Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Nowhere To Go by Sly Severus

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Lyrics Disclaimer: All portions of this story that are in italics are lyrics from the Avril Lavigne song Nobody's Home.

Story Disclaimer: I do not own these characters or anything in their magical world. These characters and their world belong to the talented J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros.


I couldn't tell you why she felt that way,
She felt it everyday.
And I couldn't help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again.


“What’s the matter with you?” Andromeda demanded, clutching the small pendant around her neck. “It’s just a necklace. What are you so upset about?”

“It has their mark on it,” Ted snarled. “Why would you want to wear something that brands you as one of them? I thought you walked away from that life.”

Andromeda realized that he was referring to the Black Family Crest on her pendant. It was engraved on the back, behind the large diamond. It wasn’t even visible. The necklace had been a gift from her father, on her seventeenth birthday. She had forgotten that the crest was even there, but clearly Ted had not.

She was also astounded by the way he spoke about her family. She knew that Ted had issues with them for obvious reasons. She had turned her back on them to be with him. But surely he would realize that they were still her family, and she would always have a connection with them.

“I am one of them,” she snapped. “I will always be a Black, and there’s nothing either of us can do about it.”

“You don’t have to flaunt it.”

“I’m not flaunting anything.”

“You’re proud to be associated with those people, aren’t you?”

“I can tell you that I’m not proud to be associated with you, at the moment,” she growled, as she stomped out the door, allowing it to slam behind her.

What's wrong, what's wrong now?
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
I's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.


Her blonde hair blew in the harsh night wind. Tears streamed down her facing, flowing into her hair. She was running, but she didn’t know where she was going. She had nowhere to go. Her entire family hated her. They hated her because she chose to be with a man, who in the end didn’t understand her anyway. Now she had nothing, and no one. She was truly alone, with nowhere to turn.

She stumbled over a rock, and landed on the ground. Pain shot through her leg, and dirt covered her robes. A loud sob escaped her throat. But she didn’t sob over her pain; she sobbed over her loss. The loss of everyone she had ever loved.

She sat on the ground, with no real desire to get up. There was no reason to get up. There was no one waiting for her. She had wrecked her life beyond repair. She had a family who would have taken care of her, forever. All they wanted was for her to follow their example and beliefs. Would that have been so horrible? She could have married a pureblood. Being with a Muggleborn certainly hadn’t worked out well.

He didn’t understand her at all. He had gotten so angry, and it was all because of a necklace. He had accused her of being proud of being a Black. He implied that she agreed with their beliefs. But it wasn’t true. She didn’t hate Muggleborns. For heaven’s sake, how could she? She was in love with one. She just hadn’t expected him to become so angry over a simple pendant.

Open your eyes and look outside, find a reason why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.
Be strong, be strong now.
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.


The thought of returning to her family’s mansion was appealing. She could tell them they had been right all along, and beg for their forgiveness. She could go back to her room, and have house-elves to take care of her again. She would be back with Narcissa, and Bella would talk to her again. Oh, how she had missed them. There had been a time when they were practically attached at the hip. But that time was over.

In her heart, she knew that she could not go home. Her parents gave her one chance to take it back. They told her that if she walked out the door with that filthy Mudblood, they would never have her back. She would be no daughter to them. She knew that her parents would not go back on their word. She also knew that her sisters would never go against their parents. She could never go home. She had no home, not with her family, and not with her Ted. But with the way they had all acted, did she really want her home to be with any of them?

Her feelings she hides.
Her dreams she can't find.
She's losing her mind.
She's fallen behind.
She can't find her place.
She's losing her faith.
She's fallen from grace.
She's all over the place.
Yeah,oh


When she had left her family to be with Ted, she had been so certain that it was the right thing. She loved him. She thought he loved her. It was simple. They were going to live happily ever after, and if her family refused to accept that then she would go on without them. She would be fine, as long as she had her Ted.

But now she didn’t have Ted. She didn’t have anyone. She was alone, in the middle of the night, lying on the ground. The temperature was quickly falling below freezing. How could she have been so wrong about everything? Was this just her punishment for refusing to obey her parents? Was there nothing she could do to fix her life? Was she really destined to live without her family, and without her Ted?

The thought of being alone sent a shiver through her spine. A shiver that was in no way related to the cold surrounding her. She didn’t want to be alone. She was used to having Ted take care of her. Before that it was Bella who took care of her. At this point, she would even settle for a house-elf. She just didn’t want to face the world with no one to rely on. She was used to having someone there to pick her up when she fell. She didn’t even know if she was capable of getting up on her own.

She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.


She curled up in a ball, in the dirt, without giving any heed to her robes. Something her mother most definitely wouldn’t have approved of. Of course, she had done little in her life that her mother did approve of. At that moment, she could think of nothing. Maybe there was nothing. Maybe she was always destined to be disowned by her family, and end up with no one.

She continued to sob loudly, wondering if she would ever again have a home”a family. Or if she would be forever alone.

She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah
She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah


A/N: Well, we all know that Andromeda and Ted work their problems out. I just wanted to explore how Andromeda might have felt after their first big fight. After all, she did give up her entire life just to be with him. After making such a drastic change I think it would be natural for her to have second thoughts, especially when she’s just had a fight with Ted.