Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Best Detention Ever by Hallie Black

Printer
Summary: Everybody knows that Black equals Slytherin. It’s been this way for the past six generations. But what’s going to happen when eleven-year-old Sirius Black doesn’t do exactly what is expected of him? And, moreover, how is everyone else going to react?


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Marauder Era
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 2 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 5498 Viewcount: 3942
Published on: 07/23/06 Updated On: 08/28/06





1. On the Hogwarts Express by Hallie Black [ - ] (2827 words)
This was originally written as a memory for the fifth chapter of Siriusly Me. However, as I began writing this episode, the story grew longer and longer, and in the end, I have decided to use it as an independent fic. This, however, leads to a few other notices:
You will see, reading along, that I have written Bellatrix as younger than Narcissa, and, moreover, as being as old as Sirius and the Marauders. This is due to the fact that when I began writing Siriusly Me, JKR had not yet drawn up the Black Family Tree – and I had thus implied that Bella was the youngest of the Black sisters, making her as old as Sirius. While I could easily change Sirius’s parents’ names in order to fit with JK’s characters, I obviously couldn’t change the girls’ age, because then I would have had to rewrite the whole story. Therefore, this ficlet, just as Siriusly Me, will feature Narcissa being four years older than Bellatrix, who, in turn, is only a few months older than Sirius.
This said, enjoy!

2. The Sorting by Hallie Black [ - ] (2671 words)