Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

And I Saw Her by hammy

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I SAW YOU
A fanfic

CHAPTER III

"Something to last forever"

*Set in Hannah's POV

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Harry Potter..just borrowed a few characters. ^_^
A/N: For those of you wondering, Hannah is an original character. She is definitely not Hannah Abbot. Please continue reading and giving reviews..I'd love to hear from you guys..Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been weeks since he had cornered me that afternoon after Potions, but I can still hear his menacing laugh echoing in my ears. I could still picture him vividly in my head everytime I closed my eyes: his gray eyes staring at me mockingly, his lips smirking, his breath sending thousands of shivers all over me. I loathed him even more for what he did to me...for what he had made me into. I hated him for the fear he implanted in my brain. I feared him even more. I was afraid to be looked at again by those piercing eyes; afraid to be touched by him who had fixed in me such strong terror, that I feared even his mere presence.

I tried to be unnoticed (which was really an easy thing to do, since no one ever gave me attention) everywhere, everytime, by everyone. I stayed in the library for hours, surrounded by books that I don't even read. I went to my classes alone, ate my meals at the farthest point in the table, and went back to the common room alone. I even stayed clear from Hermione, which pained me the most. She did, one day noticed my strange behavior and asked what was going on. I was so thankful for that question; finally I could tell someone who cared about me...finally I could release all burdens me for the past few weeks. But alas, things were not as good as they seemed to be. Harry and Ron suddenly entered the common room, and once again, I had sulked in the shadows…unnoticed and invisible. I tried not to cry every now and then to prove my strength to myself, and yet I still gave in in some nights when the pressure was too much to handle. I needed someone…someone to cradle me in his arms and tell me everything will be ok...someone who sees me even when I don't want to be seen. But no one ever did. No one ever saw me.

'But no…someone did,' my mind would tell me. 'He saw you. He said so himself.' But I had shoved that thought away. 'He saw me alright. And what did I get? Retaliation. Fear.' 'The point is...he saw you. He noticed.' 'He doesn't care.' 'That's what you think.'

Feeling crazy from these thoughts filling my head, I went out to the lake. It was Saturday then; I had done all my assignments (though not with ease) and was quietly thinking in the common room, when these thoughts came to me. I felt I needed a break from all the thinking, so I went outside and sat by the lake, feeling the cool breeze caress my arms. As I watched the ripples forming in the lake, his face burst clear in my mind once more. I tried to shake it off, but he was still there. So, I tried imagining him 'less fearfully': I imagined him smiling at me…a smile that didn't have any trace of mischief or mockery. Just a simple smile of happiness. I laughed sarcastically, telling myself that my chances of seeing him smile at me like that were like the chances of Hermione Granger failing an exam. 'Get a grip, Hannah you stupid prick.'

"Daydreaming again?"

I slightly jumped after hearing that only too familiar voice behind me. I knew it was him again, so before I stood up and faced him, I braced myself. 'Well, if he's gonna insult me or try anything crazy, I'm not gonna let him do that again'. I stood up and faced him. He was arrogantly standing a few feet away from me, arms crossed and still having that irritating smirk on his face. It was exactly how I saw him every night.

"Mind your own business, Malfoy. Leave me alone."

That taunting smile of his widened. "You know, dear, that attitude of yours won't get you anywhere but near trouble."

Immeasurable anger filled me again. I was fit to burst.

"What's this? Draco Malfoy lecturing about attitude? Speak for yourself, you bastard."

I gave him a defiant look, and then marched towards the castle. But, he grabbed my arm, stopping me. His grip was tight; I could feel searing pain from his hand.

"I'm not finished talking with you."

I faced him and saw him stare at me darkly. I felt a tinge of fear coming to me, but indifference took over. "You have no power over me, Malfoy. Now let me go."

His grip on my arm tightened, and I squirmed in pain. I yelled at him to let me go, but he didn't. I panicked. Why isn't he letting go? I felt my hand going numb, and saw pure hatred in his eyes. The fear I had kept to myself for so long had burst open; I was terrified. Then, it happened.

He yanked me towards him and kissed me.

Eyes wide with shock, my whole body had shut down. I couldn't move. With his lips crushing mine, I felt angry. I pitied myself. I felt used; I felt dirty. I could have slapped him with my free hand and could have escaped immediately but I didn't...I couldn't. Suddenly, all the pain, sorrow and anger I had felt for the past few weeks overwhelmed me. He really did have power over me.. and I gave in to him so easily. I closed my eyes as I let tears flow freely down my cheeks, just as I slowly let all my strength leave me. Then, I felt his grip on my arm loosen itself. He drew away quickly, as though he had kissed a hot iron. I stared at the ground, angry at myself, pitying myself. His power was too much for me, and I hate it. I could have slapped him, cursed him even, but I didn't. It was all too much for me. I felt all my remaining strength leave me, and I fell on my knees with my face buried in my hands; I cried my heart out.

After a while, I seemed to have calmed down. Then, I realized that he was on his knees, holding me, his arms around me, and his lips close to my ear whispering, "I'm sorry…don't cry...I'm sorry..." Surprisingly, I found myself clinging onto him, my face buried in his chest. His warmth was soothing; his voice comforting my aching soul. I felt all my fear leave me…all the pain and sadness were wiped away by his healing hand. He held me like I was never held before, and my heart poured itself to him.

For the very first time, I felt loved.