Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

And I Saw Her by hammy

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I woke up.

I blinked a few times, then sat up. I looked around, and saw an oddly familiar row of beds...What the hell am I doing in the hospital wing?!?! I racked my brain for any memory of what had happened... I closed my eyes, then pictured myself back in the lake. I was there, thinking of how I can not think of Draco, then I thought someone had called me. I stood up, turned, then...then..Why can't I remember anything? I hit my head with my closed fist a couple of times. What is wrong with me?

"STOP THAT!"

I slightly jumped with surprise. Someone had grabbed my arm: it was Madam Pomfrey. "What in Merlin's beard are you doing?!" "Madam Pomfrey, what happened to me? Why am I here? How long have I been here? Am I gonna die?" Madam Pomfrey waved her hand impatiently. "Shh..too many silly questions. You were brought here a few hours ago by two first years. They said they found you unconscious by the lake. You fainted because your body was too weak. Have you been sleeping properly?" I shook my head. I was about to reason out but she cut me off. "Eating disorders? Irregular meal times?" I nodded. She sat by my bed and held my hand. "What's wrong, dear?" I looked away from her. The fact that the answer to that question was so easy bothered me. I sighed. "Frankly, I don't know." "Do you want to talk about it?" I looked at her again and saw the concern in her eyes. "I'd rather not, but thanks for the offer, Madam Pomfrey." She smiled and gave my hand a squeeze. "Okay then. I'll let you rest now. Tomorrow, I'll check you up and then maybe you can go back to your common room." I smiled at her and whispered a small thanks. As she walked away, I remembered what she told me about the first years. "Madam Pomfrey!" "Yes dear?" I asked for the names of the students who brought me in. They were Ravenclaw students. I muttered another 'thank you' and lied down on the hospital bed once more. Sighing, I remembered the dream I was having. Draco had pissed me off...I walked out on him. He grabbed me, then...I placed a finger over my lips as I thought of that kiss. It was angry..and full of hatred. I shruddered and shook my head to take that thought away, which I regretted later because my head began to spin. I have to end this soon...before I go crazy...

The next day, after Madam Pomfrey gave me one last check up, I strode along the halls looking for the students who helped me. At long last I found them in the Great Hall, trading Wizard Cards. I fixed myself up, then approached them.

"Hi!"

The students jumped with surprise and stared at me. The red-haired boy looked at me curiously, while the blonde guy stared at me as if he was annoyed. They were looking at me for a while, at which I started to feel awkward. Kids..

"Hi! I'm Hannah. I would just like to thank you for helping me yesterday. You see-"

"Yeah! I remember you! You're that pretty girl in the pink dress by the lake!" The red-head exclaimed excitedly. I blushed. I'm starting to like this kid. "I don't know about pretty, but yeah, that was me. Thank you-" "Oh please..." said the blonde boy, who then rolled his eyes at me. He was thoroughly annoyed as he was obviously showing it, and with that look on his face he kind of reminded me of Draco. "We were only passing by the corridor when this fourth year called us and ordered us to help you. He even threatened us with detention if we don't help. If you asked me, I would've just walked away. But Johnny here was either too scared of detention or too noble to leave a damsel in distress." He looked at me with that annoying glance and rolled his eyes again. I gaped at him. What a huge pompous git! I looked to see if Johnny made an effort to stop this ugly zit from babbling, but he just looked at me (apparently dazed). I could have jinxed that creature to pieces but I stopped myself. I calmed down after a while. "Well, whatever your reasons are, I still thank you for what you did." I wheeled around and started to leave when I remembered what he said. I turned and called back. "Do you know the name of the student who told you to help me?" Johnny shrugged. "I don't-" "We don't know his name," that creep said. "Johnny was too noble to ask his name. He's Slytherin, by the way. Maybe a huge fan of yours." He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and walked away quickly before I could think of a spell to hit that chunk of shit. Ooooh, that boy will get it. That sick, pathetic, pompous zit will get it! Then, I stopped by the portrait hole. A fourth year Slytherin? A Slytherin?!? I pondered on the thought as I walked to my room. Why would a Slytherin help me? I dropped myself on my bed. Who could it be? Some noble Slytherin? I smiled. Ha! There's no such thing. That would be impossible. He'd be the butt of Draco Malfoy's jokes. I sat up. What if... I shook my head. Nah..I don't think so. Why would it be him? I pondered on that thought for a while. If it was him, that means I owe him. Argh..which means I have to thank him...and Then, it hit me. That's it! It all fits! I jumped on my feet and ran out of the common room. "This is gonna end now."