Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Quidditch Captain by Weasel King Fan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Back in the common room, Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat discussing the practice.

"It wasn't that bad," said Hermione, "I mean it wasn't the best practice, but keep in mind, it was the first one." Ron had noticed how abysmal the prctice had been, too.

"Oh, come on, Hermione, we were terrible. The only way we'll have a chance to win the cup is if Harry catches the snitch in the first thirty seconds of every match."

At breakfast the next day, Proffessor McGonnagal approached Harry at the Gryffindor table.

"Well, Potter, that certainly was an, erm, interesting practice. Now, don't take it so hard, it was only the first one, but frankly I see no hope for Gryffindor unless I get you some assistance. You and the team be down at the pitch at 7:00 tonight." And she walked away. Slightly puzzled, Harry wondered what kind of assistance he would be receiving tonight.

At quarter to seven Harry, Ron and the rest of the team made their way down to the Quidditch pitch. They were all thouroughly baffled, but excited, at the prospect of some help. Just as Harry was imagining again the thought of winning the cup, a voice said, "Hussle up, team, we've got a lot of work to do!" Harry couldn't beleive his eyes: Oliver Wood was striding towards them, navy blue Puddlemere United robes and all. Katie shrieked with excitement and ran up to him to embrace him, while Harry shook his hand.

"Alright, Potter?" said Wood. "Captain, eh? I'm not surprised, you were an increadible player. Wow, it's great to be back here... Anyway, McGonnagal said you were having some trouble and asked me to help train you. I'm going to watch you first, then see what I can do. Well, off you go."

Harry set everyone doing the same as the day before. However, this practice was, if possible, worse than that of yeaterday. Oliver flew up to meet them with an utterly sickened look on his face.

"Okay, that was...er...not bad." He managed to choke out, "I think I'll work with the Keeper first...you, you're a Weasley, yeah?"

"Er, yeah," said Ron.

"Alright, you come with me, the rest of you, carry on."

Wood spent the rest of practice teaching Ron new moves and the like. By the end, Ron was much improved.

Although a Keeper himself, for the next week Wood instructed each member of the team individually, teaching Katie and Harry, the more advanced players, new moves he had learned on the Puddlemere United team. As he bid them all goodbye, promising to come see one of their matches, the whole team had a heightened sense of pride, and Gryffindor's chances were looking good.