“Yes,” was the unanimous answer.

“And do we not know what to do?”

“Yes,” was once again the answer.

“Is it Christmas Eve?” Dean inquired further.

“No Dean, it’s Halloween!” Harry shouted with an eye roll. “Of course it’s Christmas Eve!” Ron, sitting relatively near Harry, cringed at his loud voice.

“And are we in the Gryffindor Common Room?”

All at once the seven students gave the same reply, “What are you getting at DEAN?”

“Well,” he continued as if no one was angry at his ridiculous questions, “according to my book, What to Do When You Are Bored on Christmas Eve and You’re Stuck in the Gryffindor Common Room, the first thing it suggests is to have a ferocious snow ball fight.” His voice, loud as it was, was filled with pure glee.

Silence and a few odd glances amongst the seventh years was all that occupied the time after Dean’s proposition. “Well?” he inquired. “How about it?” His face shown with the glee of a young boy entering a candy shop, and leaving with pockets filled to the brim with candy.

Ron suddenly stood, and swaying slightly on his unstable feet, replied in a sloppy tone. “A’right, I’m all for it! Wha ‘bout you Harry? You gonna join the fun?”

Laughing at the sight of a drunken Ron attempting speech, Harry agreed and soon all others figured, ‘why not?’ And they decided to join the snowball fight. After they all gave their consent, they began to form the rules.

“I think we should have it girls vs. guys!” Seamus inputted cheerfully. The five Gryffindor guys seemed to think this as a great idea. The girls, on the other hand, had a different view on the matter, and their sudden uproar proved it.

“But that’s totally unfair!” Lavender Complained.

Hermione immediately jumped up from her seat and shouted, “We would be out numbered three to five!”

“And,” Parvati added, “Men are naturally stronger than women, although we do have the stronger minds.” This remark drew a few glares from the five boys seated around her.

“Well, I suppose you could have Ron!” Harry so thoughtfully offered. “He would join your team in a heartbeat; everyone knows he has the hots for Hermione there!” he said, eyes twinkling.

“But Ron would be so bloody useless he’s… Wait, what did you just say?” Hermione sank back into her chair, an odd smile starting to form on her lips, the last of Harry’s words having now dawned on her. All Harry did was grin.

“I think what Hermione was going to say was that Ron is so bloody drunk and incapacitated that he wouldn’t be able to find the difference between a human and a tree stump!” Lavenders eyes flashed with anger as she continued. “He would end up attacking us as well as you! No, I say we have an every man or woman for him or herself!” She said proudly, pounding her fist on the table.

This idea, having appealed to everyone, became to first rule of the snowball fight. And after much more squabbling and fighting, shouts and laughter, the rules were finally set and written down:

Our Rules For The Great And Ferocious Snowball Fight:

1. Every man/woman for him/herself, there is NO teaming up on the opposite sex.
2. Only snow may be used in the fight. (It was wide knowledge where Hagrid took Fang out to do his business.)
3. This fight will be fought without wands.
4. The winner will be declared when all others forfeit, are unable to move or flee.


Once the rules were all plastered in the participants’ heads, they set out for the grounds. The only entertaining thing to happen on their trek to the grounds was when Peeves snuck up behind the drunken Ron and started to poke him in various areas of his body. This caused Ron and swing around, swearing madly, looking for the source of the finger. Not seeing the invisible Peeves, he decided to blame Neville, who was in fact the farthest person from him. He charged him down the hall, screaming insanely all the way, and out into the snow covered landscape.


So with the rules set, our eight Gryffindors began the battle. They did not, however, know that soon, they would not be attacking each other but instead fighting for their lives against a ferocious team of Evil Snowmen. Raging

A/N
A special thanks to my wonder beta grangergurl!!! Thanks!!!!