Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Memories of a Man by EccaDaisy

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This is just a few little musings that popped into my head; it’s my first fan fiction so please review, constructive criticism is welcome. Ecca
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything you recognize here, all thanks goes to JK Rowling…

Memories of a Man
By EccaDaisy

Waking up, you feel something brush against your leg; automatically you roll over to give your husband a cuddle. Opening your eyes, you grasp thin air, Severus is no longer there. It is a cruel reminder that you feel most mornings, Severus Snape, the only man you have ever and would ever love, the man who had survived the defeat of Lord Voldermort, had been taken from you, at the age of 68. Severus Snape, the Greasy Git of the Dungeons and a War Hero had been taken from you by his own god son, Draco Malfoy, 10 years previously.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Looking at the calendar, you already know the date, it is the First of September, your wedding anniversary, you were meant to celebrate your 30th year of marriage today, instead, you are left with the memories of the past haunting you, like they do every day, with no exceptions. Looking away from the calendar, your eyes came to rest on one of your favorite photos; it is yourself with Severus, and your two kids, Nathan and Aaralyn. You had coerced them into a picnic down by the Hogwarts Lake. Severus is smiling; it was taken one month before he died.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A knock at you door alerted you to visitors, although the wards had alerted you that it is your oldest child, Nathan, and his fiancée, Lucille Potter, minutes before. Opening the door reminds you of what you have lost. Nathan is very similar to his father, he has black hair, which he keeps long, and deep black eyes, although he has your nose, without meaning to, you let out a little chuckle, it reminds you of the discussion with your husband when you first found out you were pregnant with Nathan. Severus swore that he wouldn’t have his own nose.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Entering the Hogwarts Dungeons you know you are home, it has taken you a year to realize that running away was no good, and you silently thank Minerva for keeping the job of Potions Mistress open for you and for not allowing anyone to take up residence in the rooms you once shared with Severus. Walking to his, no, your office, you smile. You can still smell him down here, the smell of potions and that indescribable smell that was only his. It’s a simple smell, but it still brings your eyes alive with the memories of what once was.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Walking towards the café were you are to meet your daughter, Aaralyn, you see her heading towards you, she hasn’t noticed you yet. Just as you are about to call out to her, she is knocked by a couple of teenagers, before they have a chance to apologize, she glares at them, with her deep brown eyes, and although the eye color isn’t the same you would recognize that look anywhere. It was your husbands glare. Turning around, she notices you and waves; her face is bright and cheerful once again. You look away so she doesn’t see you tears.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waking up, you feel something brush against your leg; automatically you roll over to give your husband a cuddle. He looks just how he did when you married him. Without saying anything he leans forward meeting your lips in a passionate kiss.
Smiling he gets up and you realize that it’s just a dream. Yet, you still decide to enjoy it. Getting up you walk to the end of the bed and wrap your arms around him, he gently tilts your chin, motioning you to look at the bed. Your 57 year old self is there, you’re finally at peace.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finish…