Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Dream Deferred by MoonysMistress

Printer
Summary: A schoolgirl crush ebbs and flows. Can Jessie Stuart, a forgotten Gryffindor girl, meet her ex-professor Remus Lupin without falling hopelessly in love again? Told in a split view between the present and the Trio's – and Jessie's – third year at Hogwarts. Warning: mild profanity.
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 2771 Viewcount: 1421
Published on: 07/29/06 Updated On: 08/08/06





1. Chapter 1 by MoonysMistress [ - ] (2771 words)
Disclaimer: As per usual, I own nothing you read except Jessie and the circumstances. "A Dream Deferred" is stolen from Langston Hughes's poem of the same name, which, if you know said poem, puts an interesting spin on Jessie's situation.


Jessie is an odd character. She's sort of a staple, fall-back character I plug in for fictions-in-the-air (those fics which, thankfully [in my case], are written in my head and remain there, never quite making it to paper). I've shoved the poor girl into Rent, PotC, LotR – you name it, she's probably been there, with or without that precise name. In the Potterverse, as "Jessie" (she was also the inspiration for Diane in my fic Silver Requiem, with a few major tweaks), she invariably ends up with a certain male character – I won't say who – but always has a "thing" for Remus. Unfortunately, Jessie, like the boys of Neverland, can never quite grow up enough to be a decent age for Remus, so all her romantic notions towards him are doomed to be hopeless crushes. In the other story in which she stars, this is more amusing than sad. Just a little backstory.


This fic was rejected a year ago for being told in flashbacks, which is the entire point: to show that Jessie lives in the past, with only a slippery grip on the present reality. As it were, I was too miffed at the time to resubmit. However, I stumbled upon this in my archives recently and decided to give it another go. Please excuse the lack of proper character development, but the story isn't as much about Jessie herself as it is about her crush. Go easy on this story, please…it's an odd concept and was written over a year ago. That said, enjoy!