Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

And I Saw Her by hammy

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I SAW YOU
A fanfic

CHAPTER II

"..she's..different.."

*Set in Draco's POV

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Harry Potter..just borrowed a few characters. ^_^
A/N: Please continue reading and giving reviews..I'd love to hear from you guys..Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed her. I had to. Why? Let's start with those glorious minutes before Potions.

It had always brought me remarkable pleasure to annoy Potty and his gang, and unmatched delight to see their pissed off faces. This was one of those few moments when Potter, with all his glory and honor shunted aside, gave in to me. I was utterly shocked when that stupid goblet spit out Potter's name. Once again, the lime light was on wee beety botty Potter; he always gets all the attention he needs to fill that big fat head of his. So, in retaliation, I had shown the trio my new pins, which said "Support Cedric Diggory, the Real Hogwarts Champion". "That's not all it does. Look." And we Slytherins pressed our badges, then it glowed green with the words "Potter Stinks" glowing in the dim light of the corridor. The look on their faces was priceless! Back then, Potter hadn't budged yet, so I went on ranting in the mudblood business again, (which, mind you, is one of my favorite topics). When I teased the mudblood, that's when he snapped. He pointed his wand at me threateningly. Tuh! As if I'd be scared of him. We cast spells at the same time, and they bounced off each other. His spell hit Goyle, and my spell hit the mudblood (Ha!). It seemed that luck was definitely on my side that day.

Then, I saw her.

She looked at me with a stare filled with unmistakable anger; a stare of pure loathe. Although I've seen Potter give me that look many times, hers was somehow...different. Rage was radiating from her...like light from the torches that surrounded us. She stirred something inside me…I don't know what is. All I know is when she approached me, I was stumped. My heart was beating fast, and my lungs were suddenly short for oxygen. Barely a few feet away from me, she turned to her left: Professor Snape had just arrived. Overwhelming relief came over me. ‘That was too close’. It was a good thing I had recovered myself when the Professor asked me what had happened. Naturally, I told them my side (which made Potty and his gang look bad, of course). And, as usual, the Professor believed me. I always had a high regard to Professor Snape, being loathsome and all to Potty and his gang, and for giving me such power. As I laughed my way inside the dungeon, I turned to look if she's still looking at me. A part of me wished that she wasn't, but another begged that she was. And she was. She gave me another infuriated stare, then she went inside. I shook my head and pitied the girl. 'Another Potter fan,' I thought. Too bad, she's...different from all of them, which made me doubt if she is even friends with Potty. 'Why bother? Why am I suddenly interested in this low-life? She's a nobody. Wait a minute. That's it! She's a nobody. Why must she stare at me like that? Who gave her the right to stare at Draco Malfoy like that?' My ego was trampled. Nothing can spare her from my wrath now. No one has ever trampled on my pride. And that's why I waited for her; why I followed her.

I stayed in that dark corner for a while. And when she was in view, my heart skipped. I don't know why, but it did. Maybe it was excitement...in letting her feel my vengeance and all. I always felt a tinge of excitement when I am about to break a rule, or to annoy a student, especially when it's Potter that I am about to annoy. I steadied myself, and called on to her. She stopped. I couldn't tell what her reaction was as her back was turned to me, but I do hope it's fear. However, when she turned to face me, I couldn't see any trace of fear in her face. Eyes blazing, she told me that she was about to beat the hell out of me, and that I was lucky that I escaped. Truth shone in her eyes, and not arrogance. My insides squirmed with an enormous rage, but I calmed myself down. 'Not yet, Draco. Later.' I laughed at her "attempt" to piss me off. I needed my revenge. I wanted it so badly, that I could anything to get it right that moment; even if I had to curse her to pieces. So, I came to her. I pinned her to the wall. And then, I saw her stir: there was panic in her eyes. Deep inside, I was smiling broadly. It was my chance.

I could have cursed her right there and then, and left her writhing in pain. I could have just slapped her, or spit at her face, then burst out laughing. But I didn't. Under the torch light, I saw her differently. I couldn't help but notice how her rich black hair shone in the dim light...how her illuminated face seemed to smooth and soft...how delicate her full lips were, even as they quivered with fear. She was fragile...she was different. I stared at her as I never did to anyone else. The sight of her sent goose-bumps all over me. Suddenly, I had drifted away from my own thoughts. I closed my eyes, leaned forward and kissed her smooth cheek ever so gently. 'Wake up, you fool!' I came to my senses. I trailed my lips towards her ear and whispered. I heard her gasp, felt her shiver; it made me satisfied. I had succeeded. After that, she pushed me hard and ran away, while I laughed out loud. I gained power over another wretched soul. I laughed for my victory over her.

But at the back of my mind, I knew I had to see her again; I had to stare into those dark brown eyes again. Somewhere inside me, I knew she was different.