Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Happens by Tenebrus

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hermione’s Point Of View

Hermione slid anxiously into the red leather covered booth seat. She had managed to get some more Polyjuice potion from a place called Frank’s Potion Emporium. It had sounded dodgy but Hermione couldn’t find any other place that sold pre-made Polyjuice potion. Hermione tugged at her black top, Ginny said it was perfect but Hermione wasn’t sure. Hermione peered at the clock over the counter, five minutes to noon, where was Will? Hermione sighed and looked out the window. Her mind drifted, what was she going to do about Ron? No, she shook her head, this thing with Will isn’t anything permanent, I will just get it out of my system and Ron and I will be fine.

“Lizzy?” Hermione shook slightly, startled by Will’s appearance at the end of her table.

“Will,” she said turning to smile at him.

“May I sit?” He asked. She nodded and gestured to the seat across from her. He sat down and looked across at her.

“I’m glad you came,” Hermione said.

“Me too,” he replied gazing at her. Hermione blushed and turned towards the menus at the end of the table. She picked one up and handed it to Will. She began to look over the menu. Hermione looked up only to find Will smiling at her and not looking at his own menu.

“What?” She asked.

“You’re cute when you are concentrating,” he said smiling at her. Hermione blushed and placed her menu on the table.

“So have you decided?” She asked.

“Yes, and you?”

“Of course,” Hermione replied. The waitress stopped at the end of the table. She was an older woman, with faded brown hair. She smiled at them and pulled out a pad of paper and pen.

“Hello Dearies, my name is Marcy I will be your waitress today, what can I get for you?” She asked.

“I will have a cheeseburger with fries please,” Hermione said.

“And to drink?” Marcy asked.

“Lemonade please,” Hermione replied.

“And for you, sir?” Marcy asked. Hermione turned to face him.

“I will have the same thing, please,” he handed Marcy the two menus. She smiled and left them. Will turned and looked at her.

“So what do you do for a living?” He asked.

Hermione paused, her mind raced, should she lie or tell the truth. He looked quizzically at her. “Cat got your tongue?” he joked.

Hermione smiled, “oh this and that, you know.” He nodded. “What do you do, Mr. Darcy?” she asked.

“Oh this and that, you know,” he smiled and leaned back in the booth. Hermione nodded. Silence. Oh no, oh no, oh no, what do I say now? Oh I hope I didn’t scare him off, Hermione thought. Her heart stopped. I should care if I scared him off, I have Ron… I have Ron she sighed.

“Something wrong?” He asked.

Hermione hadn’t realized she had groaned out loud, “everything’s fine.” She said half-heartedly smiling at him. He nodded, and the silence continued. Marcy returned to the table with their lemonades smiled and told them their food would be ready shortly. Hermione glanced at the clock, only fifteen minutes had passed. Why was this dragging? She had so much fun with him the night before. Oh well, I have Ron, she reminded herself.

“Do you have any siblings?” Will asked.

“No, I’m an only child, how about you?”

“Same,” Will replied. “My parents died when I was young, I didn’t really know them.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry,” Hermione said reaching across the table and grabbing his hand without thinking.

“It’s okay,” he said looking down at her hand on his. She realized what she had done and jerked her hand back. Oh no, no, I have Ron. They had held hands last night, this wasn’t a problem, but it was too late, she had pulled her hand away. Thinking quickly she placed her hand to the left of her drink, near the middle of the table, pretending to play with the straw wrapper. Will smiled and reached out and took her hand.

She smiled back and said, “do you have any pets?” Was that really the best I could come up with, Hermione laughed to herself at how nervous she was.

“Not allowed, I do have a friend who is staying with me right now, he’s sort of like a pig,” Will joked. Hermione laughed “Nah, he’s my best friend; I don’t mind him staying for awhile.”

“Yeah,” Hermione nodded. “I’m pretty much by myself right now.”

“No boyfriend?” Will asked.

“Not currently,” Hermione lied. Why did you say that?!?! You have Ron!

“Surprising,” Will said, taking a sip of his lemonade.

“Why do you say that?” Hermione asked.

“You seem like a great person, I can’t imagine why no guy has scooped you up,” Will replied. “Not to mention, you are very attractive.”

Hermione scowled slightly. “Did I say something wrong?” Will asked realizing he may have made a mistake.

“I don’t like my relationships to be based on outward appearances,” Hermione replied. “I do appreciate the compliment, really I do,” she smiled at him and rubbed his hand in reassurance. Lucky for them, Marcy came with their meal. Hermione glanced at the clock, uh oh, I need to take more potion, Hermione thought.

“Um, I will be right back, I just need to go use the restroom,” Hermione excused herself. Hermione returned, now safe from changing back into herself in the middle of lunch. Will’s meal was still untouched.

“You could have started eating while I was gone, it’s probably cold now,” Hermione said sliding back into her seat.

“Now what kind of gentleman would I be if I did that,” Will replied handing her a napkin.

“Well thank you very much, you’re the first to wait for me,” Hermione smiled and picked up a fry and bit it.

“Well, you’re not with the right guys if they don’t treat you like a princess,” Will replied, picking up his burger. The meal went smoothly as they ate and talked. At about one-thirty Hermione walked out of the diner hand in hand with Will. The laughed and walked along the crowded streets.

“Well, I guess I should be heading home,” Hermione said sadly. I have something to take care of, she thought miserably.

“See me again?” Will said turning to face her. People shouted angrily, as they had stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, but Hermione didn’t hear them. She stared into Will’s eyes, he didn’t just want to see her, he needed to.

“Of course, how about dinner Tuesday night?” She asked.

“Tuesday?” He groaned, “I don’t think I can wait that long to see you,” he said leaning closer to her. Hermione’s heart began to race, things were different with Will then they were with Ron. Will’s eyes flickered and he smiled at her, bringing his hands up to cup her face. “Tomorrow?” Hermione smiled and grasped his hand in hers.

“I can’t,” she hated to deny seeing him but she had something to take care of. “Tuesday, I promise.” She leaned up and kissed him. It took all she had to walk away, her whole body on fire with the kiss. This time was different, he was different, and she was different.