Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

And I Saw Her by hammy

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I SAW YOU
A fanfic

CHAPTER I : "..I saw you.."

*Set in Hannah's POV

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Harry Potter..just borrowed a few characters. ^_^
A/N: Please read and review..I'd love to hear from you guys..Thanks! please email me.. hamztr_PC_23@yahoo.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't like this.."

I rolled my eyes as the students in front of me suddenly came to a halt. I stood on my toes, hoping to see over the heads of my housemates, but I still couldn't see what was causing the hold-up. Annoyed, I pushed my way through the crowd to get to the front. After what felt like rummaging a closet filled with black robes, I finally reached the entrance to Snape's dungeon. I sighed; it was Draco Malfoy and his cronies again, pissing Harry Potter's head off. This time,
they had these eerie green pins that say "Potter stinks".

"Ugh. Just as I tho-"

I ducked just in time to miss a spell that bounced off another one. Looks like he finally got to Harry, I thought. I turned to see where the spell hit, and the sight horrified me: Hermione Granger's teeth were growing at an alarming rate. I rushed to her aid but someone bumped me hard on my shoulder, throwing me sideways. It was Ron, who is now trying to comfort Hermione. An amazing amount of anger filled me, which made my body shake with rage. Infuriated, I wheeled around to Malfoy's direction and started towards him. But before I could reach him, a familiar voice boomed in the corridor; Professor Snape has arrived. Harry and Ron explained what had happened, but being the stupid git that he is, Snape asked Malfoy for an explanation. He gave Harry and Ron detention for something like "disrupting classes" and "causing riots during class hours" (which, by the way, literally means 'I hate you, you disgusting filthy little brats'). To add fuel to the fire, he dismissed Hermione's state. The idiot insisted that he 'saw no difference'.

I turned once more to Malfoy's direction, shot one last infuriated glare, and proceeded to the dungeon. The class had barely started when a first year came for Harry, something about him being a champion for the triwizard tournament... a pictorial I think. Snape still had that look of loathe in his eyes as he dismissed Harry. As the class carried on, I found it hard concentrating on the lesson; my whole body shook uncontrollably. I was so close... I could have clobbered the bastard... I thought. 'Then again, it was a blessing in disguise: I didn't get detention.' I sighed. Sorrow replaced anger. I never got detention... not once in my four years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Why? Because no one ever noticed me. I was a regular student, a regular Gryffindor doing fairly well in her studies, and a nobody beside the Golden Trio. Hermione is a good friend of mine, though. She was my only friend, in fact. That's why Malfoy's "little
accident" had a huge effect on me. She always gave me a sincere smile every morning at our room, sometimes helped me with my assignments, and gave me words of encouragement every now and then. But, whenever Harry or Ron appears, I slump in the shadows once more..unnoticed and invisible. I had always been like this, and somehow satisfied with my present state. I have lived my four years in Hogwarts this way, and though it pains me to say this, this maybe the way I live for my remaining three years at Hogwarts.

The noise of bags opening and chairs creaking snapped me out of my self-pity mode. I glanced around and saw that the class was over. I cleaned my desk and headed to my next class. As I walked through the corridor where the commotion started, a voice came out of a dark corner.

"I saw you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Something to ponder..."

I froze.

I knew to whom that voice belonged...my mind just couldn't accept that fact. Why was he here? Was he following me? What did he want? My mind raced as I searched for plausible reasons. Whatever it was, it was nothing good. If he's gonna attack me or anything, I better be prepared. I straightened myself up, and turned to where the voice came from.

"Excuse me?"

From a dark corner emerged a tall figure with silvery blonde hair, gray eyes and that distinct smirk on his face. He walked towards me in such a manner like when someone walked toward a coffin, which gave me a sudden chill in my spine. He looked at me as though he was thouroughly amused, with his eyes dancing in the dimming torch light.

"I said, I saw you. You were looking at me particularly...er...murderously." He stressed that last word, then made that annoying grin even more pronounced. "I would like to know why."

His mocking tone completely irritated me. I closed my eyes, trying to suppress the peaking anger in me that might burst any minute. Breathing deeply, I replied. "Wanna know the truth? I was about to beat the hell out of you. But, it seems today's your lucky day." A lust for infuriating him swept over me. "Oh, wait a minute. Don't tell me I scared you?"

He stared at me darkly for a breif moment, then recovered with a cruel laugh. "Me? ME? Scared of YOU?! Beat the hell out of me?" He laughed out again, then gave me a defiant stare. Slowly, he approached me.

"I think..." The distance between us was getting fewer and fewer, feet by feet. "... That the one..." I backed away. He was still walking. "...Who should be scared..."I felt the wall on my back. He wasn't stopping.

My mind became blank. I started to panic.

"...is ou."

He finally stopped, barely inches from me. The torch light illuminated his face, and as I racked my brain on what to do, I started noticing a few things that I hadn't seen before... like the way his magnificent gray eyes shone in the little light from the torch above me... how smooth his cheeks seemed to be... how distinct his facial features were..how his thin lips were inches from mine. I couldn't move. I didn't move, because I didn't know what to do. Should I push him away? Should I slap him? Should I spit on his elegant face? I knew I had to do something, but at that moment I didn't know what it was. He leaned forward slowly and brushed his lips to my cheek so gently. His soft lips trailed from my cheek to my ear, then whispered,

"Well why don't you tear me to pieces now?" His breath sent shivers down my spine, as I gasped in surprise. Then, I had finally deciphered what my mind what telling me: I was afraid. I was afraid of him. That's why I couldn't react, why I couldn't move. After coming to my senses, I gathered my remaining strength, pushed him as hard as I could, and ran away... Anywhere was ok...just to be away...away from him...

I didn't attend my last class that afternoon, as I ran straight to the common room. I threw myself to my bed, and hoped that the sight of him would disappear. But, even as I lied on my bed that night with eyes closed, hours after, I still could see him clear before me... I still felt his lips on my face... I could still hear his menacing laugh echoing in my ears...