Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

And I Saw Her by hammy

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Day by day, I watched her.

For weeks I have silently watched her: while she was going about her daily routines to class, while she spent long hours in the library, and while she quietly sat down by the lake every Saturday. I wanted to know more about her... who she really is, and why she was who she was. I was curious. I wanted to know why she was different from all of them. Of course, I never told anyone of my thoughts about her. They'd think I'm a stalker or something (which, I am not),or maybe an obsessed guy (which I will never be). She made me think about her almost every night, where I am left wondering why she loathed me that much...and once or twice maybe when I would see her again.

Anyway, I mean, fine, I see her every now and then. I don't do anything to her. I don't tease her, attempt to annoy her, and even look at her longer than two seconds. Why would she give that defiant look? How can she loathe me when I have nothing to do with her, and she with me?!

'Goddammit, Draco. You sound like a stupid schoolboy with a little crush.' Of course I'm not! I am Draco Malfoy: I fear no one, and I am under no student in this school...even to that little thing. Still, I couldn't help but get lost in my thoughts...of course, thinking of her again. 'I have to know.' So, I followed her.

One thing I found out about her was she was alone almost everytime. Whether she didn't want company or they didn't want her, I don't know. But, as I watched her go to her classes alone, go to the library alone, go back to her common room alone, I felt a small tinge of pity for her. I have never seen anyone as, alone, as she was. Pity, eh? Of course! I have nothing else to feel for her. She's just a low-life Gryffindor. I pity her pathetic little soul. But then..she is rather enchanting... I snapped out of my crazy thoughts when I heard her laugh. It was rather sarcastic, like when I laugh at Goyle's jokes. "I have to end this now...before I get crazy." So, I went to her.

But, before I could even go near her, she stood up: she was leaving. I slapped my forehead, thinking that I didn't do what I needed to do. But, just as I looked up to see where she was going, I saw her sway and slowly fall down to the ground. I stared at her; my mind went completely blank. I looked at both ends of the corridor, trying to see if anyone was coming. Should I help her? No, of course. But...I just couldn't leave her there... Pacing fast, I strained to think of what to do. Then, I saw two first years coming towards me. I quickly strode to them.

"You two, help that girl by the lake. She's fainted, so carry her to the hospital wing."

The red-haired boy looked concerned. "What? Where is she? What happened?"

I shook my head in frustration. "This is no time to ask stupid questions, kid. Go and carry her now!"

The blonde boy stepped forward and stared at me arrogantly. "I don't see a prefect badge on you. Just who are you to order us around? We're not house elves. We're students."

These kids tried my patience. Why are they being so difficult?! What if other students came and saw me here? This will seriously ruin me. "Listen, you little brats. My father is a very influencial person. I could have you given detention anytime I want, or even expelled with just a snap. Now, help that girl or I will go right now to the Headmaster and tell them you spat at me."

The red-head looked very frightened, nodded vigorously, then yanked his friend towards the lake. I took one last glance at her, checked the corridors once more, then went to the Slytherin common room.

That night, I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking of her. What the hell happened out there? She wasn't hit by a spell that's for sure; no one else was there. Maybe I cursed her by looking at her too often, or by just thinking of her for too long. I lied on my back and stared at the ceiling of my four-poster bed. That was mighty stupid, Draco. You can't do that. I lied on my bed for at least an hour and still couldn't sleep; I thought of her still. I closed my eyes and recalled the delicate features of her face during our encounter in the dungeons: her silky cheeks, perfect brown eyes, and those beautiful and delicate lips waiting to be kissed. I sat up. I need to see her again. I have to end this madness. I climbed down my bed and down the stairs, out of the common room. As I made my way to the hospital wing, I actually walked a bit faster than usual. My heart was beating very fast, and I had difficulty breathing again. I shook my head, and yet it was obvious: I ached for her. I longed to see her face once more, and now that I am, I'm excited.

I walked slower as I approached the doors to the hospital wing. I whispered an opening spell, and quietly made my way inside. I squinted in the dark to look for her. And I did.

She lay just before a window, the moonlight bathing her face. I stopped as I was enthralled by her beauty...She looked like an angel lying there,softly breathing. I walked towards her bed, and stopped at the right side of her bed. I kneeled before her, and traced her smooth cheek. I gently moved the strands of hair covering her face, and just stared at her. My heart suddenly stopped, just as it had beat so rapidly just a while ago. I might have gone completely dumb or crazy that time, because I wasn't thinking. She was here, in front of me, looking like a goddess, and that was all that mattered. I felt like I could last forever just looking at her like this...I didn't need to think twice. I leaned forward, and kissed her lips. Her lips were soft and delicate...it was like kissing an angel. I felt my heart beat faster and slower at the same time, and as I kept my lips tenderly pressed on hers, I felt an odd feeling in me burst. I felt...so happy...so satisfied. She stirred a bit, so I drew away. That made me come to my senses. I'd rather be caught dead than seen here...or worse, when she wakes up and sees me... I strode towards the door and to my room without stopping or even going slower. I dropped myself at my bed, and before I fell asleep, I was pretty sure I was smiling.