Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Blind by chocomaniac

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hello again, my minions!

Read and enjoy!
Bittersweet Reunion

When nothing is sure, anything is possible

-Margaret Drabble



I woke up quickly when I heard my alarm that day, not grumbling about the cold as I had done for the past two mornings. That day, the whole world seemed more beautiful, calling out to be explored. I wanted to see him again. The day before had seemed bleak before he arrived, and the one in front of me would certainly be boring if he didn’t show up.



It surprised me that I could feel so close to someone when I didn’t even know their name. Since that Christmas, I hadn’t gone out with anyone, despite my friend Gina constantly trying to hook me up with some guy or another. But that guy….I had felt a connection with him. But I had to go slow. That was how I lived now.



As soon as I got to the restaurant I set out to find Gee. I had to ask her if she knew him.



“Gee,” I said as soon as I got into the kitchen. “Have you ever seen this guy around? He’s got dark hair with light brown highlights, and um…blue-green eyes, and he’s quite skinny.”



“Why, Han?” she said, distracted. “Is he one of the customers that was giving you a hard time? Because I can’t do much about them, I’m afraid.”



“No, no. He was a policeman hanging around in the back street yesterday.”



She looked at me then. Stared at me is more accurate actually.



“Hannah Jessica George,” she said sternly, but with excitement in her voice. “You like this guy, don’t you?”



I blushed. “W-well no, not exactly….”



“You do like him. Oh, this is so great, Hannah! You’ve finally found someone!”



“I’ve only said about two words to him. He seems like he’d be a great friend, though”



“Idiot!” she said, hitting her forehead with her palm. “Why didn’t you ask for his number? If I liked a guy the way I suspect you do, that would have been the first thing I’d done.”



“But I’m not like you, Gee-Gee,” I said. “I’m not as outgoing as you. I could never ask a guy for his number.”



“No wonder you’re still single,” she said with a sigh. “Now, off to work with you!”



I grinned as she chucked the apron at me. I knew that though she seemed uninterested, she would now do whatever it took to get me with this guy, even if it took her a year. I turned and walked into the restaurant, already looking forward to my lunch break.



After my morning torture session, I walked through the kitchen and out the door into the back street. I threw my sticky apron on the dusty ground then collapsed onto the stairs, my head in my hands. I could have fallen asleep right there on the stairs, but the thought of that guy was enough temptation to keep me awake.



After half an hour, my break was over, and there was no sign of that mysterious guy. My hopes sinking, I turned and went back into the kitchen, pausing to grab my now-dusty staff apron.



When I got inside, I only just had time to catch a glimpse of Gee’s ginger hair before she almost bowled me over.



“Han…Hannah,” she gasped, out of breath. “I think…I think I saw him.”



“Saw who?” I said, knowing who it was, but half-hoping it was actually some celebrity who had just arrived in the restaurant.



She rolled her eyes. “Who do you think it was, Hannah? My Grandad? That guy, of course! In the restaurant!” She sounded more excited than the time her favourite shop had a 75% off sale.



“In…in the restaurant?” I said. I didn’t want to like someone who ate here. All of them were nothing but rich jerks. Even I could hear the disappointment in my voice, but this didn’t seem to phase Gina at all.



“Yes!” she squealed. “And I haven’t let anyone go up to him yet; I’ve been saving him for you!”



“Oh…thanks, Gee…” I said.



“No problem!” she said, obviously pleased with herself. “Now get out there!”



I grabbed my pen and notebook and shuffled nervously into the restaurant. I spotted him almost immediately, sitting by the window, looking out at the boring world that surrounded him. I walked over to his table.



“Are you ready to order, sir?” I said nervously, looking down at my notepad, so I wouldn’t have to get lost in his strange blue-green eyes.



He jumped in surprise, and then looked at me, my eyes still on my notepad, my pen poised.



“Hello again,” he said, his voice excited. “I was hoping to see you again.”



I had to look at him then. “Oh, hi. I didn’t realise it was you.”



“I didn’t introduce myself properly yesterday,” he said, sticking out his hand. “I’m James.”



James. His name was James. I could hardly breathe, but he was expecting an answer.



“I’m….I’m Hannah. Hannah George.”



“Well Hi, Hannah,” he said, smiling.



“Do you want anything to eat?” I said quickly. I just wanted to get out of there.



“I’ll have the steak. Do you want to join me?”



“Sorry, I can’t. I have to finish my shift. I’ll go and get you your lunch,” I tried to sound as sorry as I could, but on the inside I was celebrating. I really wanted to get away from him.



“One steak, please!” I yelled when I get into the kitchen, just before Gee practically jumped on me.



“Well? How did it go? Did you get his number?”



“Calm down Gee. His name’s James. That’s all I got.”



“What do you mean, that’s all you got? Get back out there!” She looked like she wanted to strangle me.



“No, Gee,” I was not going out there again. I was starting to think that the guy was stalking me. And though he seemed nice enough, I just didn’t like rich people. It was just the way I thought. And I didn’t think I was quite ready to get back on the dating scene anyway. “He’s…he’s not what I thought he was.”



She looked so disappointed when I said that, I almost felt like taking it back. “Well,” she said. “You’re going to have to go back out there. Abby’s just gone on break, so you’re on your own for half an hour.”



Her words filled me with dread. And though I really wanted to evaporate on the spot, I knew I couldn’t abandon Gee over some guy. So, when James’ steak was ready, I gathered my nerves together and stepped calmly into the restaurant.



“Thanks,” he said when I handed him his lunch. “Are you sure you won’t join me?”



“Thanks for the offer, but I really can’t. I guess I’ll see you around.”



“Wait,” he said, grabbing my arm as I turned around. “Some friends and I are going out to a club on Saturday night. Will you come with me?”



My breath caught in my throat. This was my perfect chance to get rid of him once and for all. I opened my mouth, ready to erase his hopes for ever.



“Sure. When will you pick me up?”



“Eight. See you then.”



“See you,” I said faintly, turning back towards the kitchen. What on earth had I just agreed to?








I sit on this chair, staring at the wall. I can’t remember what I’ve been doing. I can barely remember who I am, or why I’m here. I can remember hearing voices, so many voices. And there’s an ache in my chest that’s not going away.



What’s happened to me?



It’s as if I’m waking up for the first time. I can see colours, faces, and lights, blurring into one landscape. Someone’s telling me something, their face swims into view. It’s Ron. He looks so relieved, but still sad and worried. He wants to know how I am; I can see it in his eyes.



I don’t know what’s going on. I can’t speak, I can’t hear. My vision’s blurred, and my skin feels icy and numb. My brain is going crazy with this thirst for knowledge, but at the same time it either can’t or won’t think. I want to know what’s happened to make everyone act so strange. But then I realise.



Harry. Harry’s gone. And it’s all my fault.














There you go. Next, chapter 4! Let me know what you think!



Oh, and nothing belongs to me- except the story of course. I need some credit.







chlo xoxo