Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Happens by Tenebrus

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Oh geeze, thanks to all who caught my HUGE mistake. Sorry I missed it! I promise it won't happen again. I hadn't updated in so long I didn't think my beta would remember me, so if you're out there my beta, I would love if you could edit my next chapter which is already written. Sorry again about the mistake!
Chapter Five: Secret Agent Ronald






Harry’s Point Of View





“I think Hermione is seeing someone else!” Ron whimpered from the floor behind the couch. Harry sighed and switched off the television.





“How did you come to this conclusion?” he asked patiently. Ron had been acting strangely since Hermione had broken up with him. He was constantly writing her and standing outside her building. Harry was beginning to get worried at his behavior.





“I just know, that’s why she’s not back with me yet. We’re supposed to be together and she’s traipsing around with some bloke who probably isn’t even good for her. Besides she left her flat the other day dressed rather nicely, I followed her for a bit before she disappeared,” Ron explained.





“Ron, as your friend I am going to say this as nicely as I can. Stop following Hermione, it’s passed the point where you are just looking out for her. You are bordering on stalker, and you really need to stop,” Harry said leaning over the back of the couch to look at his pathetic friend.





Ron looked up at him. His eyes were bloodshot, as if he hadn’t slept in days. Harry shook his head; there really wasn’t an excuse for Ron’s behavior at this point. Harry got up from the couch and strode to his bedroom. He picked up the phone and dialed Ginny. He was surprised when Hermione answered.





“Hello?” she said.





“Hi, Hermione, it’s Harry.”





“Oh, hi Harry!” she replied, “How are you?”





“I’m fine. Listen, can I talk to Gin for a minute?” Harry asked.





“Sure,” Hermione replied. There was silence for a moment then Ginny picked up the phone.





“Hiya, Harry!” Ginny said.





“Hey, Gin. How long has Hermione been staying there?” he asked.





“Not too long, just a few days. Her apartment was wrecked from a fire in her building. It will be a few more days before she will be able to move back in,” Ginny explained.





“Oh, well listen. I really don’t think I should leave Ron alone. He’s been following Hermione and acting really weird. I just don’t trust him alone. Is there any chance you could come over for a few hours while I go out on my date?” Harry asked.





“Sure, I’ll be over in a bit.” Harry hung up the phone. Now he could relax and focus on his date. He was really starting to like Lizzy. He pulled the flask out of his bedside table and unscrewed it. He stepped into the bathroom for a bit more privacy and shut the door. He looked in the mirror.





I’ve got to tell her at some point. I can’t just be Will for the rest of my life. But being Will does have it’ perks, I’m not the famous Harry Potter when I’m Will. Well, that’s a bit obvious. No, I have to tell her. Harry shook his head. He tipped the flask back and took a swig. He shuttered, knowing he’d never get used to the sensation the potion had throughout his body. He smiled at himself in the mirror. He unlocked the door and stepped out into the hall. Ron was coming out of his room at the same moment. He was dressed in all black with a ski mask on his head not pulled down yet.





“Uh, Ron, what are you doing?” Harry asked, seriously worried about his friend.





“I just want to know what prat has stolen her from me,” he replied. He was intent on stalking her until he knew.





“As your friend, I can’t let you do that,” Harry said stepping in front of Ron.





“Harry, move, I’m harmless I just want to see,” Ron replied trying to play innocent.





“No way,” Harry replied pushing him back a bit. He didn’t want to have to use his wand, but Ron was beginning to scare him.





“This isn’t any of your business,” Ron said, more angrily now.





“Hell yes it’s my business! She’s my friend too,” Harry reached into his pocket and fingered his wand. “And as a sane human being, I can’t allow you to go and endanger people. You aren’t in your right mind Ron, just calm down.”





Ron paused a moment and back off. “You’re right; I just miss her so much.” Harry shook his head.





“Just trust that she’ll come back, look I have to go. So I called Ginny and she’s coming over to stay with you for awhile. Maybe you two could order food or go out to eat, wouldn’t that be nice?” Harry said. He was talking to him like he was six, and Ron responded like a six year old. He smiled and sort of giggled.





“That would be so much fun!”





Harry waited a few more minutes for Ginny to arrive. When he opened the door, Ginny looked questioningly at him. He had forgotten he had already taken the potion.





“Sorry, Gin, it’s me. It’s a long story, I’ll explain later. Ron’s acting a bit loopy so be careful. I’ll be back later tonight. Thanks so much,” he kissed her cheek and headed down the hall. Ginny stood stunned in the doorway. Harry had taken a Polyjuice potion. He looked familiar, where had she seen that face before. She couldn’t place it, but she knew he looked familiar.





***






Harry arrived at the restaurant first. Since Lizzy’s apartment was still being fixed she decided it would just be easier to meet up. He waited anxiously for her. Tapping his foot, he looked up and down the vacant street. The little restaurant they were going to was known only to those who went looking for it. Harry found it when he was dating Sandra. They had both loved this place, and visited it frequently when they were dating. Harry decided that if he had cared more for Sandra he would have felt worse about bringing a new woman there. Lizzy wasn’t just a new woman, she could be the woman. The one he could spend the rest of his life with. Everything would be perfect. Except for the tiny fact that she doesn’t know who he really is.





It was at this moment that Lizzy touched Harry’s arm. He turned and smiled. Just like every other time they had seen each other, she looked absolutely stunning. She was dressed casually, as Harry had instructed her. She wore a plain white tee shirt, with a pair of nice jeans. She had on a silver charm necklace, and her hair lay loosely around her shoulders. Harry took her hand in his, and escorted her inside.





It was a casual restaurant, but not an ordinary one. The walls were a deep red, with many pictures of various people and places lining the walls. The lights were uniquely shaped colored glass fixtures that hung from the ceilings and walls. The light shone choppily around the restaurant, but it worked. The tables were different shapes and sizes. Most looked like they had been retrieved from the brink of death, and restored without damaging their worn charm. The chairs were of different makes. Some plain wood, others with cushions, there were even a few large plush chairs at a table in the corner. Harry watched as Lizzy took it all in for the first time. She smiled, but not with just her mouth her eyes glinted with her happiness.





“This place is wonderful!” she exclaimed. Harry led her over to table near the front of the restaurant. It was small, but not too small. There was a curved blue light over their table, it cast the perfect light. Harry pulled the chair out for her, she smiled and sat down. He slid into the chair across from her. His back was against the wall. He wanted her sitting there for a reason. When they entered, even in her simple attire, Lizzy had drawn the attention of every single guy in the place. Harry wanted to be the only one who could enjoy looking at her.





Harry handed her a menu from the side of the table. She picked it up and looked it over. “Everything sounds so good,” she said excitedly. She turned and looked around the restaurant again. Harry could tell she had fallen in love with it. There was such a passion in her eyes for it, Harry wondered if she would ever look at him like that. She turned back and smiled at him. “Thank you for bringing me here; it’s my new favorite restaurant.” Harry smiled to himself; at least he was getting credit for showing it to her. Now every time she ate here she would think of him.





A petite girl in a vintage Beatles shirt, and jeans came to their table. “Hi there, Will,” she greeted him warmly.





“Hi there, Jenny,” Harry replied smiling back. “This is my date, Lizzy.”





“Hi there, Lizzy, is this your first time here?” she asked. Lizzy nodded. “Well then tell me if you need anything.” She turned back to Harry. Smirking she said, “but don’t you dare ask for anything.” Harry smiled. Harry had known Jenny for a bit longer than a year now, they had become fast friends. “So what will you both be having tonight?”





“I’ll have the usual,” Harry said. He turned to face Lizzy. “And you?”





“Umm,” Lizzy paused. She looked over the menu once more. “I’ll have what he’s having.”





“Sure thing,” Jenny said, taking the menus and leaving.





“You don’t even know what I’m having,” Harry said.





“Well, I’m hoping it’s good. I couldn’t decide on my own,” Lizzy explained. Harry looked down at his watch, five minutes before he would change back.





“Uh, will you excuse me?” he asked sliding out of his seat and walking towards the back. Harry slipped into the bathroom and pulled out his flask. He took a quick sip, surrendered to the sensation then walked back. He was almost at the table when he saw Lizzy slip something back into her pocket. He wasn’t quite sure what it was.





“Miss me?” he joked.





“Nope, I was actually eyeing up that guy over there,” Lizzy pointed towards her left. There was a rather attractive man a few seats down with his friends. Harry didn’t find that funny at all. He frowned a little. “I’m just kidding,” Lizzy said trying to sooth his worries. There was a moment’s pause before the conversation continued on. Dinner went smoothly and the food was as good as always. Harry paid and they stepped out onto the side walk. Harry felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. He had a strange feeling that someone was watching them. He shook his head. No one would watch them, he wasn’t Harry now, no one would care who they were. They continued down the road, deciding what next. The walked past a dark side street and Harry got that feeling again. He stopped for a moment and turned around.





“Something wrong?” Lizzy asked. Harry shook his head, he was being dumb.






“Nothings wrong,” he reassured her.

“Now what?” she asked. Harry shrugged, it didn’t matter what they did, just as long as he was with her.