Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Dursley Descendent by krumflies11392

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: JKR created this great magical world!
I'd like to thank phenioxsong22 for being my beta on this story, she's terrific! I'd also like to thank halfbloodprincess22 for giving the idea for the word "portly".


“I do,” Dudley Dursley stated to the priest, as his new wife grinned underneath her translucent veil. In the corner of his eye, his mother was wiping tears off her bony face and his father was blowing his nose into a wadded handkerchief.



“Now, let us welcome Mr. and Mrs. Dudley Dursley!” the priest exclaimed to the church. Cheers arose from the congregation, and Dudley and his new wife, Alberta, kissed without further delay. It was the best day of Dudley’s life, especially since he got the biggest piece of wedding cake.



Three years following that wonderful day, Alberta became pregnant with their first son and nine months later Shawn Vernon Durlsey was born.



Shawn was a cute little boy with dark brown hair and a skinny face inherited by his Grandma Petunia. Dudley and Alberta were overjoyed with Shawn, who was popular amongst their adult friends. He was the perfect child they had always dreamed of.



But soon, Dudley began to worry when Shawn watched a commercial on the television. It was a commercial for a toy, and of course spoiled Shawn wanted it as if it were gold. The toy was a wizard action figure that looked like Merlin, with a long grey beard and a flowing purple robe. What harm could it do to his two year old mind? thought Dudley. Although, thoughts of Harry Potter, his wizard cousin who always brought magical turmoil back to his home on Privet Drive, made his mind uneasy. It was just an action figure; besides Shawn had dozens and only played with them for a day before pitching them to the bottom of his toy box.



However, Dudley was incorrect. Shawn loved this toy the day he saw it in the shipping box, covered in foam peanuts. He never went anywhere without it, not even the bathroom. Then all Shawn began to talk about was his wizard toy and how much fun it was. Dudley became more and more concerned about his son’s continued talk until it finally got so bad that, without consulting with Alberta, he snuck the wizard toy into the trash.



The next morning Shawn went ballistic digging through his toy box, throwing toys all over his bedroom carpet. He refused to eat or sleep until he found that toy. Dudley, tired of his son’s behavior, stopped at the nearby toy store on his way home, bringing back Shawn a new action figure that could talk and glow in the dark. Shawn forgot about the lost toy after a week and that was the end to contact with the wizarding world.



That same year, Alberta became pregnant again with their second son. Shawn was so excited he was getting a brother and couldn’t wait until he arrived.



Two nights before Alberta’s due date, Dudley had a strange nightmare. He saw Harry Potter taking his second son on a broomstick away from Dudley.



“Noo!!!” Dudley screamed in the dream as Harry and his son faded into the moonlight.



Dudley woke up shaking, with sweat pouring down his face. But he realized it wasn’t him who had screamed, it was Alberta. He turned in the bed and saw that she was going into labor. Having his parents come by to watch Shawn, Dudley rushed his wife to the nearby hospital. Hours later, their second son, was born. He was named Stanley Vernon Dursley.



The same moment Dudley had awaken from his nightmare, Harry Potter, famous Auror, woke from a very confusing dream. He sat up starring into the darkness of his bedroom. He saw his wife, Ginny, fast asleep next to him. He nudged her gently, and Ginny’s eyes opened slowly to see a concerned face on her husband.



“Harry,” she started in a whispering voice, “Do you know what time it is?” She rubbed her blurred eyes to better see her surroundings. “What’s wrong?” she asked.



Harry sighed as Ginny grabbed her wand and muttered, “Lumos!” A yellow-green light appeared on her wand as Harry began to explain.



“I had a dream,” he said, “a very strange dream.”



“It’s not one of those dreams that is going to lure you to save somebody, like the ones about Sirius?” Ginny asked, thinking about their fifth year at Hogwarts school when Voldemort had tricked Harry into saving Sirius Black, and instead of saving his godfather, Harry had to duel many Death Eaters at the Ministry of Magic, barely escaping from death in the process.



“I don’t think so,” Harry said, slowly thinking about the dream again. “It was about me and Dudley.”



“Dudley…,” Ginny said trying to remember who he was.



“My Muggle cousin,” Harry finished.



“Oh right,” Ginny remembered. “Well, so what happened?”



Harry paused, trying to envision the dream. “I was on my broomstick, outside a house, probably Dudley’s house I imagine. It was around midnight, and I was taking a boy, about ten or eleven years old, away from Dudley. It was kind of like what your brothers did before my second year, when they were trying to rescue me from my aunt and uncle.” He hesitated.



“Go on,” Ginny encouraged.



“Well, that’s mostly it,” Harry concluded. “Then we flew away.”



“Hmmm…,” Ginny thought. “You’re right, this is a strange dream. Well, who could this boy you’re talking about be?”



Harry thought a moment before replying. “Maybe it could be Dudley’s son or something, but why would I be taking a Muggle with me?”



Before they could think of an answer, a cry came from across the hall. Harry and Ginny got out of bed and walked to the nursery. Their son, Sirius, was wailing in his crib. Ginny turned on the light and picked up the three month-old Sirius.



“Harry, can you go downstairs and grab Sirius a bottle?” Ginny asked with their crying son in her arms.



“Sure,” Harry replied and went downstairs and filled up a bottle with warm milk. Suddenly, he had an idea and rushed upstairs with the full bottle.



“Ginny, I have this feeling,” Harry began while giving Ginny the bottle, “that the boy I rescued in my dream is being born tonight or was born or something, that’s probably why I had the dream.”



“And what gives you that idea?” Ginny asked.



“Well, remember I had a dream about Sirius the same night he was born? Tomorrow, I’m going over to the hospital and seeing for sure.” Harry said with confidence.



“But Harry, that’s a Muggle hospital, it’s way different than St. Mungo’s or a wizard hospital,” Ginny said with concern.



“Well… I guess I will be giving your father a call before I leave since he knows a lot about Muggles,” Harry said.



“Okay,” Ginny said, and she put Sirius back to sleep.



The next morning, after talking to Mr. Weasley, Harry kissed Ginny and Sirius good bye and Apparated to a lonely alley near the hospital to avoid being seen by Muggles. He entered the revolving doors of the hospital. Following Mr. Weasley’s advice, he walked up to the front desk.



“Excuse me,” Harry said. “Is Dudley Dursley here?”



“Umm… yes,” the portly receptionist said, typing on the computer. “He’s up on the third floor in room 340.”



“Thanks,” Harry said and he went up in the elevator to the third floor. As he was making his way to the room, he saw Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia walking into the room with a small boy around the age of two. He quickly hid in the near restroom so he wouldn’t be seen. When the coast was clear, he approached the room. He stood outside the door so he could still hear.



“Hi Mommy! Hi Daddy!” Shawn exclaimed when he entered the room. “Where’s my new brother?” he asked with excitement.



“Right here,” Dudley pointed to a sleeping infant in Alberta’s arms.



Shawn’s face went from excitement to confusion. “ That’s my brother?” he said looking at the baby. “I thought I was getting a brother my age .”



“No,” Alberta began. “He’s a baby, but you get to be his older brother! His name is Stanley. Do you want to hold him?”



Shawn was in shock and tears started to fall from his eyes. “I wanted a brother my age!” he screamed and the baby started to cry. Shawn ran out of the room crying, and Vernon, Petunia, and Dudley chased after him. Harry turned so they would not see him. He exited, thinking about the infant, the next generation of the Dursley’s.