Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Happens by Tenebrus

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter One: Just A Bit


His green eyes ablaze with anger, Harry Potter slammed the apartment door and strode over to the couch. He flung himself down and kicked the coffee table crossly. The Daily Prophet floated to the floor. On the front page was a large picture of Harry and his recent girlfriend. They were walking along a crowded street, and Harry had his hand in her back pocket. The caption beneath the picture read, The-boy-who-lived-and-grew-up-to-defeat-he-who-must-not-be-named-in-the-final-battle-and-saved-the-wizarding-world is seen here with Sandra Johnson. The Daily Prophet would like to wish them the best of luck with their relationship. We are hoping to see a baby of the-boy-who-lived-and-grew-up-to-defeat-he-who-must-not-be-named-in-the-final-battle-and-saved-the-wizarding-world very soon, incase another he-who-must-not-be-named-who-got-defeated-in-the-final-battle-by-the-boy-who-lived should arise.

Harry rubbed his face with his hands and groaned. He had just gotten into a fight with Sandra. She was very angry about the cover of the Daily Prophet and didn’t think she could be with him if that was the attention he attracted. Harry tried to explain to her that it wasn’t his fault and that he really wanted to be with her. Her response was to slam the door in his face. It was not the first time something like this had happened. In fact, every time he seemed to have a good relationship with a girl, the Daily Prophet would print their best wishes for them and that would be the end of the relationship. There was a sharp knock at the door. Harry rolled over and shouted into a pillow, “GO AWAY!”

“Right way to greet your friend mate,” Ron said as he stepped inside. “You really should keep the door locked.” Ron shoved Harry over and flung himself on the couch beside him. “How’s life?”

“Bloody fantastic! And yours?” Harry asked lifting his face from the couch.

“Jolly good,” Ron said sarcastically. Ron reached down and picked up the Daily Prophet, “nice picture.” Harry snatched the paper, crumpled it and tossed it into the fire.

“Can’t they just leave me alone? It’s not like I’m that interesting any more. No more hurting scar, weird dreams, visions, battles,” Harry said.

“I know, but it’s not like they have anything better to write. Since they created the video news program… What’s it called?” Ron asked.

“M.E.A.T… Magical Education At Ten, It’s really a ridiculous name, they aren’t educating anyone,” Harry replied.

“So, how are things with you and Sandra?”

“Non-existent,” Harry sighed.

“Sorry mate,” Ron said. “Cheer up, if it makes you feel any better, Hermione and me had another row. I might have to crash here tonight.”

“Right, well I don’t think I will be around here for long. I just don’t think I can sit here festering in my own thoughts, it could be dangerous for everyone,” Harry said.

“I don’t think I could go out and do something, I’m too tired.”

“Fine,” Harry walked over to the kitchen and pulled out the phone book. He just couldn’t be himself; he just wanted to be normal and not have everything he did broadcast to the whole wizarding world. He flipped open the phone book to the yellow pages. There it was, in big bold letters was his salvation.

Frank’s Potion Emporium
Looking for a potion, but don’t have the time to brew it? Here is your solution! We have every potion you could ever need, in stock at all times, and at a low, low, low cost! Shrinking solution, Strengthening, Sleeping Draughts, and any potions that you need! Call now and we will ship it out the same minute!


Harry didn’t need to think twice. He grabbed the phone and dialed frantically. A young witch answered the phone. “Frank’s Potion’s Emporium, where your potion is only a minute away. Janie speaking how may I help you?”

“Hi, I am looking for a Polyjuice potion?” Harry asked.

“One moment please,” she replied. There was a pause before she spoke again, “and how many hours worth of the potion would you like?”

“Twelve please,” Harry said.

“Now, what would you like your new appearance to be? Any specific features?” She asked.

“Blue eyes, light brown hair…umm…Tall? No scars,” Harry said tentatively.

“Anything else, sir?”

“No, that’s all,” Harry replied.

“Your total is 30 galleons. An owl is on the way to you home, please deposit the money into the pouch and your potion will come shortly after,” she said.

“Thank you,” Harry said hanging up the phone. It was no more than a moment later that a large barn owl came flying through Harry’s open living room window.

“Bloody hell!” Ron shouted. Harry rushed over and deposited the money into the pouch. Just as the first owl left, a second came in with a large parcel attached to his legs. Harry took the parcel and the owl was gone. He ripped open the packaging to find a large silver flask containing the Polyjuice potion. The instructions read to drink a gulp every hour.

“What is that?” Ron asked.

“Polyjuice potion,” Harry said unscrewing the cap and taking his first sip. The thick liquid trickled down his throat. He shivered slightly.

“What the hell for?” Ron asked. Harry felt his hair; it was short, very short. He needed a mirror. It had worked. His face was slightly rounder with short brown hair, and brilliant blue eyes. He had a fairly fit body to begin with, but with the Polyjuice potion it seemed to bring out his toned muscles. It seemed that the potion had worked on more than just his physical features. He was now wearing a light blue button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up just before the elbow. The dark jeans were slightly big, but looked good. To top the outfit off he now had black shoes.

“I just didn’t want to be me for awhile,” Harry said grabbing his house key and shoving it into his pocket. He slid the flask into his other pocket, strangely enough, the flask was not visible.

“Now where are you going?”

“Out,” Harry said simply as he stepped out into the hall.

***


Hermione curled herself into a ball and pulled the covers over her head. She wiped the tears from her face and sniffed. She was so upset at Ron. How could he act the way he did. He was flirting with another girl, right in front of her! She loved him, but he could be so insensitive some times. All she wanted to do was sit here and sulk. There were several knocks at the door followed by some yelling.

“HERMIONE GRANGER, OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!!” Her friends shrieked from outside. Hermione groaned and pulled herself out of bed. She shuffled down the hallway and opened the door. There stood her two best friends Ginny Weasley and Margaret Benson. They walked inside.

“You can not sit around here on a night like this,” Ginny said. It was easy for her to say, she was happy. Hermione eyed her, she was wearing a tight jean skirt that was at least three inches above the knee, way to short in Hermione’s opinion. Her top was a low cut red, sleeveless shirt.

“I’m really not in the mood to do anything, Ginny,” Hermione groaned walking over to the couch. She laid down and sighed. “Besides, what would Ron say if he knew I would out with you two tonight, to do God knows what?”

“He won’t know, and neither will anyone else,” Ginny said slyly kneeling on the floor beside Hermione.

“Why?” Hermione asked cautiously.

Ginny waved a silver flask in front of her, “you have this!”

“What is it?”

“Polyjuice potion,” Ginny grinned.

“No, no, no, no, no way!” Hermione squealed and sat up.

“Look, I paid good galleons for this; you are coming out to have fun tonight!!!” Ginny laughed. She held the flask out to Hermione. Hermione eyed it for a moment. What did she have to lose? She quickly took a gulp. She remembered the feeling of the potion; she had used it during her second year at Hogwarts. She stood up. Ginny pulled her into the bathroom and forced her to look in the mirror.

Hermione now had shoulder length, straight dirty blonde hair. Her eyes were a mix of blue and green, and were absolutely stunning. She had a tight baby blue tank top hugging her every curve. She tugged her skirt, it was short and black, and completely unacceptable.

“Let’s go!” Ginny said, grabbing Hermione by the arm and pulling her out the door.

***


Harry shoved his way through a crowed of dancing girls and headed towards the back of the large hall. He actually hated going to dance clubs. However, William Darcy liked to dance, apparently. Harry wasn’t really sure; he was making it up as he went along. Near the back of the room, Harry found himself a nice, dirty table and sat down. He drummed his figures, and looked around. His heart stopped, there she was. Sandra Johnson, dancing with some jacked up moron. She was smiling and laughing, she wasn’t upset at all. Harry felt the anger rising in him again. He pushed his way towards the front of the room, just about to leave when another girl caught his eye.

She looked quite unsure of herself. She was twirling her shoulder length blonde hair in her fingers nervously. Harry thought she looked beautiful in her blue top and black skirt. His eyes widened with shock as he saw Ginny Weasley pull her away from the front entrance. He followed them towards the back, where he had been only moments before.

“Hi Ginny,” he said gruffly. His voice was much huskier than he was used to. She looked at him quizzically.

“Um, hi. Do I know you?” She asked. Harry gulped he forgot that he wasn’t himself. He held out his hand, “William Darcy, but you can call me Will.”

“Hi Will. This is my friend…” Ginny pushed Hermione forward, Hermione stumbled on her feet and fell into Harry. He caught her with great ease. She looked up at him, her eyes made Harry’s heart leap.

“Hi, I’m William Darcy,” Harry said once she was safely on her feet.

Hermione paused, she wasn’t Hermione Granger any more, she needed a new name. “I’m-m,” she stuttered. Harry laughed slightly and smiled at her. “Elizabeth Burnet, but you can call me Lizzy.” She reached out her hand, he shook it, but neither seemed to want to let go. Both were gazing into each others eyes.

“Why don’t you two dance!” Ginny giggled.

“Yes, would you like to dance?” Harry asked.

“I’d love to,” Hermione replied. Nearly forty-five minutes later, Ginny jabbed Hermione in the back.

“You forgetting something?” Hermione gasped.

“I’ll be right back,” Hermione said to Harry. Harry nodded and looked down at his watched as she walked away. He needed to take more potion; if he was going to stay Will Darcy. He looked around to see if anyone was watching, it didn’t seem like they were, everyone was to busy dancing. He took a quick swig of the potion and returned it to his pocket just in time for Hermione to return.

“Back,” Hermione said with a smile.

“I’m glad,” Harry said. They continued dancing all night, and every hour, Ginny returned and took Hermione away. Near two in the morning Hermione and Harry strode out of the club, Ginny and Margaret giggling at their heels. Harry slid his hand into Hermione’s as they walked. Suddenly, Harry stopped walking.

“I live the other way,” he said sadly.

“I had a good time tonight,” Hermione said turning to face him.

“Me too, maybe we could get together again some time soon?” Harry asked.

“I would love to.”

“Tomorrow?”

“Sure, where and when?” Hermione asked excitedly.

“How about the little diner on 4th street, for lunch?” Harry asked.

“Noon tomorrow, I’ll be there,” Hermione replied. She leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. The kiss felt so familiar to Harry, his whole cheek tingled as he watched her walk away. Harry walked in a daze to his apartment. Ron was fast asleep on the couch. All Harry could think now was, I need more potion.